Welcome to Starship Moonhawk & Moonhawk Studios. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Barbarians at the Gates; Know, O prince....
Topic Started: Dec 28 2017, 01:12 AM (18,841 Views)
Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*Downtown Metropolis, early afternoon. The stars were aligned, the prophecies fulfilled, and a horror that should not be walked the Earth! Earthforce Supergoliath tanks and anti-orbital railgun artillery filled the streets, attempting to corral the monstrosity and force it towards the harbor. Detective Candace Cain was busily in the process of slicing through the walking, corrupted corpses of the horror's victims with her kinetic scythe, while simultaneously wiping memories of sights the sane mind could not bear from the minds of nearby civilians.*

Candy: You're not Widow! You are NOTHING like Widow!

*several blocks away, driving her Sith Swords into a tentacle wrapped around a nearby high rise and channeling a withering blast of Force Lightning laced with pure agony and hatred through their blades, Darth Desree scoffed into her comms.*

Desree: Oh and YOU are?

Candy: No! I'm Scarlet Witch, duh!

*Desree let out a scream of unbridled rage as her blades sliced cleanly through the nightmare, glowing viscera spraying in all directions as the tentacle fell, Desree electrifying her hand to static cling to the metal skyscraper. An astral echo of the tentacle she'd just severed phased through the building to lash at her, but before it could reach her, a railgun shot ripped through the air and blew it to pieces with cold iron shrapnel. On the roof of a skyscraper a mile away, Kara smirked and reloaded her mass driver.*

Kara: Careful! Those astral feelers can rip your soul straight out of your body!

Desree: I saw it! Stop mother henning me! ....And you know I'm Widow, right?

Kara: Don't be stupid, Libby's Widow. Who even let you in this channel?!

Desree: Fine them, I'm Thor! Lightning powers, super strength, AND I'm the one everybody's hot for!

Kara: Tch, you are NOT Thor, Angie's Thor, you're Hulk.

Desree: I AM NOT THE DAMN HULK!!!!

*Kara winced as Desree screamed into the comm...basically proving her point.*
Posted Image
Actually it's about ethics...and possibly biting off your leg!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Flaming silver rounds filled the air, as Laura Lee was also there, helping clear another path through the hordes of undead for civilian. So focused on her dual-wielding at the swarms in front of her, one could be forgiven for thinking she was unaware of the two coming up behind her...util she suddenly brought both guns up and over her shoulders, crossed over behind her and firing twin shots that went through the foreheads of each monstrosity, without looking. No prizes for guessing she was Hawkeye.*

Kash: Just keep smashing, Desree!
*Kash had been part of the fight since it started. He'd been in the area when things went down, and had mostly contributed by carrying the less mobile civilians out to safety, sometimes two over his shoulders while one clung to his back. He was presently hotfooting back towards the action, running over the roofs of several cars, staying out of the grasp of the hordes...at least until he slipped on a bit of translucent Unspeakable Ichor that he'd failed to notice, and went tumbling off the car and into the middle of the street, where he'd suddenly start to be surrounded as he picked himself up*

Kash: Uhhh...
*he'd thunderclap his combat gloved hands together, causing a shockwave that bowled over several rows of the munchers in front of him (as well as set off various car alarms). With an opening, he'd make for safety, running over them pretty well, but eventually he'd get tripped by one or two just before getting clear, falling face first onto the sidewalk, looking to crawl quickly away, and doing alright, only for a quartet of them to come out of an alleyway at him before he was back up on his feet*
Kash: Ah shit!
*his fears would be allayed however, as they four would turn to the side upon hearing a loud whistling, before taken off their feet and driven backwards, pinned together to a postbox by a large trident. The owner, Detective Victoria Galanapoulos would rush in then, finishing them off with a single decapitating stroke to all at once with a sharp sword*
Vicky: *pulling the trident out* Try not to fall in with the wrong crowd, Kash. *she'd help him up before flying him up on top of a much safer news truck in a less densely populate area*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*No sooner that Vicky and Kash got atop the news vehicle, one of the wretched afflicted slammed into the front of the car, pinned to the bonnet by a large black sword. Mere moments after it made contact, a gunshot went off inside the cabin of the vehicle, blowing a hole through the windshield and turning the aberration's head into a geyser of viscera. It spasmed violently before slumping against the bloodstained bonnet of the truck.

After a moment, the driver's side window rolled down and Ebony poked her head out*

Ebony: Candygram! Oh, wait, he's kinda dead now..

*She paused, shrugged and then grabbed the top of the door, pulling herself up a bit to peek over the top of the truck and Kash and Vicky*

Ebony: Hey guys! Handling the mushroom people all right?

*The sword pinning the headshotted aberration evaporated into pitch black smokey swirls, allowing it to slide off the bonnet of the truck with a quiet, squishy squeaking sound before landing in a heap on the ground. Approaching the truck, wading through more of the undead aberrations, cutting them down as they came, was Sakane, clad almost completely in black plate armor, though it didn't have the bulky look armor typically did. Rather, it was sleek and a little form-fitting, made up of of thinner, smaller plates and a corset-like midsection. Her face was spattered with blood and her armor was smeared with it, and blood dripped from the keen black blades of her twin swords. Seeing her approach, Ebony waved*

Ebony: Hey mom! Nice javelin-ing!

Sakane: Thank you.

*She viciously smashed the pommel of one of her swords into the head of an aberration, knocking it back enough for her to follow-through with a downward stroke, slashing it in half shoulder to waist, sending the bloody mess smashing into the ground*
Posted Image

Quote:

Aurondarklord 11:29 pm
they also think pokemon are "oriental demons"
so they're not just nuts, they're racist too!

AkaneSyria 11:30 pm
a double feature!

Aurondarklord 11:31 pm
and apparently pokemon even all have the names of real demons
I wasn't aware of the evil marquis of hell named Diglett who commands 40 infernal legions

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Desree: I am not "smashing!" Lightsaber combat is a graceful art!

Candy: You literally call it the ferocity form!

Desree: That is an extremely outdated term!

Candy: You called it that this morning!

Desree: Whatever, Sakane can be Hulk!

*Desree dove off the skyscraper with a totally unnecessary flip, landing on another tentacle that seemed to be drilling into the ground in the park and getting to work on hacking through it while Candy swooped overhead, placing both hands against her temples and going full Carrie on it until telekinetic pressure burst it apart from within.*

Candy: Ugggh, nasty! What even IS this thing, how do we kill it?!

Kara: It's called an Eldrazi. Temporal scavengers from the astral plane. Probably drawn here by the chronal storm that hit the city a few weeks ago! They're actually useful in the cosmic scheme of things, they clean waste out of the timestream like clams eat pollution in the water. Just, you know, they eat everything ELSE in the process! And don't be an idiot, you think we can kill THAT with powers and small-arms? Keep it at bay and let Max's anti-orbital artillery do its damn job!

*As if to illustrate Kara's point, the artillery tanks opened up with another volley that could have put holes straight through a star destroyer, blasting chunks out of the heavy carapace that protected the monster's main body. It let out a hideous shriek of pain that shattered windows in a several block radius, one of its larger tentacles lashing out wildly as its body tilted backwards from the blow, smashing clean through the lower floors of a skyscraper, causing the entire building to pitch westwards and start to collapse!*

Kara: SHIT!! I've got this one, stay focused!

*In a fraction of a second, Kara used her neutrino scanner to make a digital map of the building, locating every person inside and calculating hundreds of vectors and trajectories of falling debris and civilians before activating her tachyon drive and her teleport egress, appearing and disappearing all over the collapsing building for the space of milliseconds, each time grabbing a trapped person and teleporting them to safety before planting a lattice of fusion mines throughout the western side of the toppling building, detonating them all at once to create a "wall" of blasts that cancelled out the skyscraper's directional momentum, causing it to fall straight down like a controlled demolition rather than smashing into other buildings. Kara reappeared in her sniper's nest, taking a huge bite out of a burger she'd picked up from a cafeteria in the building. With her tachyon drive at maximum dilation, hours had passed for her in the space of seconds.*

Kara: It should go without saying, but I'm fucking Iron Man!

*Kara picked up her mass driver again, starting to put rounds straight through holes the artillery tanks had left in the eldrazi's carapace, aiming for sensitive nerve clusters and key tendons at the base of tentacles.*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Vicky: Yeah, Ebony. We're handling it.
*she'd teleport out briefly before reappearing with Laura up on the truck. After which a phalanx of a few dozen ghost Spartans appeared around the truck, shields interlocked tightly and creating a tight barrier against the hordes that were now converging on it, systematically being run through the face with spears as swords when they got close enough, Laura sharpshooting to weaken the more concentrated clusters that might be more challenging*
Kash: I might find this more frightening if I hadn't already been in 3 VOD zombie movies this year...I'm kinda getting used to it.
Laura: You ever gonna be in something ah might actually hear about??
Kash: I'm trying! Lots of people want to be in John Wick 3, alright?
*While thrilled at this repartee, Vicky back towards the main action, flying low and forming a war axe in each hand, taking out various monsters as she went*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
Ebony: Except for the playboy attitude of course, Kash has that covered.

*She gives Vicky a thumbs up before yanking herself up onto the roof, drawing Shareda out of its sheath at her hip once she landed. Stabbing it outward at the encroaching horde of aberrations, she made quiet little "byoo" noises as she stab-fired comet-like projectiles of holy fire from the blade, which would either smash into members of the horde and explode them with holy flame, or land amongst them and detonate like a grenade, shredding those near the point of impact with holy fire.

Sakane, in the meantime, had stalked up onto the bonnet of the truck before Vicky formed her phalanx. Sheathing one of her swords, she'd proceed to play in, intentionally or not, to Desree saying she was the Hulk, by reaching over and tearing the passenger side door off the truck, and would swing it into the oncoming horde like a frisbee to decapitate, bowl over or otherwise maim members of the horde. Any that possibly got by the phalanx would be summarily dealt with by her, if Ebony or the others didn't first.*

Ebony: John Wick 3: The Doggo Bites Back! byooo~!
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

I wasn't aware of the evil marquis of hell named Diglett who commands 40 infernal legions

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Kara: Kash is Winter Soldier, I mean, super strong reformed former terrorist? It's kinda obvious. You're Vision, of course.

Candy: How is she Vision? Isn't Vicky Vision?

Kara: No, Vicky's Cap!

*Desree leaped into the zombie horde, her body glowing crimson with Force Rage, and unleashed a massive Dark Side Burst, undead near her getting reduced to dust and the rest blasted apart, lightning lancing in all direction, smashing holes in the stone facades of buildings as the shockwave overturned cars and would likely bowl over the heroes and Vicky's spartans. When the blinding light cleared, Desree was standing in a crater, surrounded by devastation and blackened bones.*

Desree: See? Thor!

Kara: GIVE PEOPLE WARNING WHEN YOU DO THAT! LAST CHANCE DESREE!

*Desree looked around at the skyline, sticking out her tongue in Kara's direction before drawing and igniting her double sabers as the next wave approached.*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Laura would nearly fall off the truck from the blast, but Kash grabbed her, keeping her steady*
Laura: Thanks, hun. Get me over to the other side of the street? *she'd point towards another truck on the opposite side*
Kash: I'm not entirely sure I can hurl you that far safely.
Laura: Aw, just get me close enough to the lamp post. *She unfurled her whip*
Kash: Heh, okay Cowgirl.
*he'd take a hold of her by the waist and after a count of three, he'd toss her across the road, Laura sailing through the air until coiling her whip around the lamppost and swinging onto the other truck. Once there, she drew both pistols and resumed firing at the horde, which split its attention and gave the Spartans more time to regroup and form up again.

Vicky meanwhile saw another large tentacle start to curl around a stone building. She looked around for something to put to use against this and spotted an overturned van that had been making a delivery to a bar. She flew down, sending a lightning ball through the heads of a small group of the undead gathered around and looked inside. She whistled and went in, soon pulling three large casks of whisky, sitting them on one end and stabbing a hole in the top of each with her sword, before ripping some cloth from the rags of the dead to put into the hole. She then engulfed her blade in flame and used it to light each rag, before using Atlas Strength to pick up and toss each oversized Molotov cocktail at the tentacle one by one, with enough force the casks would break on impact and ignite*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
Ebony: -taps her chin- Mmh, that make seEEEEK!

*Desree's impromptu lightshow prompted this surprised squeal from Ebony as the truck was struck by the shockwave, knocking it off its wheels. Ebony frantically windmilled her arms briefly as she and the truck went tumbling, but got her senses back fast enough for her to run off to the front and leap clear, before she'd end up dumped on the ground and potentially squished by the truck. She'd land a ways ahead of where the truck was, kneeling into her landing before popping up straight*

Ebony: Dangit, Desree!

*Sakane, being on the bonnet of the truck, ended up getting driven back by the shockwave into the windshield. Growling, she threw herself out of it, skating across the bonnet, her armored boots gouging broad lines into the painted metal before leaping off the nose. Twisting through the air she'd come down not far from Ebony, her landing fracturing the asphalt as she went to a knee, one hand on the ground. She straightened up then and stepped out of the impact zone, drawing her other sword as she went.*

Ebony: -seeing the next wave coming- Pfffhh...Ok, I've played enough tower defense games to know what to do here.

*She let go of Shareda, leaving it to hover in the air as she drew out an AA-12 from her trench coat, shoving in a drum magazine, before taking Shareda by the hilt again. Sakane looked over and raised an eyebrow*

Sakane: ...Just what kind of tower defense games have you been playing?
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Desree: THE GOOD KIND!!

*Desree charged into the oncoming horde with wild abandon, but before she could reach it, a massive Earthforce tank equipped with plasmathrower batteries smashed through the undead ranks, blocking the intersection and filling the street ahead of them with plasma hotter than the surface of the sun, the driver speaking up over the tank's intercom.*

Driver: Consider this sector locked down, there's another pack breaking through the barricades on South Street! ....What the hell?!

*Desree was so utterly consumed by Force Rage there was simply no dissuading her from her target as she jumped OVER THE TANK in a blur of Force Speed, the gunner quickly shutting off the flamethrowers so he wouldn't accidentally incinerate her as she ran at the undead, roaring like a wild animal. The shocked driver opened up the hatch of the tank to yell at her.*

Driver: CLEAR THE FIELD OF FIRE, LADY! LEMME DO MY JOB!!

*Desree turned around and it was clear she was so totally lost in the dark side there was no reaching her, glowing eyes, black veins, sunken skin.... She released a blast of Force Lightning at the tank driver before charging off! He ducked down, using the hatch like a shield, and the tank's insulated armor absorbed the blast easily.*

Kara: DESREE ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE?! DID YOU JUST ATTACK EARTHFORCE PERSONNEL?!

*Desree responded to this by taking out her communicator and crushing it, WINGS of crimson lightning blasting from her back as she took flight straight at the eldrazi's main body!*

Candy: What the absolute fuck is she doing?! She can't possibly think....
Edited by Aurondarklord, Dec 30 2017, 12:12 AM.
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Vicky: nononononoNONONONONONONO!
*Vicky teleported directly in Desree's path, holding her trident up in front of her sideways to block the Sith, hoping the sight of an actual friend might get through to her the way a grunt wouldn't*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Ebony puffed her cheeks before letting the breath held in a puff, looking as she rocketed off toward the eldrazi*

Ebony: Puhhh...WELP, this is going well.

*She dropped her arms down by her side when Vicky popped in*

Ebony: Ack, Vicky! She's in a total berserker rage! She's liable to just Hulk right through you!
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Kara: Vicky, break off and get back on target! She's gone totally off the reservation, I think she's trying to....trench run this thing!

*Desree was not stopping, distorting into a red and orange shooting star as her Force Speed kicked in, showing no signs she even noticed Vicky in her way.*

Kara: DAMMIT VICKY GET OUT OF THERE!!

*Kara swung her mass driver around, and if neceessary would actually put a slug close enough to Vicky that the contrail would knock her out of the way before Desree could collide with her, the Sith lady vanishing into the opening in the massive creature's carapace.*

Candy: Shit....

*A few tense moments later, the Eldrazi jerked backwards, its tentacles spasming as it let out a deafening roar, gouts of blue and purple plasma shooting out of holes in its carapace before an enormous blast blew about a quarter of the shell off it, lighting up the sky like a nuke as massive chunks of chitin rained down on the city, crashing through buildings and leaving craters in the street. Desree had actually managed to find a weak spot where one of the artillery pieces had penetrated its shell, and make a Luke-level one in a million shot with a giant charge of ball lightning right through to its brainstem!*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Vicky actually stood (floated) her ground...for a bit, confident Desree would stop, then...*
Vicky: Oh.
*she'd teleport, but it would be so close that Kara's slug contrail would hit her simultaneously and she'd reappear in a spin, completely discombobulated, but luckily(?) having a tree to break her fall, though she'd break a couple of branches on the way down before hitting the pavement noisily*
Vicky: Ow.

*She'd not have any debris rain down on her, but the Spartans would have to raise their shields a bit, while Kash was thunderclapping to break some of it apart as he jumped off the truck. Laura meanwhile jumped off her truck and into a nearby shop to avoid the downpour*
Edited by Stu, Dec 30 2017, 02:39 AM.

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Ebony jumped in surprise when the eldrazi exploded, previously with a resigned "well, there y'go" sort of look.*

Ebony: Holy butts, she Luked it! Uhh..

*Seeing a chunk of chitin spiraling down toward where she and Sakane were, Ebony promptly blurred away with Sakane going off to the side before the piece smashed into the pavement*

Ebony: Today's forecast, 100% chance of chitinous downpour! Gah!

*She veered off when another chunk came down and flattened the news truck they had been on previously, causing an explosion of glass, twisted metal and chunks of asphalt*
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*The massive form of the Eldrazi tilted backwards, plasma and viscera spraying in all directions.*

Kara: Candy, Ebony, docks!

*As its carapace hit the harbor, crushing multiple piers and nearly landing on the white blade, its impact threw up a tidal wave, Candy teleporting to the waterfront and throwing up a telekinetic shield to contain as much of it as she could while Kara blew apart as many of the tentacles and their astral echos as she could before they knocked over buildings or eviscerated crowds flailing around in their death throes.*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Vicky picked herself up and pitched in too, firing large lightning bolts to blow apart as many tentacles as she could*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
Ebony: On it!

*She'd shadowjump from her current location to the harbor, where she'd add her own telekinetic shield to the mix in order to further contain and/or hedge the tidal wave caused by the eldrazi's fall*
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*Vicky might, however, have no way of seeing an astral tentacle that was phasing through the ground straight up at her! Kara turned to shoot it, but a split second too late!*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Vicky would be extending her trident to channel her lightning through, and focusing on that pretty intently, only feeling a chill for the briefest of split seconds before suddenly jerking, her arm going wide in an arc that sent lightning raking diagonally up and to the right before falling down to hit the ground and going out, as she went lip in an instant, her body crumpling into a heap on the ground*

Kash and Laura: VICKY!
*both were sprinting in her direction, but there were a bit of a ways out and would likely be beaten to her by someone else*

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Kara: Shit! SHIT! Get Angie! Or...or or Eva, or...SOMEBODY!

*Candy got goosebumps all over the instant Vicky was hit, like she could sense it happening, immediately teleporting away from the dock to her side. Fortunately, the wave had spent most of its momentum by now and this would mostly result in the harbor getting drenched and some shipping containers tipped over, but it was just not Ebony's day when it came to teammates accidentally dumping bullshit in her face. Candy grabbed Vicky, shaking her and checking for a pulse, starting to telekinetically keep her heart beating to buy her time until somebody with a resurrection got there.*

Candy: Vicky....oh Gods, come on Vicky, no....
Posted Image

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Ebony shuddered almost at the same time Candy got goosebumps, and would have popped off herself had Candy not beat her to the punch, leaving Ebony with a D: face as she was left to manage the tidal wave all by her lonesome, though the silver lining was it had lost most of its momentum by then. Nonetheless, with Candy vamoosed Ebony was left scrambling to minimize damage the weakened wave could cause*

Ebony: Ass-ass-ass-ass-ass-ass~Aaassss! Eva Vicky's down! Halp!

*Eva certainly hadn't been idle during the whole affair with the eldrazi, though had been operating in a different sector of the city. With it down now, though, it wasn't long after Ebony pinged her that the android arrived, teleporting in right next to Vicky in a pale blue flash. She knelt in right next to her, resting one hand on her head and the other on her chest to begin reviving her*

Eva: What happened?! Did she get hit by one of its astral tentacles?
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Kash and Laura arrived at the scene, both watching with some anxiety, Kash clenching his fists, while Laura had clasped her hands together. Vicky would be lying limp in Candy's grasp, her eyes still wide open, but completely unresponsive, including towards the attempted resurrection*

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*Kara slowly descended from her skyscraper perch on her rocket boots, landing next to Candy and Vicky.*

Kara: Undead are down, without a signal from the eldrazi they're just meat. That was a royal mess, but just get Vicky back up and I think we're in the clear.
Posted Image

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Eva knitted her brow in concern*

Eva: ...Something's not right. It's not working.
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Candy: What do you mean it's not working?!

