Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
brush cutter on groomer; anyone do it?
Topic Started: Sep 29 2006, 01:36 PM (3,165 Views)
upnorth500
Member Avatar
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
I was scanning the Piston Bully site and see that they have a brush cutter/mower attachment for their machines. Does anyone use their groomer for brushing the trail pre-season? Seems to me it would be nice to get more use out of our equipment than just when the snow flies.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jim228
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
If we had the rubber tracks on our new PB Trail Bully, we would definately do it. The PB attachments are pretty expensive, so I would probably check into other company's self-contained mower units.

chuck
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
I know they are used in Europe. Not sure who has them in the states. They are a sweet looking unit though.

Al Cooper
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Try contacting Howard Cushman (207-769-6551) from Limbinator Co. in Presque Isle, ME. You see a lot of equipment in New England running his cutter bar.

Al Cooper
Prinoth LLC
603-267-7840

snowcat_webmaster
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hi, maybe this is what you're looking for:

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are Ohara Caliber snowcats, made in Japan. They are sold in North America by PBL Enterprises (www.snowcats.com), and Canada by Track Vehicle Technologies. (www.afmi.ca)
Posted Image

flyingcow
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Nice looking unit. Like the brush cutter
Equipment used - Suretrac TS-110 and TM-140

www.benedictasnowgang.com

Ebert
Member Avatar
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
That brush cutter (flail mower actually) on the Ohara is a Loftness… very well built equipment, available from most farm equipment dealers. They have hydraulic-driven implements for skid-steer loaders so I imagine it would be a nice fit for any groomer with hydraulic drive capability (watch the weight though!). Here’s their website: http://www.loftness.com/

And if you’re looking for a simple brush maintenance tool, we have what we call the “BrushBar”… it’s not a horizontal brush cutter; it mounts on the drag vertically to cut limbs up to 2.5”. Very heavy duty construction with good bracing to resist impact (I’ve snapped off 8-inch limbs with it!). Hardened blades are reversible / replaceable. Works quite well, drastically reduces manual labor! Pivots out of the way when not in use.

Ian

There are a few more photos on the ScrapBook Page of our website.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
It's big & it's blue & it's coming for you!

Ebert
Member Avatar
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Hey snowcat webmaster… nice “foggy” shot of the Ohara! Was that taken in Elliot Lake ON? I met Gord there one day at the end of last season... I was loading up after demoing the TS-A to the Snowbirds Club, just as Gord rolled in to show off the Ohara. It was a gorgeous day, things were really starting to melt fast.

Great avatar by the way. :D

Ian
It's big & it's blue & it's coming for you!

snowcat_webmaster
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Ebert
Oct 11 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey snowcat webmaster… nice “foggy” shot of the Ohara!  Was that taken in Elliot Lake ON?  I met Gord there one day at the end of last season...  I was loading up after demoing the TS-A to the Snowbirds Club, just as Gord rolled in to show off the Ohara.  It was a gorgeous day, things were really starting to melt fast.

well actually it was in Stratton, Vermont last year, it was a very nasty day, rained the whole time.

Quote:

Great avatar by the way. :D

Ian

Thanks, Glad you like it :D ;) :snow:
Posted Image

dseymour
[ *  * ]
For anyone interested, here are a few photos of a brush cutter on a Tucker Terra Cat. I built this with the help of P. Atkinson for our local snowmobile club two years ago in the December of 2004. It is driven by hydraulics from the Tucker and a twelve volt solenoid valve with two electric switches to change the direction of the hydraulic cylinder and the cutter. It cycles about 75 cuts per minute and will cut hardwood limbs up to 1-1/2" dia. This cutter has saved myself and the rest of the volunteers many hours of trimming on our 90 miles of snowmobile trail. The Tucker will go in wet areas where a farm tractor type mower will not go. There are many improvements that could be made to this cutter, but it is a lot better than a chain saw or brush cutter.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

flyingcow
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
You've definatly got me curious, but your pics didn't come thru :o

upnorth500
Member Avatar
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Please, please pics please. We have two terras that are waiting for snow when they could be cutting!! :D

mtntopper
Member Avatar
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Here is a link to pictures of the brush cutter posted on another forum by dseymour on the tucker. Looks like a great setup for cutting. You will have to sign up on the forum to see the pics if you are not already member.

Tucker Brush Cutter

My1200 LMC

http://www.trackvehicletech.com/

flyingcow
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
For whatever reason, the pics didn't come thru on the original post. looks like a nice unit.
Call the patent office :jump: Then send us a prototype, we'll demo it, just for a year or two :P

flyingcow
Advanced Operator
[ *  *  * ]
Although......I'd hate to be the first one on a sled (driving to fast, which I'd never do :P )
meet you, on the wrong side of the trial. But typically you see me on the trail, and i'l be in a groomer. and i'd still pull over to the side when i meet you. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