Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMB Racing 2017 Complete; A look at our car and Chief Wrench
Topic Started: May 16 2017, 05:41 PM (127 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Greetings from AMB Racing. Just making it under the gun for the first race, all graphics are now complete and we are pleased to take you for a walk around of our new 64 Hemi Belvedere for the 2017 Season.
Your tour guide will be Titus LaFontaine, our crew chief. He is Chargin Charlie and AMB's adopted son, and has come along at an ever faster clip than Brutus.
Posted Image Hello. I'm Titus.

Posted Image I'm a Pitoxer, half boxer, half pit bull. We work hard around the shop but there is always time for a little play.

Here is the promised underneath shot of our car. We added a drive shaft safety hoop, front engine bracing and adjustable shocks in the front. We use leaves, weight jacks and adjust stagger and tire pressure in the rear, and many of the same things to adjust handling in the front. Up there we have torsion bar suspension which should help us on tighter dirt tracks, even with our big Hemi up there. This is based on heavy duty police parts as well as a front, extra heavy sway bar.
Posted Image We fashioned a 3" stainless steel exhast system with Hooker headers, and 3 1/2 inch real aluminum dumps cut to size with our Sears Craftsman rotary tool to send a good sound to the fans. The crossover pipe joining the two sides of our exhaust together helps the Hemi run smoothly.

Up front we have a Hemi orignally gone though by Maurice Petty that we cleaned took apart, spec'd and cleaned up. We run an 85O Holley Carb for good balance and also a Holly electric fuel pump through insulated line to keep things cooler.
Posted Image
We sealed our low restriction air filter right to the cowl to make sure our Hemi is always geting big gulps of fresh air as it roars down the straightaways. As you can see, we have nice wide, 10" PPP Goodyear blue streak tires on Holman Moody wheels for the pavement. We get a nice big footprint but don't have our tires sticking out too far this way. I'll continue our tour in the next response.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Continuing along, we didn't have all our sponsors and stickers on the car for the first race but we do now. We used Gofer decals for the contingencies, we find them to be of the highest quality, they stick well and are opaque. We hope you all can enjoy a nice Mr. Softee at the races this year!
Posted Image
Posted Image
We used photoetched hoodpins this year, and super sized our fire suppression equipment with a genuine Moon turned aluminum tank from Arrowhead and Firebottle nozzles.
We also put in a brand new photoetched hardware harness and anchoring points for our harness with new photoetched buckles and belt keepers from detail master. Our electrical wiring is bulk from the old Radio Shack store.
The cage is a Nichels design, obtained from Petty's Garage and my dad Charlie and I updated it for safety with 4 side bars and gussets on the drivers side, extra bars on the passenger side and steel plating outside the cage on both sides. We also cut away the inner fenders and built full bracing and a safety cage around the engine.
Posted Image
Posted Image My daddy painted and lettered our car. He was able to flare our front fenders a bit and we radiused all of them for clearance and so the fenders won't get pressed against the tires in a race in the event of a little contact. He used Testors one coat lacquer for the basic respray of the body and One-Shot signpainters paint. We are proud of our car and hope you will be able to see it it run up front at the the tracks this season! :))) We are also always happy to have you visit our shop!

Titus D. LaFontaine, Crew Chief AMB Racing
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the tour Titus, that is one sharp looking Mopar. I love all the small details, and the guy with the paint brush does outstanding hand lettering. Be sure to hang on to him.
fbr fbr :))) :)))
Kevin

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Slick pipes there Dave! Looks like you have some cutouts to wake up,the neighbors! GREAT build!

As Always, your pal
Frank the CRANK
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply