Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
cut down groomer
Topic Started: Jul 6 2013, 04:52 PM (1,200 Views)
Edisworking
[ * ]
we want to cut down a br275 ,we know how to to the blade and the tracks but what do you do with the tiller ?
I think you cut the tiller frame but the tiller bars ?
if i cut the tiller bars do i have to have them balanced ? if so who can do that ?
thanks ed
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catman Craig
Member Avatar
Svc Rep/Prinoth
[ *  *  * ]
tiller is the hard part. where you at??

Dan at TTM
President
[ *  * ]
Where are located? I have wings and tracks already cut down to 12 ft Thanks, Dan. 970-509-0117

lester g
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
i have a tiller off of a 1999 mp 275 that is cut down to 10 feet give me a call if you have any interest in that. thanks les 218 289 0662

slednek06
[ *  * ]
I cut down a PB270 to 10' blade tracks and tiller. Just disassemble the tiller, cut the frame to appropriate length, we took the tiller bars and cut the outer ends and then re welded the outer rings back on. Did not need to balance afterward and I get no vibrations from it. Measure twice cut once! Don't forget to add bogey wheels to the top side of the tracks to hold the unbalanced weight of the tracks. I've seen lots of machines cut down and they just let the tracks ride (wear) on the inner frame of the undercarriage. Some pics of the project in one of my previous posts. Good luck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