Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SNRA 6 Heidelberg. And now.........; for something completely different.
Topic Started: Jun 24 2017, 09:10 PM (220 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
2017 SNRA Late Model Race #6
Penn Central 50, Heidelberg Speedway, ¼ mile Medium Banked Paved Oval, Heidelberg, PA. June 24, 2017
Temps were down and speeds were up at Western Pennsylvania’s Heidelberg Speedway Saturday afternoon and evening. Carl Ross won the pole in his 63 Plymouth but the cars were all close in time. Skunky turned a quick lap along with Kim Johnson but the surprises of the filed were Homer Shockey’s fourth quick time, placing him on the pole for the feature and Michelle Mrs. D. Desjardins finished out the top 5. Last week’s pole sitter Kevin Sassman simply overpowered the track with his big block 56 Chevy with a heavy push and was forced to start shotgun on the field.
Qualifying
1. Carl Ross Plymouth
2. Skunky Sunter Chevy
3. Kim Johnson Chevy
4. Homer Shockey Chevy
5. Michelle Desjardins Ford
Posted Image Da Bugman, Fast timer, Fast Driver
The Dash was a wild affair as the cars from the second row got to the front and Carl edged out Kim for a close win. The heats also saw some charges from the rear and though Mark Desjardins Sr. won from the front row in heat one, as did Carl Brennecke, in convincing fashion in heat 2. Carl appeared to also have just driven a bit aggressively in qualifying and seemed in fine form, but Skunky seemed to develop some time of loose issue which ultimately cost him in the feature and Wisdonm was fighting a big push condition. Skunky’s wife Molly appeared to go faster and faster, however.
Posted Image Kim Johnson, fast again, and tough luck in the feature again.
Dash
1. Johnson
2. Ross
3. Shockey
4. Skunky
Heat 1
1. Mr. D Desjardins
2. Kevin Sassman
3. Chuck Buel
4. Frank Burval
5. C. Charlie Bayer
6. Bulldog Carman
7. Homer Shockey
8. Skunky Sunter
Heat 2
1. Carl Brennecke
2. Marky Desjardins
3. Mrs. D Desjardins
4. Kim Johnson
5. Carl Ross
6. Molly Sunter Wallace
7. Brian Conn
8. Wisdonm Mueller
Starting lineup for Penn Central 50
Row 1
Shockey – Johnson
Row 2
Skunky – Ross
Row 3
Wisdonm – Conn
Row 4
Carman – Wallace-Sunter
Row 5
Bayer – Burval
Row 6
Buel – Mrs. D
Row 7
Sassman – Marky Desjardins
Row 8
Mr. D – Brennecke
Stanley Cup MVP, Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins dropped the green for the feature and Homer held of Kim Johnson’s 409 on the first lap to lead his first feature lap of the year. On lap two, however, Kim and Carl Ross went around and built up a modest lead. Bulldog Carman clearly had the track dialed in for traction and moved forward as did drivers like Molly, Charlie, Frank, Mr.D and Carl Brennecke who was flying when not caught in traffic.
On lap 18 Wisdonm spun, going down and back up into the backstretch wall coming out of turn two. He did a good job of savinvg h ecar and actually could continue. Most of the cars got through but Don was headed for the wall just as Marky, and Kim Johnson came along and they collided as they missed Don. They two continued but a couple of laps down
When the green came back out (caution laps do not count for races under 100 laps) Bulldog jumped Carl Ross who nearly clipped the wall and was freight trained by most of the field. He pulled out to a short lead over the now second sitting Brian Conn but the track was definitely coming to Frank the Crank and his hard luck Hemi. On lap 34, Skunky left the race trailing a good deal of smoke, victim of a stressed oil pump. The pack reformed with Frank on Bulldog’s bumper and Brian and Homer in the next row. Just behind lurked Molly and Charlie.
When the green flew, Bulldog got out in front of Brian while Frank feinted high and dove low passing both in the third and fourth turns. From there it was Frank and clear sailing for once. Molly continued to handle the Plymouth as if it were on rails, edged past Brian and nearly got to Bulldog at the end, settling for third.
Posted Image
Look out boys, Molly has seems to have figured this out!
Brian who drove a steady smooth race took fourth while Homer Shocky finished fifth. It looked like Charlie might pass Homer in the closing laps but when he pulled alongside for the final time a piece of interior sheet metal from Homer’s car slapped the side of Charlie’s helmet and he decided sixth would be good enough for this race. Carl Brennecke took seventh just ahead of the other Carl, Ross, who had passed back up though the field. Brennecke had a birds eye view of Homer and Charlie and noted that Homer actually tried to grab the metal from thin air as it took flight. After the race, Shockey, Brennecke and Bayer were all seen to be swilling Schlitz and consuming some char grilled knockwurst together shortly after the race. Mr. D defeated Mrs. D for ninth and they rounded out the top 10, should make for an interesting pillow talk once they get home!
Next week brings the biggest race of the year, the Independence Day 300 at famed Louisville Fairgrounds Speedway, the home of many an endurance run starting late afternoon on Monday, July 3 with (more) fireworks to follow the feature.
Posted Image Winner, Frankin Cranklin Burval
Penn Central 50 Results
1. Frank the Crank Burval 3 Plymouth
2. Chris Bulldog Carman 7lf Chevy
3. Molly Wallace Sunter M80 Plymouth
4. Flyin Brian Conn 7 Ford
5. Homer Shockey 6 Chevy
6. Chargin Charlie Bayer 15b Plymouth
7. Carl Brennecke 7ER Ford
8. Carl da Bugman Ross 13 Plymouth
9. Mark Mr. D Desjardins Sr. 19 Ford
10. Michelle Mrs. D Desjardins 3m Ford
11. Kevin Sassman 11 Chevy
12. Chuck Buel 56 Mercury
13. Don Wisdonm Mueller 15 Mercury
14. Marky w9 Desjardins Jr. 17 Chevy
15. Kim Johnson 2 Chevy
16. Skunky Chris Sunter 55 Chevy
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks to my Jazzy Crew and most of all Thanks Dave for trusting me with your Iconic Car! This was a Great Day for all of us! Nobody tell Monk but I stuck my Hubba Bubba on the temp gauge face so I had no clue what my water temp was! ..//.. Shhhhhhh!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well now, I know the story sounds good and makes the main sponsor of the SNRA happy but I know for a bona-fide absolute fact that Carl Brennecke would NEVER hook his lips over a Schitz. He might hold the can but thats it. If its not Warsteiner, Paulaner, Bayreuther, Erdinger or Becks you're out of beer. If you got Homer to sip one, you have done something. He usually won't touch anything but Clam Juice. One thing I know for a fact is that this didn't last long.
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations to Frank Burval on the win :))) fbr ....these big cars make for some quick traffic jams on these bull rings.
Some one came up to me after the races and inquired how the car was running...I told them that there was no real issues with the car rather with working traffic on that small of a track....their concern was that Homer finished right behind me and that something had to be going on with the car....I told them don't sell Homer or that car short, one of these races he is going to really surprise all of us...you can make bank on it.
All this talk of food we should run the Buffet Nationals sometime.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats on the win Frank! fbr fbr fbr
Kevin

