Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to GECentral. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The History of The Great Escape - PART 2; Taken in June of 1981
Topic Started: Feb 28 2008, 11:53 AM (811 Views)
nyguy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is Part 2 of a huge update. This part is a continuation of part 1 that can be seen here.

Part 3 will be up in a few days. As well as Part 1 of a series of Gaslight Village taken in 1981 as well.

And then for a special treat, we will have StoryTown photos dating back to the last 1960's!

Enjoy!, and please leave your feedback on these photos.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nyguy
Member Avatar
Administrator
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

nhman
[ * ]
Great Pics the park looks so wierd without the steamin demon in front of the log flume

striker31
[ * ]
Omg do these pics bring back memories , im gonna have to talk to mom this weekend , i know she has tons of pics from back in the late 70's to 1980 . Ill see what i can dig up and send them your way Nyguy.

nyguy
Member Avatar
Administrator
sounds good striker!.. let me know when you get them!

Thanks!

Tomh
Unregistered

Awesome stuff. Even though so much has changed over the years, it is amazing to see some of the details that have remained for 50 years.
Quote Post Goto Top

nyjedi
[ * ]
Great stuff. Thank you for posting them and keep them coming.

Dorkyska
Forum Babe
[ * ]
Certainly brings back memories.

ChapperIce
Steamin Demon
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you think you could one day add captions to the photos for those of us who can't tell what something is/weren't alive when that was in place? Possible with a description of where it used to be located?

I loved that whale when I was little, but I thought it was blue...maybe my memory is just fuzzy.

bumpercarlady
[ * ]
Once again, bringing back wonderful memories. Of all the things that have disappeared, I miss the Whale. I used to LOVE the whale! Of course I also miss Jungle Land too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Storytown USA - Step Back in Time · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PARK EMPLOYEE DISCLAIMER - Great Escape employees are welcomed on the GECentral Online forums, however please note that The Great Escape management DOES check this site frequently. Great Escape Central is not responsible for anything that may result from a park employee leaking classified information on these forums. Please post information at your own risk. We are in no way associated with The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, The Great Escape Lodge, or any Six Flags property. This is an individually owned forum, as well as www.GECentral.com