Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NCAA 2013; Season/tournament
Topic Started: Nov 12 2013, 05:04 PM (436 Views)
vince stravino
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The nephew has a chance to win the Ivy League in a worst-to-first scenario if the Crimson of Harvard can manage a win/tie versus the Quakers of Penn this Saturday.

I think the League title gives them an NCAA berth.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnbuildr
Member Avatar
Advanced member
[ *  *  * ]
vince stravino,Nov 12 2013
08:04 PM
The nephew has a chance to win the Ivy League in a worst-to-first scenario if the Crimson of Harvard can manage a win/tie versus the Quakers of Penn this Saturday.

I think the League title gives them an NCAA berth.

What happened, Vince?!
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

vince stravino
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I grabbed a last second flight only to watch a 0-2 drubbing at the hands of the Quakers. Froze my tail off.

Johnbuildr
Member Avatar
Advanced member
[ *  *  * ]
Double ouch, sorry Vince.

My two teams; Creighton lost to Seattle, first round in a very fdisa[ppointing year for the Blujays.

However, my son's old team, Marquette, remains alive as the Warriors beat Akron in o.t.

TonyDE
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Wikipedia had a pretty good review of the 2013 NCAA Men's Soccer regular season.

And of the NCAA tournament, for the record Notre Dame won their first NCAA soccer title, beating Maryland in the final. Notre Dame had beaten New Mexico in one semifinal while Maryland defeated league rivals Virgina in the other.

hobbes
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It was a surprisingly good year for Canadians and I've been trying to follow the NCAA exploits of guys like Cyle Larin and Kwame Awuah at UConn, Chris Nanco at Syracuse, Jay Champman at Michigan St. and Brody Huitema at Duke...

I'm kind of amazed by how little online/TV coverage there is of NCAA soccer. It was pretty hard to watch these guys play at all even in the NCAA tournament.

cheers,
hobbes
Saskatchewan for the CPL: multis e gentibus vires

Johnbuildr
Member Avatar
Advanced member
[ *  *  * ]
Saw Mich State beat Creighton in a close, very physical game early in the season and they looked very good against a very good Creighton team. I remember thinking, "wow', Big Ten soccer has really improved! (Even though Indianna has always been good)

Chapman, only a soph, had a good year. I know he had an assist to get the Spartans to the elite 8 where they fell 1-2 to the eventual champion Domers.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · College/Youth · Next Topic »
Add Reply