Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 07:29 AM (175 Views)
dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
did any one have problems signing in? took 6 tries today,once or twice i had to do 2x tries,problems was monster fingers!! First time for multi tries even with remember me feature. mpc .?.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No issues here...here is the set up that has been working for me in the log in
page....

Please enter your details below to log in

Please enter your name Brian Conn
Please enter your password XXXXXXXXXX

Options

Remember me?
If enabled, you will be automatically logged in again when you visit.
This is not recommended for shared computers.

Yes X

No
Check the above function as YES even though it does not automatically log you in...it's o.k to do this.

Privacy, do you want to appear on the active users list?
Don't add me to the active users list
Do not check the box for "Don't add me to the active users list"

If you are already doing this, then the issue more than likely, is on your end.

ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Brian,guess these used dells from flea market dealer only last about
3 yrs. fgure time for new one. QVC had nice 17" laptop with 12 gb ram and
1TB of disc. plus goodies I'd never use for 699.oo on 6mo payments 1200 dollar
unit at Best Buy. :unsure:

Great looking late mod at your shop.Was going with early mopar,but so is every
one else.All mine fords and chevies,too new.Excuse to find a 55 model! mm1

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Dirttrack Dave:
Two things, I have had some trouble logging on too, over the last couple days off and on. I simply have a bookmark with my name and password saved, so I just need to do it 4 or 5 times and it goes though. It appears to be a network problem. Kind of bugs me too, but only takes a minute or two.
Two, before buying new, look at Walmart. They have a ton of refurbished towers, all brands, that are certified by refurbishing companies with new serial numbers etc. The company doing mine was Joysystems and they offer tech support too. I just got a refurbished Dell Optiflex 760 with a whole 1 TG of memory which is a lot, and Windows 7 for about $130. They also have 10 available in many models but I like 7. You can buy an inexpensive warranty with it, and it looks and operates like new. Very, very fast. My 12 year old Dell finally gave up the ghost, and I had Geeks on site come, but you don't need that, the guy put me on to the Walmart deal rather than try to sell me a new computer which he could have done. You'll also find they include a new power cord, keyboard and mouse. You can get more expensive ones if you want to do more big time stuff or need even more memory, but my new one is well beyond anything I could possibly need at home and as you know, I'm doing my PhD program on line. I highly recommend this. Just check Walmart's site on line, order, they have free shipping and you will get it within a week. I'm not a fan of big, monolithic, eat everything in its path Wally world, but in this case, they offer a solid deal everyone should consider before buying new.
Dave B.
PS As with any new computer, save all the files you still want, Doc's, pics, etc. onto a thumb or zip drive from the old one, then just plug it into the new one and dump them all back in. You'll have to re-add your programs like office word, photobucket, firefox, ie, chrome, whatever, facebook, java, your antivirus software, etc.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
THANKS DOCTOR CHARLIE,REALLY WOULD LIKE ANOTHER TABLE TOP,BUT SPOILED BY LAP TOP.WILL SURELY CHECK WITH THE BIG k,GOOD TO KNOW.ALSO like#7,had new laptop from HSN top of line,great unit but not touch screen,hated it so return it.
Part of problem is short in ac/charge cord.
You will receive a large package with computors,new smart phone,and universal remotes,Doctor heal my stuff!! ..//.. ..//..

.z.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You guys should forget all that microsoft and windows crap and get a MAC. I never have the problems you windows guys talk about. Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ugh. Don't send them to me, :P remember I'm the one that had to call the Geeks. They just gave good advice! :lol:
My daughter swears by Macs, and I have nothing against them, she was a graphic arts major and it was great for her. This was just what I learned on, and this was a good fix. Plus, I think you can get refurbished lap tops too. Its funny how many different preferences there are out there, I guess I just lived in my own little world, but it worked great before and is working great again. I've often thought about a Mac but never got to the point where I felt like I was bad enough off I wanted to try to switch. I believe Walmart has refurbished Macs as well though for Mac people and those who want to switch. It is so much cheaper, it is worth taking the 10-15 minutes to look into.
Dave B.

Oh, and I'm going with a late Mope for our series this year, 64 and was thinking of a 65. Of course I was also thinking of a '55 300 too, it was just too big. LOL. Seriously I was worried about wall to wall 57 Chevy series to start with, but I don't think we will be dominated by Chrysler products either. I think those building them are more talkative and build earlier. I'll bet we still end up with mostly tri 5 Chevies. Wish there were more Fords, Brian is doing his best. If we do have more Mopes, then that is what Model car building is all about, because there sure weren't very many of them in this or any other time frame at the local level in real, real life!
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just lost my then 12 yr old Dell last Nov.....had a local guy I know rebuild it, installing a Linux system.....downside is any program/disc/whatever will most likely not work with Linux, so that is not good....but since I lost everything when the CPU died, taking the motherboard, etc with it.....
Some of the instructors I had at ITT Tech back in the early 2000's absolutely HATED Windows.....and IIRC, they were not overly fond of MAC.....But they loved the Linux operating system.......it's faster, more secure from "bugs" .....
What they really hated about Windows, was that everytime they come out with the next version, it is just adding things to the previous version and not starting from scratch......meaning the more chances of issues with each new upgrade....
But since 99.9% of businesses and personal PC's use Windows, not much can be done, as Windows is not compatible with any other operating system, even between various versions of Windows....once you use a newer version of Windows, it will NOT work the other way.....

The down side for me, is learning the free office system that was installed, as in it is not as sophisticated as even Word Perfect....such is life.....
Ed K

« Previous Topic · TOWN HALL · Next Topic »
Add Reply