Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Datona 500; boring?
Topic Started: Feb 27 2017, 12:29 PM (201 Views)
dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Was it just me,or did any one find it most boing race ever?? losing interest
in .NASCAR races,unless it's Martinsville or Dover.Races in 60-70's held your interest.Now it's maybe first 20laps and last 20. Now just a long enduro race.
Thank got for local short tracks,3hrs of 4 classes.close door handle to door handle racing.No 20 car pile-ups because of stupid moves or it makes good tv.
The drag racing that followed was more exciting!! R.I.P. NASCAR ! :o mm1

I feel better now,even better next weekend at race show.Thanks for letting me vent!!back to building my modifieds and late models sepu
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that's why a lot of us are here, though we don't preclude Nascar builds we can focus on actual stock car racing here at least in our mind's eye! lol
I think cup has gotton boring Dave, never appreciated the playoff thing, and while I don't know if yesterday was boring I watch for the excitement of wheel to wheel racing, not wrecks. The entire speedweeks, even ARCA was a disaster that way, every time a crash happens everyone is back to square one and all the strategy used before goes out the window. How everyone ran out of gas is beyond me, too. While it is nearly impossible to get really hurt in one of these cars nowadays, you still just never know, and that isn't the type of thing my old ticker needs to go through 5 times a race as I wait to see for sure that no one has been seriously injured or killed.
I am with you 100% even though that is just mho.

Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Today's Nascar racing has become such a joke I don't even to bother watching anymore. From a youth up to the chase format to crown a champion I never missed a race either on MRN radio or TV. The powers in charge have really turned off the fan base with all the gimmicks. RIP Nascrap!!!!!

Supergluek5
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel pretty much the same as the rest of you. I might watch two races a year, maybe. I kinda think that if Big Bill France was still around, he would have Brian France by the neck and kick a lung out of him. Then, mop the floor with Mike Helton and then beat him up a little for leaving a waxy buildup. Thats just my opinion which don't count for much.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
.....I was one of those that missed very few televised NASCAR races prior to the advent of the VCR and then it was tape everything that I could....long about the late 90's my excitement towards NASCAR started to wane and my disenfranchisement grew ...FORD's decision to quit producing the T-Bird was the death blow for me mm1 ....I never could get excited about a four door (the Taurus) being the car to represent Ford in NASCAR. I really thought that I would never see the day that 4 doors and Toyotas would be competing under the NASCAR banner, guess I was wrong.
I have not seen a NASCAR race since the inaugural race at the Kansas Speedway back in the early 2000's....had I not won tickets I probably would have stayed home.

With all of the comments already posted,I must ask....did we abandon NASCAR or did NASCAR abandon us? :unsure:
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Wow,what did I start?Just had to vent.I know there was a time and a few
uniformed still look for crashes.But if you ever been on both sides of the
fence,you don't want a friend(even some rivals were fiends),hurt we became weekend family.Plus a crash was a week long repair or rebuild or injury.
Was amazed last year,went to see The big block mods at Rollin'Wheels,local track i race at in 70's they guys set new track record 110 down the straight!! We said the night Sammy Reakes (451) set one for 100mph in 70's
modifieds have 15 to 18" tires sticking ot on all 4"s.60 laps,110 on straight,slight wheel rubbing(great sparks!!) NO YELLOW.Come home watch Smashcar 2-3 multi car pile up!some times you just have to give a little,get it back later.That's why SNRL tour great,now have Multi car stable!!!

Promodmerc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Brian Conn,Feb 27 2017
09:33 PM
.....I was one of those that missed very few televised NASCAR races prior to the advent of the VCR and then it was tape everything that I could....long about the late 90's my excitement towards NASCAR started to wane and my disenfranchisement grew ...FORD's decision to quit producing the T-Bird was the death blow for me mm1 ....I never could get excited about a four door (the Taurus) being the car to represent Ford in NASCAR.  I really thought that I would never see the day that 4 doors and Toyotas would be competing under the NASCAR banner, guess I was wrong.
  I have not seen a NASCAR race since the inaugural race at the Kansas Speedway back in the early 2000's....had I not won tickets I probably would have stayed home.

With all of the comments already posted,I must ask....did we abandon NASCAR or did NASCAR abandon us?    :unsure:

I would say NASCAR abandoned us. COT, Toyota, "the chase", every car looking exactly the same.

And unfortunately, NHRA is somewhat following suit. They killed Pro-Stock beginning this year, with rev limiters, no more carbs & tunnel rams, no more scoops. None of the cars look anything like what rolled off the assembly line.

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For me, NASCAR died when Bill France, Jr. handed the reigns over to his son....who either doesn't know the history of NASCAR or doesn't care about its past....

However, I think NASCAR started going downhill after losing Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

IMO I think Bill France, Jr. listened to what Sr. had to say...

And now that both of them are gone, now many years does NAPCAR have left....

Another thing that is irritating.....far toooooooooo many talking heads for the TV broadcasts. Have people who UNDERSTAND the sport, not some ex-driver trying to keep his name out there....

Same reason I don't like watching baseball on network/ESPN.....TOOOOOOOOO many talking heads talking about everything EXCEPT the game!!!!
They need to find someone like Vin Scully to do SOLO broadcasts of the games without anyone else in the booth, and no other "talking heads" with reports from whatever from the game.....

and people I know in my small home town think I'm crazy in not having cable or satellite hookup for TV....
I sure don't miss the lousy programming on TV....2 minutes of program for 6 minutes of commercials.....of which (to me) is 90% pharmaceutical crap....that's why meds are so high priced....

I'll get off my soapbox now...... roll roll
Ed K

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi ED,I agree with you and all of you.But all we can do is gripe.Up in Syracuse,n.y.were in center of 2 -3doz dirt and a couple of asphalt tracks,some with famous histories.But only sport the tv stations report is
Syracuse U. Orange football,basketball,soccer, and kurt bush won Daytona 500
to which one of apartment residents grandson asked what foot race was that??
Showed him race car models,and photos and will take him to race show next
weekend and some races this season.Think I found a new model builder!
Don't get me started on cable! Guessed we killed those dead horses!!!

Wonder what they would do with dads winnings of 1 case of oil,bucket fried chix,and 35 dollars!! ..//

support your local track,well we can afs

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For the most part, one of the best things I like about having moved back to my small home town in Northern IA is the support most of the tracks have in the community in which the tracks are located. Not to mention some of the tracks are actually within city limits and are not required to run mufflers, (thank goodness for ear plugs....my old ears cannot handle the once favorite unmuffled race car exhausts). While car counts can always be an issue, attendance is for the most part, decent, though back in the late '60's/early 70's, there was good attendance then and in some cases, some of the tracks have about the same attendance today....
And race coverage does find its way into the local newspapers....
Sadly, Calif. is just the opposite.
Don't have an exact number of tracks in CA that have come and gone over the years......Most are forced closed by neighbors complaining of the noise....that's all I'm going to say on CA race tracks......
Ed K

« Previous Topic · TOWN HALL · Next Topic »
Add Reply