Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SNRA 4 Slinger; We found out what Wisdonm already knew
Topic Started: Jun 3 2017, 07:24 PM (175 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
SNRA Late Model Race #4 2017
West Bend 100, Slinger Super Speedway, ¼ mile ultra-high banked paved quarter mile, Slinger, Wis., June 3, 2017
A major washdown after late afternoon practice and the threat of further late night thunderstorms led the SNRA Late Models onto the 33 degree banks of Slinger for qualifying on a very green track. At the top of the heap was veteran Carl Ross in his 63 426 Wedge powered Plymouth followed to everyone’s “shock” and surprise by Homer Shockey in his 57 Chevy. Homer simply put the pedal to the floor and “the banking did the rest,” he said.
Posted Image It was a darn good night for Homer Shockey.
Marky Desjardins Jr. set himself up for better things with the 3rd fast time followed by Frank the Crank Burval’s Hemi Plymouth who also said the banking had done him a great favor. Molly Wallace Sunter made it three Mopars in the top 5 in a great qualifying effort. Carl Brennecke had a new 302 Cobra motor installed in his Ford but was running on only 6 cylinders during qualifying. It was later found that car owner E. R. in a show of support had changed the plugs before qualifying and crossed two plug leads. Point leader Kim Johnson was first out on the green track and spun during her attempt.
Qualifying
1. Carl Ross Plymouth
2. Homer Shockey Chevy
3. Marky Desjardins Jr. Chevy
4. Frank the Crank Burval Plymouth
5. Molly Wallace-Sunter Plymouth
6. Wisdonm Mueller Mercury
7. Mrs. D Michelle Desjardins Ford
8. Bulldog Carman Chevy
9. Dave CC Bayer Plymouth
10. Skunky Chris Sunter Chevy
11. Keven Sassman Chevy
12. Chuck Buel Mercury
13. Mark Desjardins Sr. Ford
14. Brian Conn Ford
15. Carl Brennecke Ford
16. Kim Johnson Chevy
The inverted fast dash was won by Frank the Crank from the pole with Homer almost pulling of the win in this one as well.
Fast Dash
1. Frank Burval
2. H. Shocky
3. Marky Desjardins
4. Carl Ross
Though the track began to rubber up, sunshine and heat began to mess with handling and the inverted heats did not witness much advancement by some of the faster cars in the back but therewas some passing and excitement in the pack. Brian Conn who had missed the set up a bit in qualifying shot from front row to a huge lead in winning the first heat and Carl Brennecke, with firing order restored, did the same in heat two as the Podunkville crowd drowned out all engine noise at the checkered with their cheering, mostly in German, and that included Charlie’s Hemi.
Posted Image Heat 1 Winner Brian Conn
Heat 1
1. Brian Conn
2. Chuck Buel
3. Kim Johnson
4. Bulldog Carman
5. Wisdom Mueller
6. Skunky Sunter
7. Homer Shockey
8. Frank the Crank Burval
Posted Image Heat Winner - Podunkville, USA, Carl Brennecke at the throttle.
Heat 2
1. Carl Brennecke
2. Kevin Sassman
3. Mark Desjardins Sr.
4. Dave Charlie Bayer
5. Carl Ross
6. Molly Wallace-Sunter
7. Michelle Desjardins
8. Marky Desjardins
Clouds could be seen on the horizon as Aaron Rogers flagged off the 100 lap main event. Frank jumped off the pole and began to stretch out a good lead as Homer and Marky diced side by side for many of the first 15 laps. On lap 21 Kim Johnson ran over a piece of debris which arguably could have been off Homer’s car though he passed through inspection without a worry and hit the wall on the backstretch. She was fine but out for the night. Frank spun the tires on the restart and Carl Brennecke, Wisdonm who had been carving an effective path to the front on the high banks, Charlie and Skunky blew past on the outside as cars stacked up. They had made their way rapidly to the front given Wisdonm’s experience at the track and the way the banking tightened up his big Mercury. Carl Ross simply didn’t get the setup for the warm but green track and stuggled despite being blazingly fast in qualifying and practice and other of the big bangers had trouble. By lap 50 Dave B. and Carl B. began to suffer from the dash to the front and a cracking side by side, door to door battle for the lead and began to slide back but continued the battle between themselves nonetheless. Wisdonm, who had backed on and watched for a bit reassumed the lead but Homer wasn’t losing any speed and neither was Skunky in his similar Chevy. Soon Brian Conn who was running smooth and strong made his way into the brawl and Mrs. D wasn’t far behind her son Marky who was still running quite well. Ultimately Frank worked his way back up to challenge them.
