Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Enter the 2018 Southern Fryed Drag Tour here
Topic Started: Dec 31 2017, 07:47 PM (350 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

This is the place to enter the 2016 Southern Fryed Drag Tour. Please place at least 2 but not more than 4 pictures of your drag car here (no on trailer photos) along with the following info;

1. car
2. driver and crew
3. owner/team
4. sponsor info
5. history and etc.

Please post at least one 3/4 front view and one side view of your car shot with a plain white background.

You will have to furnish your quarter mile ET and MPH that you obtain from the following site. This is necessary so that I don't over nor underestimate the potential of your entry.

Calculate your ET and MPH here.

Just input your car's weight and flywheel HP, then hit the calculate button. Your entry will be considered incomplete without this information.

Just build, or substantially rebuild, an entry for the 2016 Southern Fryed Drag tour. The 2018 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour is open to any newly built or rebuilt, purpose built drag racing car or truck. We are hoping for new, purpose built cars this year. Post your "work in progress" in the Drag forum of the Scale Racing Lobby Only completed entries go in replys here.

NO bracket racers nor motorcycles will be accepted this year.

The cut off date for the first race will be February 7, 2018. That will give you 38 days to enter the first race. If you miss that deadline, you will start with the second race. Once entered, you will be entered for the rest of the season.

Our eighth SFDT season will start on Feb. 10, 2018. Feel free to ask any questions.
Edited by wisdonm, Feb 10 2018, 09:41 AM.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My entry for the drag tour is a little A/FD built in the 1970's Pro Comp Eliminator configuration

The driver is Butch Blair and the crewman is Bill Blair

The owner is Don Blair

The sponsor is Blair's Speed Shop in Pasadena, California

A sportsman version of the famous "Fugowie" fuel dragster

given the cars weight of 1100 pounds and the horsepower of 950, the cars ET according to the calculator would be 6.12 and the speed would be 220.94 mph

Posted Image

Posted Image
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok, I'll give this a shot. From beautiful downtown Podunkville, Me, Ol Lefty hisself, has pulled out his very own personal toy from the back of the shop. An original Bill Knafel 62 Pontiac SD 421 Cat. I call it my Rompin' Redskin. It's fun to take on the street and embarrass the young crowd in their Ricers with Fart Can Exhausts. The sound of the 421 with un-corked headers usually sends em home. Now us Podunkville boys don't have any of those top fuel rails and such, we just got stockers and fender flappers.

1962 Pontiac Catalina with lightweight goodies
421SD Pontiac rated at 405 HP but makes 455
3800 Pounds of sled
11.61 ET @116.44
Crew and driver is just me, Lefty. Nobody else wants anything to do with it.
And No, it does not have the swiss cheese chassis.
Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also From Beautiful Podunkville we have the Brennecke Brothers, Curt and Carl, with a 65 Nova AWB entry. After much discussion and arguments between Carl and Curt, it was decided that Gretchen Brennecke will do the driving. They did the reflex test…………you know, where you drop a dollar bill between someones fingers and see if they can catch it? Well, Carl and Curt failed the test three out of three times and Gretchen grabbed it all three times. I figure that is due to her having a Black Belt in Aikido. Ya don't smart mouth that little gal much unless you want yer elbow dislocated or your knee sore for a week. (I don't know that from first hand, but I seen it done)

Owners and Builders Carl and Curt Brennecke
Driver is Gretchen Brennecke
Crew--The usual gang of Podunkville idiots
Sponsor--A Little help from E.R. and fuel from Leonard Leadbetter
1965 Nova AWB
396 injected Chevy--Built up from one out of E.R.'s old milk trucks
2600 pounds
525 HP
9.93 ET
Posted Image
Posted Image
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
Richard Nixon

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A couple more guys that you should know from Podunkville have combined their efforts and turned out an entry this year. Please welcome back Del (Shemp) Hoyt and that Irishman Roy Takahashi. They are really Oldsmobile guys but since they had some trouble getting some parts they put together a 66 nova Junior Stocker for competition.

