Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 SNRA Schedule Early/Late Models; Wait 'til you see what's in store
Topic Started: Feb 21 2017, 10:12 PM (554 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
2017 SNRA Schlitz (Early) Late Model Schedule

This year will see more dirt, many new tracks, some different race formats including heats and dashes at some venues, and well, I hope you enjoy it all with our vintage late models this year!

1. May 13. Atlanta 100. Lakewood Speedway (the entire infield is a lake!) 1 mile shallow banked dirt oval, Atlanta, Ga.

2. May 20. Tri Cities 50, with heats and dash. Peoria Speedway, 1/3 mile high banked clay oval, Peoria, Il.

3. May 28, Memorial Day Weekend. Vintage Late Model National Short Track Nationals, 150 lap feature with dash and heats. Rockford Speedway, 1/4 mile high banked asphalt oval, Loves Park, Il.

4. June 3, West Bend 100. Slinger Super Speedway, world's fastest 1/4 mile. 1/4 mile high banked asphalt oval. Slinger, Wi.

5. June 17, Evitt Memorial 50. with heats and dash. Ascot Park Speedway, 1/4 mile flat dirt oval, Los Angeles, Ca.

6. June 24, Penn Central 50, with heats and dash. Heidelberg Speedway, 1/4 mile medium banked paved oval, Heidelberg, Pa.

7. July 3, Independence Day 300, Louisville Fairgrounds Speedway, 1/2 mile shallow banked oval, Louisville Ky.

8. July 15, Petty's Garage 50, with heats and dash. Tar Heel Speedway, 1/4 mile medium banked dirt oval, Randleman, NC.

9. July 22, Norfolk 50, with heats and dash. Norfolk Speedway, 1/4 mile medium banked dirt oval, Norfolk, Va.

10. July 29, Iron Bowl 50, with heats and dash. The Iron Bowl, 1/3 mile med. banked dirt oval, Birmingham, Al.

11. August 5, Chicago Cubs 109, Soldier Field, 1/4 mile flat paved oval, Chicago, Il.

12. August 19, Long Island 100, Islip Speedway, 1/5 mile shallow banked paved oval, Islip, Long Island, NY.

13. Sept. 2, Labor Day, Fred Bayer Memorial 50, with heats and dash, 1/2 mile medium banked clay oval, Santa Fe Speedway, Willow Springs, Il.

14. Sept. 9, Hodges Royston Memorial 100, Gamecock Speedway, 1/4 mile dirt oval, Sumpter, SC.

15. Sept. 16, Championship 200, Hickory Speedway, 3/8 mile paved medium banked oval, Hickory, NC. With qualifying races, Race of Champions if feasible.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Whoo Hooo. Slinger Speedway. fant
My favorite short track to spectate. Only ran there once. Finished 2nd. You sure I can't run my 60th anniversary tribute Hummer?
Posted Image

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Wow!,I'm tired just reading it.Lease the PA> race only few hours from shop
and can sleeo in own bed.Some how we have 2 fords ready? i'm a chevy man,but they have 427ci mills.Was the 351 cleveland out that period?Better get cranking on the chevelles! maddr jsm

A Hummer pace car,neat!! jsm

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I'm certainly loving all of this! fbr I almost forgot, Slinger is literally in Wisdonm's back yard!

Dave, I googled the Cleveland, and remarkably, my memory was good, I just can't remember stuff from yesterday! :unsure: The Cleveland could have barely made it into this era and though the occasional small block was seen and would surely be legal, most used 427's be they Chevies or Fords. Hemi's and Mopars in general were rare at the local level, though common in the traveling series like USAC, ARCA and IMCA. Manufacture of the Cleveland was from the 1970 through 1974 model years. It would have been introduced in late 1969 and as such you could run one. Our year limit for bodies is 55 through 65, with the mind's eye picture of racing in the mid to late 60's being our theme. On the central Wisconsin circuit, our type of car here and its heyday would have still run through the 71 season; pony cars were allowed starting in 1972. So, really to keep in the spirit of things, the style of cars and era we are interested in would have run through the 71 season. Thus it would have been physically possible to go with a Cleveland at the tail end of our era, it would be a good choice for both the short and long tracks.

Dave CC Bayer
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Not a pace car Dave. It's a figure 8 racer. You've never seen figure 8 racing with 33 degree banking before? Slinger has it all.

Posted Image

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
jsm. From Atlanta to Illinois to Wisconsin to LA, then back to Pennsylvania...good thing me and Brother Dave (my chief mechanic) and my Pappy LeeRoy all somewhat get along. The cab of our toy toter is gonna get mighty small before we get back to the east coast! It's gonna be a good year, Tater!
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi,Charlie! thanks for info on 351,thought it would be to new.Our rules changed in 1968 dropped 49t060's cars.too bad had a couple of guys with 49fords/flat heads terrors. 1968 to present rules stood till '75.
Waterloo and Weedsport here ran a mixed bag in 67 to 70's we had coupes,sedans,49 to 60's cars with 6cyl,flatheads(won last late mod race there).Every track had diff names for class,Bomers,Chargers,limited late mods,etc.Got cheaper to move up to small block modified,pay better an cars were easy be made to regular mod.

Those were the Days!! 1hrr

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep Under, a lot of travel this year. The crew here at GHR have been invited to travel with Miss Emily and Agnes in General A.S. Backscheider's C-5 or Starlifter. He seems to be able to appropriate either one while not on one of his covert missions making the U.S. a better place and saving the world. He is a little rough around the edges and yells a lot but hey, it sure will save some wear and tear on the hauler. I kinda feel sorry for Homer, he tows his mess with a 53 Ford Pickup and home-made trailer. Good luck to you this year!!!!!!!!!!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Lefty, I'm a little.....no, A LOT envious of the GHR crew, especially to be traveling with company like Miss Emily. Ole Pappy LeeRoy gets loud and cranky at times, too, and he's not even a vet! I don't know about riding in a plane, though...in the Bible, the Lord said, "LO, I am with you always..." Six Feet Under has an old cabover flatbed Ford with a sleeper and a case of Lysol for the funk.

After a couple of weeks in the cab of the truck, we may be casting lots to ride in the car on the back of the truck!

Good luck to you too, Brother Lefty...and to all our fellow competitors! :)))

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Under, I am one that always felt that if God had meant for man to fly, he would buy the tickets. Since the Star-Lifter is a free trip AND I have never heard about that many Government Lifters going into the ground like a friggin' dart, I guess I will be safe enough. The plane wouldn't DARE go down with General Backscheider on board!!! He just wouldn't allow it. Best part is, I get to travel with Miss Emily along with Gretchen and Hildabrant Brennecke. Those gals are just down right easy to look at.

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Man, Lefty...sounds like the scenery will be awesome to take in rrr ! I'm afraid me running after some pretty little thing would rank right up there with a Chihuahua chasing a school bus: ain't no chance in Hades I'd ever catch it, and even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with it!

Guess I'll keep my eyes on this Ole ugly Plymouth...I sure would hate to spend my money on race cars AND alimony!

But tell them the new guy says "hi" anyways.... devil

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Heck Undertaker, I'm too old fer that Chasin' stuff. Them girls is taken anyway and besides, I was married once, I think……………Best I remember it was like I died and went to the wrong place. The only female I put up with now is the cat that thinks it owns my home. At my age that is all I am willing to put up with. Now I won't say I don't look, shucks, I'm a normal type guy. Any guy that don't take a second and maybe third look at them gals has got to have a lot of air between his ears. Now if those gals put on some of those tiny swim suits, I might break out in a sweat. If that should happen all I have to do is look at this ugly Plymouth I am building. That will knock the wind out of anybody.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds like lot of teams going ole school on tow rigs as well as racers.
Oh boy,that means sleeping in back of pickem-up or wagon and eating lot of
balony and hot dogs!! Aw the good old daze! r:r fant

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yessir DTD! Tube steak and a cold drank! The gourmet meal of budget racers nationwide! hotd

(I've been dying to find a use for that icon!)

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dirttrackdave,Feb 24 2017
10:56 AM

Sounds like lot of teams going ole school on tow rigs as well as racers......

....Been looking at an older , one owner hauler my self r:r

Posted Image

ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Brian,looks great,is it a 37 ford??Hope you try to model it.you will be the one to do it!Looks like a rig seen in 60,s differant from all fords and chevies of the time.Hmm possible future build?? B)

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's a great lineup of tracks, I'm liking the 4 short trips from Iowa to Illinois, and the trip to Wisconsin for the Slinger race. Can't wait for spring to get here!
jump
Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

dirttrackdave,Feb 25 2017
08:01 PM
Brian,looks great,is it a 37 ford??Hope you try to model it.you will be the one to do it!Looks like a rig seen in 60,s differant from all fords and chevies of the time.Hmm possible future build?? B)

THANKS for your vote of confidence .z. ....I would not know where to begin with that one...I have no idea what kind of truck that is...the last truck I built was 37 years ago.

ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Brian don't know if it's a ford!!looks like 37 may try to build using 37 kit.
Race Car is surely a Chebby!!!! ..//..

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok, I found it on the old interweb. The car is an Offy and the hauler is a Diamond T.
http://winfield.50megs.com/BigCars1930s_fi...OffyWebPage.htm
Scroll down on the left side a few pictures. I didn't read the article, just looked at the pictures. shoo
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Great find Rick' there's 40.000(20.000 ec)setting there.Hi class team for time.Custom built Diamond T truck with sleeper,unusual for time,driver is Joie Chitwood,Owner Hank O'day and crew. Must read page,find out why car repossed by sherff after DesMoines fair ground race!! Those were real men.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
wisdonm,Feb 22 2017
04:43 PM
Not a pace car Dave. It's a figure 8 racer. You've never seen figure 8 racing with 33 degree banking before? Slinger has it all.

Posted Image

Saw figure 8 races from that track on youtube.wild racing,like to try!
great vintage,and up to date videos. Punch up Super Dirt Week 2016/Oswego epeedway and check out our Modifieds and Pro stocks(our old pure stocks).or billy Wittaker's in car crash
a long the wall.Will jar ya just watching. pecce

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply