LOOK DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!!!!

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Webcomic Rp Central. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Thanks for popping in here, and welcome. Sorry to say it but you have to register to be able to access the rest of the forums, but fortunately that's simple to do. Just click the link below and follow the steps, it's quick and easy to do. After that come and say hi in the newbie corner, don't worry, we don't bite*. If you wanna find out more just ask around the chat box at the bottom of this page, and feel free to drop a line in the green and black message box down below the chat.

~kuro, site Admin.

Join our community!

*Unless your a total ass to our members, then your account will be promtly sodomized, and then your IP address will be banned.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Letter From A West Texas Constituent; by J. B. Lee, Jr
Topic Started: Jun 1 2009, 09:04 PM (1,657 Views)
Trinity-Dragon
Member Avatar
A messenger and no angel
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
March 20, 1963
The Honrable Ed Foreman
House of Representatives
Congressional District #16
Washington 25, D.C.

Dear Sir:

My friend over in Terebone Parish received a $1,000 check from the government this year for not raising hogs. So I am going into the non-raising hogs business next year.
What I want to know is, in your opinion, what is the best kind of farm not to raise hogs on and the best kind of hogs not to raise? I would prefer not to raise Razorbacks, but if that is not a good breed not to raise, I will just as gladly not raise any Berkshires or Durocs.
The hardest work in this business is going to be in keeping an inventory of how many hogs I haven't raised.
My friend is very joyful about the future of his business. He has been raising hogs for more than 20 years and the best he ever made was $400, until this year, when he got $1,000 for not raising hogs.
If I can get $1,000 for not raising 50 hogs, then will I get $2,000 for not raising 100 hogs? I plan to operate on a small scale first, holding myself down to 4,000 hogs which means I will have $80,000 coming from the government.
Now another thing: these hogs I will not raise will not eat 100,000 bushels of corn. So will you pay me anything for not raising 100,000 bushels of corn not to feed to the hogs I am not raising?
I want to get started as soon as possible as this seems a good time of year for not raising hogs.
One more thing, can I raise 10 or 12 hogs on the side while I am in the not-raising-hog-business just enough to get a few sides of bacon to eat?

Very truly yours,

J.B. Lee, Jr.
Potential Hog Raiser

(This is an actual letter that was sent to the government. I copied this from my literature text book... because this is my favorite story in that book. However, I look and found no copyright or rights reserved on this letter. So, I'm not doing anything illegal.

However, please notify me of any typos... I copied this straight from my textbook, so any mistakes in the reading will be my own. And, I wish to have this completely correct.)
Who are you oh man? Just who are you?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Spam · Next Topic »
Add Reply

IRC Chat on a seperate tab.
Common Commands Entry Result
Change Name /nick [name] Changes display name
Action /me [action] Displays: [name] [action]
Register name /msg nickserv register [password] [email] registers current name with given password. Email confirmation not needed on this server.
Login /msg nickserv identify [password] Logs in to the server, restoring channel privileges automatically

Links to comics that our members like.

Links to some cool music that needs to be more popular:

Anything after this point isn't one of the aforementioned links.
Anything after this point isn't one of the aforementioned links.