1966 Nova SS
Driver-Del Hoyt
Owners-Del and Roy
Sponsor--A dealer friend of Del's from the Chicago area
Engine-350 HP 327 prepped by Jenkins Competition
2988 pounds
350 Hp
11.90 ET @ 113.52
Posted Image
Posted Image
Richard Nixon

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I no sooner make the statement "Us Podunkville boys don't have any of those Top Fuel thingies" and Ol Agnes Cudahy Backscheider unlocks her huge warehouse and rolls out a beast. Ok, I was wrong. Agnes says that while racing in Bakersfield back in 1974, she met a really nice drag racer named Anthony and his wife. At the end of the meet, he offered to sell her his top fuel car at a bargain. Agnes bought it and it has remained in her warehouse ever since. She said that in 2003 she contacted Anthony and he sent her some note books with information on the Fueler and tuning specs he used in the day. She told me Anthony passed in 2004. Agnes, with her son Horace as the wrench and Emily as the Driver will enter this beast. I sure hope Emily is up to this. Agnes says they have one spare engine that she purchased from "Big Daddy" in 1981 and will use it if Emily pops the one in the car. Agnes says they have one other rear engine top fuel car she bought from a little gal named Lori back around 1991 but they don't have that one any where near ready to race. Good luck Emily, and DON'T drive like Danica. We don't want to call you the "Queen of Crash".
74-75 Rear engine Top Fuel Digger
Engine--Keith Black Hemi 426 @ 1100 HP
Weight--1200 Pounds
6.00 ET @ 225.37 MPH
Sponsor--Classified (as stated by General Backscheider)
Owner---Agnes Cudahy
Driver--- Emily Cudahy
Crew---- Leonard Leadbetter, Heckpussy LaFlamme, Horace Cudahy and the girls from Emily's SNRA crew

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Richard Nixon

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
New comer this year to the SFDT from Beautiful Downtown Podunkville is Nelson J. Dewey, He is one of the three Attorneys we have in Greater Podunkville and is Part of the Law Firm Dewey, Cheatem and Howe. His crew will be his two partners in crime---er----Law, Will Cheatem and Robert Howe. The Car is a Fiat Altered that Nelson says he got for a "Steal" and the 392 Hemi was pulled from a 1958 Chrysler New Yorker Robert received as payment on a divorce case and modified by Will and a client he gets let out on work detail. The Sponsor is their Law Firm. Their motto is: "Call us, we'll make it legal"
Car: 37 Fiat bodied altered relic
Crew: Will Cheatem and Robert Howe
Engine: Early 392 Chrysler Hemi 525 HP on Leadbetter Fuel
ET: 8.45
MPH: 160.02
Wgt: 1600#

Posted ImagePosted Image
Richard Nixon

Speed Racer 65
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Very new to SFDT.
Newby Mitch Reeves from Reeves Racing, a father, son and grandson race team with Larry being the father, Mitch (me) being the son and my boy Rob being the grandson. Larry has a 63 Biscayne called BisQuick. Rob is studying machining in highschool and makes us parts in class.

Car: 1965 Comet 202 Sedan purchased from a farming friend for $300.

Mechanicals: 302 Ford, After market cast iron heads, Funnel Web intake and a modified Holley 650 double pumper, big cam and flat tops running on pump gas.
Narrowed 9" with 4:56 gears on 11" slicks. Custom build C4 auto with a 3900 stall converter.

Owner: Mitch Reeves

Crew: Larry Reeves, Robert Reeves and sometimes Shane Gossman

Weight: 2590 with driver
HP:330
ET: 11.78
MPH: 119.68

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Mitch Reeves

Speed Racer 65
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Second entry for Reeves Racing. Sour Grapes. The car really puckered up when it was painted a sour pearl purple. Mitch doesn't win a lot of races and that make him sour too...

Driver late substitution Rob Reeves
Car 58 Edsel Pacer
Engine Blown Boss 429
Weight A rather portly 3890 lbs
HP 1000
ET 9.16
MPH 147.52

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Speed Racer 65, Jan 31 2018, 09:12 AM.
Mitch Reeves

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
From the South Plains of the Texas Panhandle comes the 1932 Austin Bantam A/A of Roy Rastetter.

Owned and driven by Roy Rastetter, and crewed by his wife Mary Lou.

The car had a fiberglass Bantam roadster body sitting on a Don Hardy custom built chassis. Ir was powered by a Hilborn injected Stage II Chrysler Hemi producing 550 horsepower. The little car weighed 1485 pounds.

According to the calculator the ET would be 8.11 with a speed of 166.62 mph.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My Gosh everybody! fbr jsm These are great. What a field. I will join you this weekend with a mopar superstock or two.

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Amy's Kandy Krush
Driver: Amy Conn
Crew: Brian Conn ,Chee Chee bug
'32 Ford with a big block Ford short block from back when we where running Modified Street Stock cars back in the early 80's. A fresh set of heads and a Hilborn injection system breathed some fire back into this old engine. According to what the machine shop tells me it's been punched out to 477 cubes which sounds about right considering what we where running as far as big blocks back then in the stock cars.

7.97 E.T
169.80 M.P.H

Posted Image

Posted Image
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Speed Racer 65
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Third entry for Reeves Racing. Bis-Quick. Saved from the crusher one Thursday afternoon while Larry was a the local salvage yard getting some turbo 350 transmission cases to build up. This was the first car in the Reeves Racing line up.

Driver Larry Reeves
Crew Mitch Reeves and Rob Reeves
Car 63 Chevy Biscayne
Engine 350 small block
Weight 3120 lbs
HP 375
ET 12.16
MPH 110.52

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Speed Racer 65, Feb 5 2018, 06:29 PM.
Mitch Reeves

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
At Historic Racing Associates we've always tried to enter two cars each season. In a radical departure from seasons past both our entries this year will be full fendered, albeit of the Funny Car variety. Drivers and crew will be familiar to followers of the SFDT. The Nova Express was completed during the middle of 2017 while the Wild 'Stang is a project we completed the year before. Both cars have been thoroughly gone over to afford us the best possible chance of being competitive once again this year.

Nova Express Altered Wheelbase Funny Car

Entrant: Historic Racing Associates
Driver: Paul D. "Speed Merchant" Smith
Crew: Robert C. "The Professor" Post
Motor: 427 Cu. In. Big Block Chevy "Semi-Hemi"
Weight: 2800 lbs. with driver and fuel
Horsepower: 600 at rear wheels
Best E.T.: 9.73 seconds
Best Trap Speed: 138.5 MPH

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Bernard Kron, Feb 6 2018, 05:52 PM.
Keep on buildin'

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wild 'Stang Flopper Funny Car

Entrant: Historic Racing Associates
Driver: L. Edward "ET" Foot
Crew: Timmy J.
Motor: 429 Cu. In. Ford Boss 429 V8
Weight: 2300 lbs with driver and fuel
Horsepower: 1250 at rear wheels (on 80% Nitro)
Best E.T.: 7.14 seconds
Best Trap Speed: 189.3 MPH

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The "what The----Altered.
2 Former supermodified turned Altered!
wt1525lbs
425 C.I.blown Buick Nailhead,Alki fuel
HP-450-Et-8.75-@154.46mph
Driver Otto Varoom our engine builder
Crew-most of shop crews

Posted Image

A cold December nite after hard day,a warm beer and cold pizza party.
the engine and body shop crew want to Drag!
So to the backshop and lot they went,2 edmonds supers and a donated motor
The "what the ----" Altered was born.with testing,it was found a donated sprint car front wing needed to hold front down!!

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hope this is ok,SDFT 2018 entry from Dirttrack Dave Motorsports will be
1972 Nova SS-Pro stock/superstock.
Driver-Dirttrack Dave
Owner/team-DTD Motorsports
454 C.I.-375hp -et=11.40-mph=117.
Sponsors-self and small amount/Valvoline Oil(Slicko Salaski-rep)

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: gasser_classes_800.jpg (78.43 KB)
Edited by wisdonm, Feb 10 2018, 01:10 PM.

Has a checkered past.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is the AMB Entry
Driven by Dave Chargin Charlie Bayer, Oshkosh, Wis.
Owned by Annette Bayer, AMB Racing
Crew Cheif - Titus LaFontaine
1964 Dodge 330 Aluminum front, Two door Super Stock Sedan
Weighs in at 3450 with driver and 650 horsepower for 10.16 ET and 133.01 indexes calculated.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
The Arizonan has run before in the SFDRA division, but now has new, larger Racemaster rear rubber with bead locks on the wheels to run lower pressures, the Torqueflite was beefed up and a new Ray Barton motor was installed. Overall the car and chassis were cleaned and refurbished, the rear unibody boxed and some safety loops and connectors added along with new shocks, etc.
This is a fabulous field this year, even with all our freshening, it may be tough to keep up. Plus, this is Lafontaine's first drag gig but he's been salivating to get to work.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Had to drag "L'il Nasty" out of the back of the garage and get her back into race ready action. Got me a Willys p/u with a Hilborn injected SBC stroker motor. She weighs in about 2200 and is running 525 hp.

Driver: Rick Johnson
Owner: Bad Dawg Racing
Engine: Elmer Fhartz
Chassis and Fabrication: Odell
E.T.: 9.39
MPH: 143.91

Getting a late start, had some trouble getting Elmer away from building engines for some locals that dabble in the manufacture of illegal adult liquid refreshments. Actually got really lucky cause just after he came out to have a 'business lunch' (Bojangles chicken biscuit and iced tea) with me, Lt Tom with the local constabulary entered his premises and discovered some undelivered product his buddies had stashed in Elmer's basement. Anyway here she is.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Another Rick, Feb 11 2018, 03:36 PM.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply