Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Step by step posting from Fotki; help for the victims of p-bucket
Topic Started: Jul 8 2017, 12:18 PM (161 Views)
Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have been asked to help in explaining how to post from Fotki....this is not an end all be all, but rather how I have been doing it with out fail since I signed up with Fotki.

If your on the fence about Fotki, I would suggest taking advantage of the 30 day FREE trial being offered by Fotki.

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
First you will need to create an album for your pictures....either scroll down and use the control panel on the Left or click on "Create new album" at the bottom Left corner of the page.
Fotki will automatically name it "My first album"

I am going to use my "Fotki step by step" album as an example...
Click on to open the album that you wish to down load from your PC (pictures, files etc.) into.

Over on the control panel on Left click on Add Photos

ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
There are many options on this page...one of them is a click and drag that is not pictured that, as I recall, I had some issues with at first...what I use is the one file at a time...has worked perfectly for me with posting pictures on this website.

Click on Browse ...this takes you back into your computer files where your pictures are kept.

I opened the file that is in pictures from my computer...I then select the file name (picture) that I want to down load into Fotki and click Open
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Once you have selected and opened the file (picture) you now have the option of either Upload and Return to Album or Upload and Add Another Photo....if you make a mistake and chose the wrong upload ,simply click on the album name located just below your Fotki acct.name and it takes you back to the album.

O.K so you have some pictures that you would like to share with the rest of us...here is how you post out of Fotki to this site.

Login...pretty much self explanatory ...do it for both uploading from your computer or downloading...

On this page click on Albums in the Left side control panle...
STAY WELL GREG BIRKY and thanks for being a guest...you are always welcome!

ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I will be using a picture out of the '70 Mustang Coupe Hobby Stock/Sportsman album for my example.
Click on the album title to open the album you wish to down load from.

Click on the picture that you wish to download.

This may not look right , but its what I have been doing and it has been working for me. Click the LOG OUT ..the White paper looking thing with a Blue arrow next to your acct.name in the upper Right hand corner.
Above the picture click on Share.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
In the drop down box click on "More Sharing Options"

Click on "Code For Forums"

Click on "Code For Forums".... If or when the Internet Exploder err I mean Explorer box pops up,click the Red X and close this box out....notice in the highlighted "Code for Forums" the word copied appears just to the Right...go ahead and Right click copy with your mouse as well as a back up....I do it every time.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And here we are here....Right click Paste on the mouse and you have a picture ready to post.

The picture.

If there is a shown interest , I can do a tutorial on sizing(needed for posting on this site), cropping and other photo editing using PhotoScape , a FREE photo editing site.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR MAC USERS...IMPORTANT
Been working with Lefturns75 on getting his acct. to work as it should....he has been getting a "Failed to Copy" message when trying to post a picture....he runs a Mac.
Macs and Windows are different....Mac uses its own operating system and everyone else uses Windows or Linux. For Mac users you will need this program to share pictures from Fotki.

From the Fotki website:https://help.fotki.com/414/

7.5.2 Choosing Upload Method

PictureSync. Perfect for Mac users. Requires OS X 10.3+, and optionally iPhoto 4+ or iView MediaPro 2.6+. You can download it from PictureSync site.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

« Previous Topic · TIPS & HOW TO · Next Topic »
Add Reply