Kara: I have a pretty good idea what's going on here.

*Kara just looked up at the sky and sighed.*

Kara: GIVE HER BACK! I DON'T KNOW WHAT STUPID POINT YOU THINK YOU'RE PROVING HERE, BUT IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY!

*There was no response.*

Kara: IF THERE'S SOME HOOP YOU WANT ME TO JUMP THROUGH, OR SOME JOB YOU'RE TRYING TO TWIST MY ARM INTO DOING....!! .....AURON!!!!

*There was still no response, which was rather unlike Auron.*

Candy: .....I.....I don't think He has her Kara....
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laura: Why...why wouldn't He have her? Doesn't He a claim on her soul of some kind???
Edited by Stu, Dec 30 2017, 07:58 PM.

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
Eva: If she's not in the afterlife then her soul might be trapped, maybe caught up in the tentacle that hit her.

*She pursed her lips*

Eva: Either that, or getting struck by the eldrazi's astral feeler during its death throes put her soul out of phase with this universe...
Edited by Evasto, Dec 30 2017, 07:58 PM.
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Candy: Well then find her! Get her back, fix this!

*Candy hugged onto Vicky's body.*

Candy: This can't be it....there's so much I never said....so much I didn't even know I needed to say....come back....

*Desree, having extricated herself from the innards of the horrific monstrosity, flew down, looking back to...well what passed for normal with her. She didn't seem particularly disturbed by the fact there was purple slime all over her, both of her job descriptions involved being routinely splattered with bodily fluids, after all.*

Desree: What's going on, I felt a disturbance in the....Vicky!!

*Kara just shot her an icy glare and shoved her away when she tried to run to Vicky's side.*

Kara: You're fired.

Desree: What do you mean I'm fired?! I don't work for you, I don't even LIKE you!

Kara: You were totally out of control out there!

Desree: You mean I wasn't in YOUR control!

Kara: No, I mean that you refuse to be a team player, you refuse to stick to a plan, you are a totally unreliable liability and you got one of your squadmates killed!

Desree: I got her killed?! How the fuck....you just want someone to yell at, because YOU'RE the one who shot her out of the air and put her in this position! You're always telling us how you see eeeeverything coming, you're sooooo smart, you can predict what we're all gonna do before we even know we're gonna do it, but I guess the one possibility your omniscient brain couldn't account for was SOMEBODY HAVING A GOOD PLAN WHO WASN'T YOU! BECAUSE IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, I KILLED YOUR FUCKING MONSTER, YOU'RE WELCOME!!

Kara: .....You want a pat on the head Desree? That's it? You wanna be told how good you did? You think this was helping? THIS WAS JUST ONE MORE FUCKUP! IF I WANTED A HOLE THROUGH ITS HEAD, I'D HAVE HAD EVA DO IT! There was a strategy! The goal was to push it out to sea and THEN kill it, to minimize collateral damage and let us tow the corpse away with cargo ships! But no, now there's ten million tons of rotting tentacles spread all over downtown, not to mention a three mile radius that got sprayed with biohazard materials, BECAUSE YOU WERE IMPATIENT! And what if it had fallen in the other direction?! You think I'll believe for a second you were thinking ahead, that you calculated what direction that blast would vent in? YOU GOT BLIND FUCKING LUCKY!

*Kara pulled one of her vindicators and switched it on.*

Kara: I should have done this years ago!

Candy: Hey, HEY!!

*Candy telekinetically blasted Kara and Desree out of each other's faces as Desree drew a lightsaber in response.*

Candy: THAT IS NOT HAPPENING! NOT TODAY, AND NEVER IN VICKY'S NAME, DON'T YOU DARE! Kara! This is not on Desree, there's no way she could possibly have predicted where every stupid tentacle would lash as this thing died. There's just as much chance something like this could have happened no matter where or how it died. You say you're the smartest woman in the world, so stop looking for who's to blame and fix it! And Desree! When it comes to shit like this, the big battles, the apocalyptic monsters, Kara is our field commander, period. This is not the Sith Order, we don't use fights to jockey for position, if you want to be on this team, get with the program.

Kara: I.....fine, get her body into a cryo pod, I'll start looking for a rift, if her soul is out there somewhere, there'll be a trail, an anomaly in space/time where it got knocked through the veil.

*Desree just looked down dejectedly for a minute before quietly walking away.*
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*Kash went up to Kara and quietly put his hands on her shoulders, trying to be reassuring and calming. Laura meanwhile gave Candy a hug*
Laura: It's gonna be alright, hun.

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Eva looked on as Kara and Desree began arguing, about ready to intervene if things went overboard, though Candy intervened ahead of her. Sighing softly through her nose, she took Vicky's body in her arms and stood*

Eva: She won't be gone forever, Candy. I'm sure wherever she went, she'll be found, and be brought back. Mŷ'ā should be able to keep her body in stasis until then.

*She'd let Vicky's body float in the air so she could give Candy a hug, before taking the body back. She'd then walk off a ways before teleporting so her teleportation signature wouldn't have the potential to interfere with Kara's scanning*
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*Candy just whimpered a little, her big fluffy squirrel tail appearing so she could hug it like a security blanket. Kara just reached up, rubbing Kash's hand on her shoulder.*

Kara: I let this happen....joking about superheroes in the middle of a fight, we were distracted, cocky....and now...it's weird that I think about her this way but she's kinda my sister, isn't she?
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Kash: ...yeah. Not so weird, though. Sisters can be at odds at times, but come together when it matters.

*Laura petted the tail a little*

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*Soon Ebony shadowgated in nearby, looking a bit damp. She looked around at everyone looking upset and Vicky being absent and slumped a little*

Ebony: Awh...she couldn't be rezzed?
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
*Candy's tail was very soft...but she was too crestfallen to purr.*

Candy: We're not sure yet....

*Kara's bionic eye lit up and began to ping loudly.*

Kara: Hang on, I have something!

*Kara's holoprojectors put up what looked almost like a star map, but with multiple dimensions layers on top of each other.*

Kara: Vicky's soul was torn through space and....time? That would make sense, there's still chronal instability after the Ellis Wright time storm, that's what drew the eldrazi here, Eva was half right, she's not just out of phase with our universe, she's out of phase with our TIMELINE, that's why we can't detect Vicky's soul, it doesn't exist in our relative present.

Candy: Where....errr....when...is she?

Kara: Her future, well, one possible future, that's as good as I can give you.

Candy: How the hell do we go after her? Eva's bigger on the inside but she's not literally a TARDIS.

Kara: I don't think we NEED a time machine, if there's a rift Vicky went through, then we can follow. If I can lock on, we could punch through the temporal distortion with the Freelancer's slipstream drive.
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laura: It's so weird you have the means to deal with this sorta thing instantly...but yeah, great news!

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
Ebony: -perking up- Well heck, better not dilly-dally then! Don't want that sealing up before we get a chance to get to wherever she is.
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

Aurondarklord
Member Avatar
Zod Kneels Before ME!
[ *  *  * ]
Kara: I should have had the means to prevent it.

*Kara tapped a few buttons on her wrist-mounted keypad, and her cruiser jumped in above them with a deafening BOOM of displaced air.*

Desree: I'm coming too.

*She had cleaned herself off by way of a fire hydrant before returning.*

Kara: Like hell you are. You're benched until I figure out what to do with you.

Desree: I wasn't asking for permission, I'm still somebody in the Empire you know, there's people I can call and have a star destroyer here in half an hour. I'm either coming with you or following on my own.

Candy: Kara...it's probably best if she gets out of town for a bit anyway, Max is gonna be furious when he hears she shot at one of his tanks.

Kara: ....Fine. But you pull another stunt like this, I will shoot you.

Desree: You'll try.
Posted Image

Stu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laura: We might need the firepower, Kara.

Kash: Um, maybe we should leave a message so people know where we're going? MPD at least.

Evasto
Member Avatar
The Bot Stops Here
[ *  *  * ]
*There was a burst of darkness, swirls of it billowing back as Sakane stepped out of it next to Ebony*

Ebony: Probably, yeaah..Don't imagine cell phones would work wherever we're going so we couldn't exactly go and text someone "yeah hey i'm in another dimension right now, brb".
Posted Image

Quote:

a double feature!

2 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Members: Evasto
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Metropolis · Next Topic »
Add Reply

tzb - quality ZetaBoards themes