Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2018 Souther Fryed Drag Tour?
Topic Started: Aug 31 2017, 10:41 AM (354 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The 2018 Southern Fryed Drag Tour is supposed to start six months from now. Is there any interest? Will this site still be here? The scrolling banner still advertises the results from the 2016 season. It's hard to deal with now, when site management is stuck in the past.

So. is there any interest for a 2018 Southern Fryed Drag Tour? .?.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have been trying to get one ready. Seems like every time I get one issue fixed another one pops up. But that is normal when 75% is scratchbuilt. I have noticed there has not been very much activity anywhere on the site over the past couple months. Maybe with colder weather coming on, builders will get back to the bench.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wisdonm,Aug 31 2017
10:41 AM
............ Is there any interest? Will this site still be here? The scrolling banner still advertises the results from the 2016 season. It's hard to deal with now, when site management is stuck in the past........ .?.

This may not be the proper platform, but since a member of the moderating staff(1:1 pictures)brought it to light.....

Perhaps it's time to clean house of the inactive Administrators and Forum Moderators and bring in members who are active and willing to take on the duties of either an Administrator or Forum Moderator.....case in point...

Several of my builds had ended up in the SHORT TRACKERS ASPHALT forum...I didn't post them there , they simply got moved somehow. I sent an p.m to all of the Forum Moderators who moderate the SHORT TRACKERS DIRT forum as well as the SHORT TRACKERS ASPHALT forum on Aug. 14th 2016 asking if they would please move the builds into the proper forum...from the asphalt forum to the dirt forum.
There where no responses and thus the issue was not resolved. It was not til the P-Bucket issue of late June, early July of this year that forced me to take matters into my own hands and while saving picture links I also moved the builds into the proper forum.

ADMINISTRATORS:
I thoroughly understand about ronr's passing, but there is an Administrator who has not been active on the forums since Sept. 21 2016. which now leaves the Administrator duties with 3 of the original 5 Administrators... Chargincharlie6, krwasson and resin-daddy.

FORUM MODERATORS:
Things are even worse here....these are the people who should be what keeps everything together and running like a well oiled machine....it shouldn't be shouldered by one or two Moderators.
For what ever reason ,in the beginning, it was decided on that ronr would be an Administrator and Moderator as well...he could have moderated from the Admin. position. possibly freeing up a Moderator position...who knows?
There is a Moderator who has not been active since Nov. 12 2013 and another Admin./Moderator who has not been active since Sept. 21 2016 leaving 2 of the original 5 Moderators krwasson and resin-daddy to take care of the moderating duties on the forum.

Perhaps its time to utilize the Global Moderators section of the forums, which has never been used as far as I can tell. Moderators are limited to the board they are assigned to. Global moderators can moderate the whole forum. A Global Moderator has Global powers; less than an admin, but more than a moderator. A moderator can moderate only in their assigned boards...i.e they can edit, lock and move topics.
And yes, I am willing and able to put my money where my mouth is.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, in order:
Wisdonm, I would try to turn out a dragster before the season, I have plenty to build. I am going to make bench time during my PhD dissertation journey, Walden University staff even suggests having an active hobby.

History, Ron R. or Pops was the founder of the forum. I joined about a year and a half after that. The driving force was members that had been kicked off of the Fred's Resin forum in some form or another. Pops designated resindaddy as sort of a co-president of the thing, and technology trouble shooter. He named me as a moderator and then administrator prior to his death because I had run the SNRA so long, and I think he had an inkling he may have been going to meet the Lord soon, but I'm at my saturation point as far as doing much more than I am doing. Jaimie (resindaddy) is Pop's replacement as the head of the forum, as he stepped up to do it and can handle most technological problems. I wish he would change the banner too, and clear out all the photobucket gauge logo thingys. I spoke to him about the banner nearly a year ago. I do not know how to do either of these things and am not sure I can. Even as an administrator, while having access to more areas than regular members or moderators, I don't have access to everything.

Personally, I have had fun with the SNRA this year, maybe more than ever, but really we are only talking 8 different builders in the series, resulting in a minimal amount of posting.

To finish up, Lefty said to let you know Wisdonm, that he would have one and hopefully two cars for the series, Jr. Stocker, with a possibility of another of the Podunkville group, he'd like to see Grethchen Brennecke going up against Ms. Emily.

Brian, I appreciate your offer and am all for it. We all feel the frustration. I'd love to see you step up and I'm sure you can do so by contacting resindaddy. Someone as energetic as you can only help here. I won't lie to anybody though, I am not and will not be available to do more than I am doing now. God Bless Pops for moving me to an administrator and for all he did as a man, however, I didn't ask for the position, I have just done what I could not to let him down. If it would be better for me to simply moderate the SNRA, etc. that is ok by me. But Brian, it is worth a try, if you want to go there that would be great.

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My summer camping season is coming to the end and I ready to get back to my workbench..count me in for the drag tour.
Kevin

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
DtD Motor sports is ready and Otto too. have funny car ready and we're buildin' like mad,hooked on drag cars!Looking forward to season after health and other
problems.Will have to figure out what to run!! :)))

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I'll post more info soon. puter7

Has a checkered past.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi gang!, I'm not great at this,but here's my 2 cents.Remember as we said in model railroading its' fun,no wrong way unless u're modeling a special car or something as is or was.do your thing.I get gruff about You only build dirty race
cars!!that's my thing,I can't paint like a pro real car painter,dirt and mud covers many a flaw.A modeler friend who models award wining tanks said The minute it leaves the garage it's weathered!
Summer comes;there's family time,our race cars,street rods or
just attending races,car shows, health . build when we can and winter will come modeler return!!
We have a great site with very helpful,friendly members willing to help and answer questions to help build better.we all stick together,this to will get better.It's just a slump,we'll beat photo bucket,well beat this!
Well that's my 35 cents!!! sleepy

Old poo has spoken!! 1hrr

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey guys. Less than 4 months to build for the 2018 SFDT.

Has a checkered past.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
With photobucket problems,how,where to send photos to enter and to post to
other sections? .?.
Was on friends computer with windows 10 and photos were back? Is win 7 part of problem? :unsure:

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As I said Dave, it's still almost 4 months away. The entry thread doesn't exist yet. I'll post all the info when we get closer. Build on.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi guys. Only three months left to build and enter your cars for the 2018 Southern Fryed Drag tour. I've seen possible entries from Bernard and Brian, thanks guys. So let's get building and sharing. I'll start the entry thread in January. maddr

Has a checkered past.

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
..Things are moving along quite nicely w/ the Altered build. All I have left, for the most part, is hanging the rear end and decals and it is done. :lol:
Looking forward to the 2018 Drag Racing season.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Don't forget. Only two months left untill the start of the 2018 Southern Fryed Drag Tour.

Has a checkered past.

« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply