Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Step By Step Fotki help
Topic Started: Jul 8 2017, 01:27 PM (94 Views)
Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Be sure and check out the "Tips and How To" section for a step by step Fotki how to on creating an album and saving pictures to uploading pictures to this site. http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lo...showtopic=11123

Here to help you if you need it.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you very much Brian. .z. I discontinued Photobucket a few days ago and they ask for a reason. I said take a wild guess, jerks.

So, the way I understand it, Fotki is still free, obviously works well for you and there are no rumored upcoming problems?

Thank you again.

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is where everything is at right now with Fotki......
The 30 day trial is still FREE

The cost to go add and pop-up free is still as it is

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lo...showtopic=11106

worth the money if you tend to post to forums, blogs, etc etc.

Still an issue with Mac users and the bridge from the Fotki acct. to the web. The is a down load available, PictureSync

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lo...showtopic=11123
(Bottom of the thread)
Lefturns75 advised me that there is a cost associated with downloading PictureSync but he did not elaborate on how much.

According to Fotki's site https://help.fotki.com/414/

"Uploading One Photo at a Time. This method works for any computer, operating system, browser, and is your best solution when all you need is just to upload an image or two."

I have to admit that I am some what confused why this method works great with a Windows system but doesn't with a Mac system...still trying to figure that set up out.

There are no rumors floating about that I have been made aware of reference any happenings with Fotki....my wife Amy stays in the know anything computers and the web and is the first to tell me if anything is happening or getting ready to happen that would have any impact on what we do.

The times, they are a changing....I think that at some point in time soon we will see the demise of free sites that relies on pop-up adds and such due to the vast amount of users employing add and pop up blockers....that was the excuse given by p-bucket that they simply where not making enough revenue...take it for what it is worth.
I don't think that any of the current legit photo sharing sites are going to jack their prices up seeing how one bad decision by p-bucket cause the whole world to turn on them. I do ,how ever, see in the not to distant future that we all ,for the most part, will have to pay to play.....forums will still be forums that's about all....anything beyond that... picture posting,live chats,streaming, videos etc. etc. will be at the forum members expense who chooses to do any thing beyond the text of the thread. With this I would expect, no demand that any sharing of any medium would be a seamless and easy process.

My own personal opinion about all of this with p-bucket......
YOU throw down with one of us, YOU throw down with all of us. mm1
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

« Previous Topic · TOWN HALL · Next Topic »
Add Reply