Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player Of The Year
Topic Started: May 21 2010, 06:49 AM (516 Views)
dafyd
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The 2009-2010 Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player Of The Year was awarded to Soony Saad of Dearborn, MI.

He set a state single-season record with 76 goals and also recorded 15 assists in his senior year for the Dearborn High School Pioneers (18-2-2,) and recorded a state-record 172 goals along with 51 assists over his four years of high school.

It's amazing that I've not run across his name before, as I live in the same area (Hazel Park... which is sort of just on the other side of Detroit from Dearborn.) I found the following highlight clip on Youtube, and from what I can see, yeah, this kid's got some potential...

Youtube clip
Leper In A Stange Land
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yogi
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It has been a good week for Arab Americans from Dearborn, first Miss USA, now the H.S. Soccer Player of the Year!

dafyd
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
LOL...

Sorry, Yogi, but in the Metro Detroit area saying "Arab Americans from Dearborn" is almost redundant.

Meanwhile, I made a small post on my blog about it, nothing special, really just copy and pasted what I posted here - except the Youtube clip is embeded. I'm amazed at the number of hits it's created!
Leper In A Stange Land

libero
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yogi,May 21 2010
11:49 AM
It has been a good week for Arab Americans from Dearborn, first Miss USA, now the H.S. Soccer Player of the Year!

i would rather see a video of Rima Fakih than Soony Saad! ;)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery...Params=Itemnr=4

« Previous Topic · College/Youth · Next Topic »
Add Reply