Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Results and thoughts on next year in a few days; Been Hospitalized with Complications
Topic Started: Sep 18 2017, 01:59 PM (242 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey all, the commish here. Just Monday afternoon and I arrived home from the hospital. I had the heart ablation last Monday in Milwaukee which was a 6 hour Marathon. Got rid of the afib but the Dr. said he was pleased and not thrilled. I came home on Wednesday, but was back in our local hospital on Friday and and some point, unrelated (but I wasn't getting any better), they are going to have to take out my gallbladder. I was all full of fluid, about 10 lbs which is now gone, and I couldn't breathe well. These things are on the run for now however. So thoughts and prayers are always appreciated, and right back at ya, I know we all have problems.
I'm hoping for a next year. I thought this was pretty fun this year, what I am thinking of for next year is open comp late models, no year limits, v8's with a single 4 or throttle body injection, offset chassis allowed with quick changes, a real run what ya brung, mild to wild, your choice. If there are other ideas, please advise.
Thanks all.
Dave CC B. :))) sm2
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
First things first....recuperating from what you have already been thru and the possibility of surgery related to your Gallbladder are a heck of a lot more pressing than the race at this point...so what's a few more days going to hurt? Speaking of hurting, I may be minus a gallbladder soon myself if things don't straighten out...it's either that or a high Iron count in my liver again. .?.

Your idea for next year is brilliant :))) Should be plenty of cars....Myself, I now have 3 SNRA cars in the racing stables...the 2 from 2015 and this years ride...anyone of them would be legal according to your idea of rules. With that being said, I have an on again, off again dirt Late Model build that I think that I will go ahead and finish up for the 2018 season....but just incase that is not meant to be, I have some back ups. :lol:
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Dave, sending prayers and positive vibes your way, you have been through a lot the year. Better days are ahead I'm sure, just keep plugging away.

I like the idea for next year as well, I think it's time to get to work on an outlaw Camaro!
Kevin

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Chargin' Dave, glad to hear things went well and you are on the mend. Kinda bad luck having your oil pump worked over and finding out your filter is all plugged up. Have the Doc install an Oberg and all that nonsense will clear up. When you get to feeling like you can swing a club again, remember that the best thing for a case of nerves is a case of Scotch. If you don't believe me, just ask Leonard. Good to see you got some chatter started. It was so quiet around here you could hear a caterpillar sneaking across a moss bed in tennis shoes. You get yourself all fixed up and healthy Ol boy, there is still a lot of fun and Podunkville insanity to happen here and I don't have anyone to pick on when you're not around. Best wishes and remember, drink your oval tine, eat all your creamed spinach and you will have more energy than dry oatmeal in a wind storm. Ya'll take care now, Ya hear!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks all! Was going to call you, Lefty, from the Hospital, but just never was up to it, never even hit the laptop, didn't read, pretty bad. Even had a kit Wisdonm provided me with along with tools and adhesives, but I could do no more than crack the top of the box open. Still, here I am. I should have the results tomorrow though not as extensive as normal maybe.
You know, ol Heckpussy LaFlamme stopped in to see me, I guess he had been up here to Wegner Engines and had a minor traffic accident and broke a leg. He was fine though and we had a grand ol time entertaining the nurses with racing stories. What a coincidence though! Just wish he had had Emily or Nixie with him but I don't imagine they want to get within a 10 foot pole's length of him, not sure?

Speaking of Scotch, there is a fifth of Dewar's under my sink just now. Was tempted last night for just a rocks glass to test things, but I think it can wait a couple of days. I've lost around 30 lbs. and not the right way. Around 12 pills both morning and night.

Brian, I feel your pain, hang in there man. With the the real enthusiasts like you and everyone this year plus some newbys drawn by the rules, maybe we will have a big year in spite of everything.

Thanks and blessings from the big guy upstairs to you all.

Dave CC Bayer
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

skunkyg
Member Avatar
SkunkWorks
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow. So much going on and I can't believe life. I know You will get better man!! You should give me a call sometime. I'd love that lol. Life moves so good and bad it's been so hard to keep up !
Much love brother
A little rail rubbing never hurt nobody.!!!!
GOOD OLE BOYS RACING!! FLORIDA DIVISION!

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
PGUP

As always
Your friend
Frank
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

grm1018
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
JUST READ ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU WROTE. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE THINGS YOU ARE GOING THRU. HOPE ALL IS WELL AND EVERYTHING GETS BACK TO NORMAL. WE WERE JUST UP IN CHICAGO A COUPLE MONTHS AGO TO CATCH UP WITH OUR FRIENDS AND TO GO CHEER ON OUR BELOVED CUBBIES. WE HIT A NATIONALS/CUBS GAME. AND ALAS ,I CANNOT STAY AWAY MORE THAN A YEAR W/O A DEEP DISH PIZZA AND AN ITALIAN BEEF OR THREE. FOOD LIKE THAT IS HARD TO PASS UP. rrr wnw P.S. GET BETTER CHARGIN' BYE , GORDY flg2
Gordon

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks to everyone, and Gordy, you got all that right about Chicago. I miss it myself, often. Go Cubbies, we aren't dead yet!!!!!! fbr fbr fbr
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
but just incase that is not meant to be, I have some back ups. Content_2.gif

Yes, Brian. It is meant to be. Modern dirt late model would be within the very few rules! :)))
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chargincharlie6,Oct 19 2017
01:07 PM
but just incase that is not meant to be, I have some back ups. Content_2.gif

Yes, Brian. It is meant to be. Modern dirt late model would be within the very few rules! :)))

....What I meant by it being "meant to be" is whether the racer..err rather if I can get it finished in time....shouldn't be a huge issue as I hope to finish up a W.I.P for next seasons ride. http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lo...showtopic=11120
Been working back and forth on the Mustang II dirt Late Model and the '32 Ford Altered drag car for next season....maybe some progress pictures this weekend...
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OH, I see what you meant! :lol: And yes, I remember the Mustang II* project now! Sure.
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply