|RateTheRef - Messageboard Rules|
|RateTheRef.co.nr - Message Board Rules
1. On registering, you are asked to provide a valid email address. Please keep this updated, so that the site Admin can keep you up to date with any important news about the forum.
2. Please do not post your contact information on the boards. This is for your own safety. Please use the Private Message or Email buttons to communicate this information to members that require it privately.
3. Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Xenophobic comments will not be tolerated. Any such comments will be deleted by the site Admin, and the poster dealt with accordingly. The same goes for posts of a libellous/defamatory nature.
4. Please refrain from posting pornographic material. Any such material will be deleted. Linking to such material either in posts or through your member profile is also forbidden. If you feel the need to link to something of an "adult" nature (not pornography), please make this clear at the time of posting.
5. RTR is not a place for personally abusing referees. Discussion on performances is encouraged, but praise or criticism should be reasoned. Similarly, abuse of other members will not be tolerated, and offenders will be dealt with by the Admin team accordingly. Please respect other members.
6. There is an Admin team in place - currently; Ben, mac, BBIB, covboy and bmb - to run the boards. If you have any issues, comments or suggestions, please get in touch by emailing or Private Messaging them. Please also bear in mind that they all have lives to live, and may not be available immediately or at all times. Please respect the Admin team, and the rule against personal abuse applies to them also.
7. Please refrain from posting entirely in bold/italics/capital letters. This looks untidy and takes away from the effect these format options have. Also, please refrain from using text speak.
8. Avatars and Signatures should comply to all these rules. Similarly, any posted images should also be in keeping with the rules. All signatures are limited to 400x80 pixels - allowing for either three "userbars" or a larger image, but not both. This is to keep the site tidy and means that the site dimensions will not be changed.
9. Spam - the linking to an external website to advertise your product or website to increase the number of "hits" to your website is not allowed. Offending threads will be edited or deleted as the Administrators feel is appropriate. Spam Private Messages are also forbidden, and any reported acts of such will result in action against the offender.
10. Continued pointless posting will see action taken against the poster. Please consider whether you have anything new to contribute to the thread, as one-liners that restate the obvious only serve to clog up the message boards. You don't need to feel compelled to respond to every new message posted, if you do not have anything new to add to the thread. Your assent is implied without having to respond. Hijacking threads is also discouraged, and may lead to the closure of the thread or posts being deleted.
11. Please refrain from discussing decisions made by the Admin Team regarding the editing, deleting, closing of threads, or punishments handed out, on the forums. If you have any issues, please PM one of the admins who will be happy to discuss your issue with you.
12. Members who have been suspended or banned and who continue to post on the forums under a different alias, will be severely sanctioned.
13. Username Changes: We will take username change requests on a case-by-case basis. We may or may not allow it - depending. Up till now we have allowed all requests. However if you choose to request it - please make sure you know what you want. To have it changed a second time will take some extra convincing on your part. This is not something we particularly love to do.
14. Posting match official appointments: Some bodies such as UEFA/FIFA have very strict rules on when the names of match officials are allowed to be published, normally 48 hours prior to a match. Part of the reason is for the safety of the match officials concerned. Please do not post these appointments on here unless they are already in the public domain via a credible source such as a country FA website & place a link to that website particularly if the game is still over 48 hours away.
In relation to domestic appointments, they are published at 4pm on a Monday for the Premier League and at some point between 4pm on a Monday & the following Tuesday for the football league. Someone will post them on here once they are public. For lower leagues we appreciate many rely on those with access to moas to provide information very difficult to find in the public domain. Citing moas does not breach any messageboard rules.
If you have a problem with any other member, wish to report something you feel needs looking into, or have any questions about the boards, please PM one of the Administrators.
Members should also make themselves aware of the Admin Team's views on libellous or potentially libellous postings. These will not be tollerated. All members are deemed to have read the Admin Team's warning on this issue, which can be found here.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE RULES CAN BE UPDATED OR MODIFIED AT ANY TIME. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS..