Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1939 Ford raced in 1940 by the father of Nascar
Topic Started: Oct 14 2017, 02:39 PM (362 Views)
MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm liking it. B)

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Absolutely brilliant! I look forward to every one of your historic early NASCAR replicas. You have truly mastered this sort of model. Your ambitious and original decal technique is an especially powerful tool.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard Kron,Oct 15 2017
01:13 PM
Absolutely brilliant! I look forward to every one of your historic early NASCAR replicas. You have truly mastered this sort of model. Your ambitious and original decal technique is an especially powerful tool.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Thanks, Bernard for the kind words.

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A :))) fbr jsm
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Beautiful job. fbr
The decals look great, did you make them?
Kevin

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
IAracefan,Oct 19 2017
09:23 PM
Beautiful job.  fbr
The decals look great, did you make them?

Kevin, they are inkjet I made on my computer. Here is what's left of the sheet.

Posted Image

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mark's decal technique is quite unique and lends his models a special character all their own. I've been following his work in this area for more than a year now, and it is very impressive. Without intending to speak for him, as I understand it, based on his explanations on other boards, he prints his decals to white decal paper which allows him to do white lettering. He prints the white letters against a contrasting colored background, in this case black, and then very careful cuts out the decal to eliminate most of the contrasting edge to the white lettering. Then, once the decal is applied, he removes most of any remaining edge using a very sharp #11 blade. It's takes a great deal skill (and intestinal fortitude, LOL) to work directly on the paint surface, but as we can all see, the results are quite something.
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard Kron,Oct 20 2017
12:11 PM
Mark's decal technique is quite unique and lends his models a special character all their own. I've been following his work in this area for more than a year now, and it is very impressive. Without intending to speak for him, as I understand it, based on his explanations on other boards, he prints his decals to white decal paper which allows him to do white lettering. He prints the white letters against a contrasting colored background, in this case black, and then very careful cuts out the decal to eliminate most of the contrasting edge to the white lettering. Then, once the decal is applied, he removes most of any remaining edge using a very sharp #11 blade. It's takes a great deal skill (and intestinal fortitude, LOL) to work directly on the paint surface, but as we can all see, the results are quite something.

Thanks, Bernard. I really appreciate the kind words.

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Iím very impressed with the effort you put into your builds. The accuracy to detail is outstanding.
Kevin

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
IAracefan,Oct 21 2017
07:45 PM
Iím very impressed with the effort you put into your builds. The accuracy to detail is outstanding.

Thanks IA. I really appreciate the reply.

bandit2026
[ * ]
Where did you get the body?

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
bandit2026,Oct 23 2017
06:35 PM
Where did you get the body?

Bandit, its the Revell 40 ford standard coupe kit. I did a lot of scratch building to make parts of the front end look like parts from a 38 ford which the real car had.

Posted Image

If you would like to see how the model came together check the link below
http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_su...1/t/126278.aspx

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
jsm fbr
wnw
:))) :))) :)))
Ed K