skunkyg
Member Avatar
SkunkWorks
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations Frank! Very clean run!!
Great job to all the other racers!
A little rail rubbing never hurt nobody.!!!!
GOOD OLE BOYS RACING!! FLORIDA DIVISION!

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gee Frank, I plumb forgot you won this thing!!! Congrats on being the best aimer. By the way, Myself and the crew here at GHR sends a big thank you for doing some business with us! Stop by the pits next week and enjoy some of Sarah Hockmeister's fine fried chicken. She always sends along a few buckets. Homer told me he has installed a Flambit-Gonkulation system with a Scroggins adjustable inlet valve to his fuel system. I have no idea what the heck that is but he says it gives him 30 extra hp. We'll see next week.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
Richard Nixon

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you everyone! George back when I worked at the Gettin Place, I had to replace the rear stabilizer widget bearing in a Flambit-Gonkulation System but it was missing the ultra rare Scroggins adjustable Inlet valve. It did have the primary slave knuckle Drive with a Hobson rotary nipple! You just don't see those everyday! r:r
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Man, you guys have had some exotic setups. One year I ran a gyrocosmic rosolator, but I had to replace three of them that broke so I finally just gave up. sm2

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep, Dave, we tried one once. We ended up going to the Eludium Q-36 Semi-Electronic, Electromagnetic, Farad Frequency enhancing, High-pass, Impedance Intermodulation , Impedance inductor for Thermal Coefficient Harmonic Velocity Factors. I still to this day don't see how it helped the durn brakes any.
Richard Nixon

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh yes. That was what we ended up going with then and our times actually were about .15 seconds slower on average everywhere we went.
Well, strap em on for 300 laps at Louisville. We'll see how Homer holds up, I may need to get Lafontaine to run the middle laps for me!

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats Frank. fbr

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply