Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to GECentral. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time Town
Topic Started: Apr 15 2009, 02:42 PM (250 Views)
derek1984
[ * ]
Does anybody remember this place? I just happened to stumble upon this online. I am not sure what year it opened and closed. I am too young to ever remember it. Looking at some pictures of it, it seems like some of the stuff from this place may have been moved to Gaslight Village and The Great Escape.

http://home.comcast.net/~rememberingtimetown/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Comet83
Member Avatar
[ * ]
We actually have quite a few of the figures from there at Magic Forest ie: space astronauts near our roller coaster. I think Jack might have even purchased a ride or 2 from there as well but I do know that alot of figures we have are from there.
Setup at MF starts this week, look for rides going up.

kittychatalot
[ * ]
I was born in 1973 and went to Lake George every year, but don't remember Time Town. i just left a message for my dad, because he went to lake George all his childhood too and may remember it. I will have to see if we have some pics!

nyguy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ahh.. Time Town!

It was located on Coolidge Hill Rd in Diamond Point - about 5 minutes north of Lake George Village.

They closed in the early 80's, but remains of the park remained there until the mid 90's, until a developer bought the land, ripped down what was left, and built high end homes which was completed around 96'.

The website link that derek posted says the owners live in Albany NY, which actually isn't true anymore. They now reside in Queensbury NY, and their license plate even reads "TIMETOWN".

I never personally went to the park, but I know people that did - and it was a nice little place to visit from what I heard.

nyguy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
kittychatalot, we would LOVE to see photos if you can get some!

lakegrglovr
[ * ]
oh my gosh I LOVED Timetown!I was born in 67 and grew up in Waterford and we went to Lake George all summer long.Spent lots of time at Storytown,my favorite, or Timetown for the day then we'd go to Gaslight Village after dinner at either the Montcalm or my absolute favorite The Red Coach!Timetown was a little out there,very 70's.They had the obligatory stagecoach ride with the robbers and a puppet show theater and this big dome building up front that was like a walkthru space thing and there was a gorilla in there.The best thing though were these giant yellow slides that you'd ride in like a burlap sack down ,way fun!!!!!!!!! I moved away in 81 and when I went back I tried desperately to find Timetown but since I'd been a little kid and now I was a young adult and it was not on the main drag like MF or Storytown or in the village like GV I couldn't ever find it.For the longest time I couldn't find anything online about it and I was starting to think I was nuts and I imagined the place,I rarely ever see anything on Ebay from there and I've gotten lots of stuff from the other parks!It was really there and it was really fun!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Storytown USA - Step Back in Time · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PARK EMPLOYEE DISCLAIMER - Great Escape employees are welcomed on the GECentral Online forums, however please note that The Great Escape management DOES check this site frequently. Great Escape Central is not responsible for anything that may result from a park employee leaking classified information on these forums. Please post information at your own risk. We are in no way associated with The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, The Great Escape Lodge, or any Six Flags property. This is an individually owned forum, as well as www.GECentral.com