Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 NASCAR Tech changes
Topic Started: Feb 18 2017, 08:43 AM (108 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
2017 NASCAR Tech changes rlr

The 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season kicks off Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway with the Advance Auto Parts Clash (8 p.m. ET, FS1) , a 75-lap exhibition race that does not pay points.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Have mixed feelings on new rules.(they will change with each race).
if you have body damage,you have 5 mins. from time entering pit road,to pit stall and return to race,guy in last pit is screwed time wise. still reading
rules and trying to figure out.Agree with some of other rules,Will see Sunday
at the 500,how it goes. :P

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
In a way, I like some of the rules, if a car as too much damage it shouldn't be allowed back out as many times these cars just create more cautions.....

Another rule that is a step in the right direction, is limiting Cup driver appearances in the Xfinity and truck series... Personally I don't think they should be allowed in any of the lower tier races. I seem to remember not all that many years, one rarely saw a Cup driver in the then Busch Series, except for Daytona....It is also why Xfinity needs to return to the smaller tracke and not be a companion race to the Cup at the same track on the same weekend, but, I have a feeling that is not entirely NASCAR's decision.....The TV crowd claims it costs too much money to have crews and two different tracks on the same weekend......one of the major reasons the Xfinity series was pulled from IRP (or whatever the track is called these days) and moved to IMS....

Another way to keep Cup drivers out of the truck and Xfinity series is that if a cup driver is in the car on any weekend, that car owner does not receive points either!

Rant over.....

Ed K

« Previous Topic · TOWN HALL · Next Topic »
Add Reply