Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

[http://s8.zetaboards.com/ratetheref/register//]Join our community![/url]

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FIFA Referees & Assistant Referees 2013
Topic Started: November 20, 2012, 12:33 am (1,790 Views)
consulrjo
No Avatar
So her we go,n earing the end of the year and nominations for next years FIFA list, we currently have 8 referees and 10 assistant referees on the FIFA list.

Referees:
Martin Atkinson (UEFA Elite)
Mark Clattenburg (UEFA Elite)
Howard Webb (UEFA Elite)
Mike Dean (UEFA Category 1)
Andre Marriner (UEFA Category 1)
Lee Probert (UEFA Category 1)
Michael Oliver (UEFA Category 2)
Stuart Attwell (UEFA Category 2)

Assistant Referees:
Simon Beck
Stuart Burt
Darren Cann
Stephen Child
Jake Collin
Peter Kirkup
Simon Long
Mike Mullarkey
David Richardson
Adam Watts

Well as far as the referees go Stuart Attwell will come off as he no longer is on the select group and the only referee realisticly young enough to replace him this year will be Anthony Taylor. So we'll only have 8 again. That being said i'm unsure as to the retirement age and Mike Dean is nearly 45 so he might retire if 45 is the retirement age. Then we're down to 7.

As far as assistant referees go Adam Watts has retired due to ill health I understand so he'll be replaced, the other 9 have done well enough in my opinion to stay on. So who's the luck guy to replace Adam Watts? Gary Bewsick, Simon Bennett, Darren Bond, Charles Breakspear, John Flynn, Scott Ledger (Who as I recall has previously been a FIFA assistant referee). i am sure there are others, these are the ones I think are young enough to have a good run on the list.

Discuss....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ScottishRef
Member Avatar
Darren Bond certainly won't be going on the list, as he is now a national list referee, although as a Scot I know next to nothing about the assistants, so am in no position to offer an opinion as to who will step up.

As for Anthony Taylor, would be very surprised if it's not him, aside from his excellent season so far, anyone else would be too short term to make it worthwhile you would think, but you never know.

And in terms of our representatives up here, aside from Craig Thomson who is 40, Euan Norris is the oldest listed FIFA official at 35, while the rest are all relatively recent additions or doing well in Europe, like Norris and elite official William Collum. Brian Colvin and Paul Robertson are listed as FIFA development referees by the SFA, but I can't see any logical reason to remove any of the current FIFA guys at this stage! Unless they'll be granted another space on the list if possible?
Edited by ScottishRef, November 20, 2012, 1:08 am.

Life of Riley
No Avatar
McMember
consulrjo
November 20, 2012, 12:33 am
So her we go,n earing the end of the year and nominations for next years FIFA list, we currently have 8 referees and 10 assistant referees on the FIFA list.

Referees:
Martin Atkinson (UEFA Elite)
Mark Clattenburg (UEFA Elite)
Howard Webb (UEFA Elite)
Mike Dean (UEFA Category 1)
Andre Marriner (UEFA Category 1)
Lee Probert (UEFA Category 1)
Michael Oliver (UEFA Category 2)
Stuart Attwell (UEFA Category 2)

Assistant Referees:
Simon Beck
Stuart Burt
Darren Cann
Stephen Child
Jake Collin
Peter Kirkup
Simon Long
Mike Mullarkey
David Richardson
Adam Watts

Well as far as the referees go Stuart Attwell will come off as he no longer is on the select group and the only referee realisticly young enough to replace him this year will be Anthony Taylor. So we'll only have 8 again. That being said i'm unsure as to the retirement age and Mike Dean is nearly 45 so he might retire if 45 is the retirement age. Then we're down to 7.

As far as assistant referees go Adam Watts has retired due to ill health I understand so he'll be replaced, the other 9 have done well enough in my opinion to stay on. So who's the luck guy to replace Adam Watts? Gary Bewsick, Simon Bennett, Darren Bond, Charles Breakspear, John Flynn, Scott Ledger (Who as I recall has previously been a FIFA assistant referee). i am sure there are others, these are the ones I think are young enough to have a good run on the list.

Discuss....
I expect Dave Richardson will come off as well now he seems to be back on the Football League list.

Bennett, Breakspear, Ledger, Bennett and perhaps West are the likely possibilities I would suggest, though Harry Lennard and John Brooks are getting very good appointments I suspect 6 months on the Premier League list is too soon. Many other very capable assistants but these are amongst the youngest so that would probably work in their favour.

Welshexref
No Avatar
I don't think there are any other options other than Anthony Taylor on the refereeing front who meet FIFA's criteria.

As has been pointed out Dave Richardson is likely to come off as he's no longer a select group assistant, so with Adam Watts sad demise there could be 2 vacancies ( I don't think there are any age issues with the rest of the current bunch). I'd have thought Scott Ledger was a shoo-in (I can't recall him being on the list before as someone has intimated) and the other place could then be between Simon Bennett and Gary Beswick although Darren England appears to have done a couple of Europa League games and Peter Bankes I think has done one too so there could be a dark horse in there somewhere. I actually reckon Peter Bankes has a chance of promotion to the FL middle which might rule him out. I also reckon the rest of the more experienced chaps on the select group line will now be too old for consideration.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Free Domains Forwarding