Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1957 Junior Johnson Ford
Topic Started: Dec 17 2017, 12:19 PM (164 Views)
MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Another beauty, Mark. :)))

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gorgeous, Mark. Always a pleasure to feast my eyes on your work. Are those aftermarket decals or have you achieved some sort of incredible breakthrough in cutting out white lettering?
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard Kron,Dec 17 2017
01:31 PM
Gorgeous, Mark. Always a pleasure to feast my eyes on your work. Are those aftermarket decals or have you achieved some sort of incredible breakthrough in cutting out white lettering?

Thanks, Bernard. I had to match the color paint I used for the car to the background of the decals. The script was way too small to cut out each letter from a black back ground. If you go to the wip of the model at the link below you will see how I did it.
http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=580.15

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard, here are the decal sheets I used on the model. the small 11's and juniors name are on a clear sheet because the roof is white and the others were printed on white sheets.

Posted Image

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, upon closer examination I can just see the edge of the rectangle on the blue background. But it looks like you got the color match virtually dead on and only because of your decal sheet photo was I able to determine your are a mere mortal like the rest of us, LOL. Great job. Like I said, gorgeous model.
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard Kron,Dec 17 2017
05:42 PM
Well, upon closer examination I can just see the edge of the rectangle on the blue background. But it looks like you got the color match virtually dead on and only because of your decal sheet photo was I able to determine your are a mere mortal like the rest of us, LOL. Great job. Like I said, gorgeous model.

Thanks Bernard. There is a sheet available for this car but the contengencies don't look right and the horsepower numbers and mechanics name aren't the right size either so I decided to make my own.

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Beautiful build Mark ......... your work never ceases to amaze me fbr :))) B)
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
old coyote,Dec 18 2017
08:15 AM
Beautiful build Mark ......... your work never ceases to amaze me  fbr  :)))  B)

Thanks, John. I feel the same way about your work.

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wisdonm,Dec 17 2017
12:41 PM
Another beauty, Mark. :)))

Thanks, Wisdonm. I really appreciate the feed back.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You just keep crankn' em out Supertex. You have not posted a single one that I didn't like, they all rock! I love your style, you can put out one snappy looking subject with plenty to look at without all that high dollar photo-etch stuff. Keep doing what you do and I will keep watching. If I can ever get anything out of the box, I'll build something. I am so out of practice my next build might look like a third grader project.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefturns75,Dec 23 2017
06:57 PM
You just keep crankn' em out Supertex.  You have not posted a single one that I didn't like, they all rock!  I love your style, you can put out one snappy looking subject with plenty to look at without all that high dollar photo-etch stuff.  Keep doing what you do and I will keep watching.  If I can ever get anything out of the box, I'll build something.  I am so out of practice my next build might look like a third grader project.

Thanks, George. Can always count on you for great feed back. I'm sure your builds would be awesome if you choose to get back into it.

jpmracing
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
very nice build brvo
PIERRE MICHAUD

check out my other builds
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/jpmracin.../?sort=2&page=1

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
MarkJ,

You just keep on cranking out some beautiful builds Sir. Just fanastic of a Legend of racing

Supergluek5
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the feedback.

« Previous Topic · NASCAR · Next Topic »
Add Reply