Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1963 Rex White Mercury
Topic Started: Aug 21 2017, 04:27 PM (191 Views)
MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Really nice old NASCAR build. fbr I didn't know Rex White drove a Mercury. From the colors I am going to guess a Stroppe built car.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Supertex, I keep looking at these pics and comparing my original 63 merc kit to your mods and durn it old son, you got it going on!!!!! This build should have given a bunch of builders some ideas even if they won't admit it. This whole thing has the flavor of the Don Emmons/Stroppe/Jones build from 54 years ago. ( That build still exists by the way) I love the way you can make a super looker and super clean build without $500 worth of PE parts and 300 foot of tubing and wire. I would vote this one best of show anywhere because of the subject and your building style. For the second time, I am a Supertex Fan. (The first was A.J.) I vote this one Nascar model of the year but heck, nobody ever listens to me. Keep building em, you got the edge.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefturns75,Aug 25 2017
03:14 PM
Supertex, I keep looking at these pics and comparing my original 63 merc kit to your mods and durn it old son, you got it going on!!!!! This build should have given a bunch of builders some ideas even if they won't admit it. This whole thing has the flavor of the Don Emmons/Stroppe/Jones build from 54 years ago. ( That build still exists by the way) I love the way you can make a super looker and super clean build without $500 worth of PE parts and 300 foot of tubing and wire. I would vote this one best of show anywhere because of the subject and your building style. For the second time, I am a Supertex Fan. (The first was A.J.) I vote this one Nascar model of the year but heck, nobody ever listens to me. Keep building em, you got the edge.

Thanks, George. I always appreciate the kind words. I need to tell you though I was looking at that arca car I was going to do and it has way too many decals to make, so I'm going another way. A 1938 Ford coupe. Thanks again.

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice Merc there Mark! wnw
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

« Previous Topic · NASCAR · Next Topic »
Add Reply