Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WIP AMB '17 SNRA Plymouth; 64 Plymouth almost there
Topic Started: Apr 22 2017, 09:04 PM (155 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi all. Well, Titus, me, and an English guy, Edd China from Wheeler Dealers have been hard at it on the SNRA '64 Plymouth for this season. The basic chassis is completely done and painted, the cage came from an old stash of Nichels Engineering NOS parts at Petty's Garage. We built up our front subframe ourselves from a blueprint Holman Moody used when putting together the Penske Matadors:
Posted Image
Posted Image

As to body panels, we tacked them up for fit and wheel clearance and decided to paint the whole thing as a unit. Front fenders are slightly flared and radiused and the rears are radiused. We will add the stainless back onto the greeenhouse, but the body will otherwise remain unchromed. The body will have some striping painted on yet and some hand lettering.
Posted Image

Titus and Edd machined the heads and have our original cast iron hemi and A 990 4 speed together. We painted it in shop 60's style, thus the valve covers are orange too, but we will clean up the transmission case and scattershield back to bare metal.
Posted Image

All other parts are cleaned, painted and ready for installation and detailing.

So, we hope you enjoy this, are progressing even farther on your own cars, and will keep you posted on our progress.

Dave, Annette, Titus and Edd.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yer getting close. That should be a right nice looking Plymouth when you get it all trimmed out. The GHR plymouth is not much closer than the last pics. I took a stand with Big E.R. and our second car is not a Chrysler brand. And no, its not a Chevrolet or Ford. I went totally out of the box and the crew and I are getting a '63 Avanti prepped for this years war. Why you ask? Well, it fits the years, it was NOT a pony car, it was listed and called a Luxury Sport Coupe and could be had with disc brakes on all fours. Its almost 1000 pounds lighter than the competition. Curb weight on a factory stock example was 3095# and in race trim should scale out under 3000. We call it, "Due Cento, full circle". I'll post pics as we get more done. Carl loves it.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefty, I figured you'd have one of the Brennecke's behind that sporty job. I always wondered why we didn't see Avantis, seemed like the perfect design for the time, that is on circle tracks. I know there was at least the one at Bnneville in the 60's. Around here, circa 1969 or 1970 Dave Deppe built a 64 Comet late model that Johnny McNamara, a legend at the Dells, drove for him. At the time, the hot ticket were Torino's, Reffner had one, Tricke of course had one, Rich Sommers, there were many others and people asked why the 64 Comet. Johnny just smiled and said "measure the wheelbase". Nuff said there.
Eager to see the Plymouth and the Avanti a bit farther in. I'm hoping to have the '64 up on its wheels permanently by next weekend.
Dave
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"MEASURE THE WHEELBASE" Hahahahaha! Yes Sir, sounds like my kind of car builder!!!! Dave, you have made reference to the Podunkville/Brennecke girls a few times so this is just for you. A new face in the pits this year is this gal, Nixie Kohler. She is Gretchen Brennecke's sister. Enjoy.
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply