|Course Map, or: The Rules|
|These rules are subject to change without notice, although major changes, especially changes where violations would incur immediate penalty, will be announced. All users of The Outside Course are responsible for knowledge of the rules; ignorance is no excuse.
1. Be nice. Nobody in the administrative team wants to ban anyone. We are sure that you know how to behave like an adult. If you act like a juvenile orangutan, you will be treated as one.
2. Keep it PG-13. Offensive content may be subject to removal at the discretion of the moderating team.
3. Do not bump threads more than two weeks old unless you have something vital to contribute. The one exception is in the Classifieds section, where you may bump your thread to the top every two weeks.
4. Spam is for e-mail filters, not for The Outside Course.
5. Do not double-, triple-, or multiple-post.
6. Do not post or discuss illegal content. This includes posting copyrighted graphics without credit and/or permission. That's Invision's rule, not ours, and breakers will be subject to an immediate 1-week ban.
7. If you want to pick a fight with someone, take it to PM or e-mail. We are not here to referee.
Essentially, remember what your mother told you: Treat others as you wish to be treated, and if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.
1. No hotlinking of graphics off of these forums; that pulls bandwidth and makes the admins sad. You do not want to make the admins sad.
2. All graphics, including avatars, must be hosted remotely. Good sites for this include www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com.
3. Any pornographic, explicit, or graphic material posted will be grounds for an immediate one-month ban.
3a. If you are posting "questionable content" please warn us in your thread title by saying "Joke (PG13)."
1. Total signature size may be no larger vertically than 10 lines of text. Example:
This translates to a maximum vertical size of 150 pixels.
2. No more than nine outside links. This includes multiple links to the same site.
3. No exclusive use of CAPS, AS THIS IS CONSIDERED YELLING AND SHOUTING IN THE BARN MAY SCARE THE HORSES.
4. Please be considerate in your choice of signature content. Offensive content may be removed at the moderating team's discretion.
1. Your collection of images may not be larger than 150 pixels tall and 700 pixels wide.
2. There is a maximum of eight images per post. You may post one 700 x 150 image, two 350 x 150 images, five 100 x 100 images, or eight 80 x 100 images.
3. All images must be saved in .jpg, .png, or .gif formats. Images in other formats tend to take a very long time to load.
4. Animated .gifs must be 500kb or below in size.
The first violation of the signature rules will incur a PM'd warning. From that warning you will have 24 hours to change your signature to conform to TOC rules.
The second violation will incur a PM'd warning and a deletion of your signature. At the moderating team's discretion your signature may be replaced with explanatory text (or non-explanatory text, such as "I wear pink fluffy bunny slippers.")
The third violation will incur an official site warning on your warning bar as well as deletion of your signature. Remember that you have a maximum of three official site warnings before you are banned.
Subsequent violations will incur official site warnings.
Crime and Punishment
The Outside Course uses the pointed warning system. You can see your warn level below your username; it is a blue-and-orange colorbar. If warned by a member of the administrative team, you will receive notification of the offense.
Levels of Punishment:
1. Warning #1
2. Warning #2
3. Warning #3
4. One-week ban
5. Two-week ban
6. Month-long ban
7. Permanent (ID and IP) ban
These levels are cumulative up to a point. Once you have been banned for one week, a next offense committed within 30 days will give you a two-week ban. After 30 days, an offense will give you a level 3 warning. Exceptions will be made at the moderating team's discretion for those who have been repeatedly banned.
This level system is in effect for all of the above rules except those whose consequences are marked.
By agreeing to these rules when you registered a username, you warranted that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.