Except for position one which was held by Wisdonm’s former Parnelli Jones Mercury to the Checkers there were side by side battles all around the track. Homer doggedly held the pedal to the metal on the outside and was only nipped by Skunky for second by inches at the line. Skunky said, “Whew,” found Molly and headed for the beer and brats. Homer said he never lifted the entire race except for the caution. Brian who was fast for the whole feature just couldn’t get past the side by side Chevys and Mrs. D. stayed on his bumper with Frank on her bumper. Dave and Carl B. continued their rough, epic, but clean duel through to the end with the Plymouth taking the Ford by a nose. In spite of the mid-pack finish the two allowed as how it was much fun as they’d had in a race car for years, and Dave admitted his heart felt pretty good. They headed off together to the huge Brat Fry Dave’s AMB team was putting on for everyone, as well as the half-barrels of Schlitz! Carl Ross was just behind them to round out the top 10. No one throughout the field went more than a lap down and though they missed the set-up on this night even teammates Chuck Buel and Kevin Sassman were side by side for 12th and 13th.
Next week, the SNRA takes a break before heading to the west coast and a return to the dirt at Historic Ascot Park for the Gavin Evitt Memorial. See you all there.
Posted Image As he predicted, the banking tightened up the Merc and Wisdonm carved his way to the win!
Feature Finish – West Bend 100
1. Wisdonm Mueller 15 64 Mercury
2. Skunky Chris Sunter 55 56 Chevy
3. Homer Shocky 6 57 Chevy
4. Brian Conn 7 59 Ford
5. Mrs. D Michelle Desjardins 56 Ford
6. Marky w9 Desjardins 17 56 Chevy
7. Frank the Crank Burval 3 64 Plymouth
8. Dave Chargin Charlie Bayer 15c Plymouth
9. Carl Brennecke 7ER 65 Ford
10. Carl da Bugman Ross 13 63 Plymouth
11. Molly Wallace-Sunter M80 62 Plymouth
12. Kevin Sassman 11 56 Chevy
13. Chuck Buel 56 61 Mercury
14. Mark Desjarins Sr. 64 Ford
15. Chris Bulldog Carman 7lf 55 Chevy
16. Kim Johnson 2 61 Chevy
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What a day! First time ever I got to yell at E.R. and he took it. I told the Fat, Sausage chewing wino that if he ever touched a GHR car again I would hog tie him and throw him in the pen with Leonards Pig Spaz. His name and products can go on them anywhere he wants em but NO TOUCH! He should stick to milking cows. Not sure I can take another day like this one. Heckpussy LaFlamme was last seen swinging from a light fixture at a local Motel. General Backscheider and his pal "Gordo" arrived at the track with three other black SUV's with tinted windows and big guys in suits. They make me nervous when they stand around and talk into their sleeves. The bus load of Podunkville folks were playing a game called Nuclear Homicide. 12 people sit around a table with a glass of Dave's Schitz beer with a 1/4 oz. of Leonard's liquid. They all kill off a glass every minute until someone falls out of their chair. Then, everyone left stands up, if possible, spins around 10 times and runs for the bus. Winner gets to sit in the seat closest to the restroom on the trip back. Most of the people on the bus work for Leonard at the Research Center and to be honest, I don't think any of them will remember the trip or the race. I would give more details but I have to go and talk with a Police Officer and see if he will release Roy Takahashi into my custody. I am getting too old for this! Lefty.

Oh, by the way. Congrats to the winner!!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations Wisdonm on your win fbr :))) The 1/4 mi. was fun even though it was a traffic jam at times.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Brian. That "no three wide" rule can be a killer.

Thanks for the brats and Schlitz Dave. :))) Had a great time all day.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats to Wisdonm on his win and to all the other winners in the heats and dash

Supergluek5
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats Wisdonm, the big mercy was rolling tonight. fbr
Gotta love Slinger but that place makes me dizzy.
Kevin

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
great field of cars,good racing.real bummer watching from the stands!
but bad health side lined us good.shows john deere green is lucky green for a
racer,nice build brian(making 57 ford liker out of me) the 65 fords(Yes Fords!!)are in corner of shop.maybe next season.
Charlie,what we running next season???can i goof off,or start building?
just finished rebuild of 70's dirt modified(hint hint).
Great job by ya'll( a southern Yankee?),we'll be in the stands rooting
all of you on! :))) rlr

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dirttrackdave,Jun 11 2017
11:40 AM
.....,nice build Brian(making 57 Ford liker out of me) the 65 Fords(Yes Fords!!)are in corner of shop.maybe next season.

Thank you for the compliment...much appreciated .z.

dirttrackdave,Jun 11 2017
11:40 AM
.....Charlie,what are we running next season???can I goof off,or start building?
just finished rebuild of a 70's dirt modified(hint hint).
  :)))  rlr

Yes, I agree, Modifieds would be fun...never built one before. (hint, hint)

ON THE WORK BENCH....

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Brian,
Boy, right now I'm just hoping and praying the Lobby and the SNRA can keep going another year. Staying optomistic and hopeful though, Stock Car Racing is still everywhere, thanks to the Lord. PGUP :)))

I hope I don't disappoint you, but the Summer series has always been Late Models and when there has only been one series it is traditionally late model/sportsmen. We had some successful modified seasons in the fall, but I just can't put in any more time myself.

I think this year is a popular one with the rules and old cars we have, but there are very few new builds even so. So, I'm sure willing to entertain ideas, maybe just wide open, allow fully offset coil over chassis, big blocks, small blocks, sixes, basically anything goes except one four barrel or throttle body injection like Nascar and ASA from about 12 years ago or so? .?.

Or if you just want to goof off thats good too! :lol: I did last year and finished my car for this year on the last day sm2

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've also been thinking a lot about rules like this year only expanding the eligable body styles up though 1970.
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chargincharlie6,Jun 16 2017
02:58 PM
Hey Brian,
Boy, right now I'm just hoping and praying the Lobby and the SNRA can keep going another year. Staying optomistic and hopeful though, Stock Car Racing is still everywhere, thanks to the Lord. PGUP :)))

I hope I don't disappoint you, but the Summer series has always been Late Models and when there has only been one series it is traditionally late model/sportsmen. We had some successful modified seasons in the fall, but I just can't put in any more time myself.
uityuyyu

I think this year is a popular one with the rules and old cars we have, but there are very few new builds even so. So, I'm sure willing to entertain ideas, maybe just wide open, allow fully offset coil over chassis, big blocks, small blocks, sixes, basically anything goes except one four barrel or throttle body injection like Nascar and ASA from about 12 years ago or so? .?.

Or if you just want to goof off thats good too! :lol: I did last year and finished my car for this year on the last day sm2

Dave B.

jhgytg
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Brian,
Boy, right now I'm just hoping and praying the Lobby and the SNRA can keep going another year.  Staying optomistic and hopeful though, Stock Car Racing is still everywhere, thanks to the Lord.  PGUP  :)))

I'm not going anywhere any time soon as long as this stays a decent site...The SNRA has had enough variety over the last few years to make it interesting verses the same 'ol same 'ol year after year. It would appear ,from what I am reading, that there are attempts being made to keep the forthcoming rules with in reason and not biased towards any one particular style....which as a builder I can appreciate.

I hope I don't disappoint you, but the Summer series has always been Late Models and when there has only been one series it is traditionally late model/sportsmen.  We had some successful modified seasons in the fall, but I just can't put in any more time myself.

Naa, don't worry about me. Since I haven't been around since the beginnings of the SNRA there are still parts of it that are "new" to me...this happens to be one of them. Perhaps someone, other than yourself, should step up and commission a Fall series for Modifieds again....series or no series I will build an I.M.C.A type Modified one of these years from back in days when you could still I.D the body style verses the cookie cutter style that they are now.

I think this year is a popular one with the rules and old cars we have, but there are very few new builds even so.  So, I'm sure willing to entertain ideas, maybe just wide open, allow fully offset coil over chassis, big blocks, small blocks, sixes, basically anything goes except one four barrel or throttle body injection like Nascar and ASA from about 12 years ago or so? .?.

I'm not too concerned with whether a build is new or not...trust me,if I had an old build that would have been with in the rules for this season , I would have entered it instead of working against a dead line and having to put a build that I had already started aside.
A run what ya' brung series would be different, that's for sure...that might be enough of an incentive for a builder to go ahead and finish up an already started build thus yielding the new cars that you speak of....I have a couple of builds, that need to be finished, that would be perfect candidates.

Or if you just want to goof off thats good too!  :lol: I did last year and finished my car for this year on the last day sm2

Dave B.

That's kind of where I am at right now....except for everything else around the house that needs my attention that eats up my time and Kansas City Royals Baseball on t.v
ON THE WORK BENCH....

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply