Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 SNRA Late Model Entry Area; Post your new (old) mounts here
Topic Started: Jan 29 2017, 10:13 PM (1,146 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Official 2017 SNRA Late Model Entry Area

Post at least two and not more than 4 photos of your cars here. Provide driver information, owner information, crew information, sponsors, details on the car, any history, you know.... interesting stuff.

With a post, as always, you are automatically entered! :)))

Last seasons awards will be going out and a schedule posted in about 2 weeks. .z. afs
Dave CC Bayer SNRA Commissioner
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Chargin', You're not gonna use another poster of Schitz Beer to promote this season are you? Reason I ask is, the folks here in Podunkville want to know-----laying all jokes aside---------you don't really drink that swill do you????????? Now we all just a bunch of Hillbillies here but there aint no way in HECK we would even pour that swill on the lawn let alone punish ourselves by attempting to drink it. Now we have some pretty back-woods folks here that think the four staples are Beer, Bologna, Doritos and Cable TV but even those folks won't touch Schitz. Except for maybe a radiator flush or in a pinch when the general store is out of Ridx. Around here it goes this way--------"When you say War-Steiner, you've said it all". We blame that on Big E.R. Now if a person from here don't care for Beer, he visits Leonard Leadbetter but ya gotta be careful, that stuff will hurt you!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What you talking about. He sure does. I've seen it. :)))

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
Richard Nixon

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
DON'T drink IT!!! it'll kill ya! will give you what name sounds like.mixed with alki it mite burn as burn as fuel(hum new season coming) :P :P

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, Wisdonm is right Lefty. He and I have even knocked back some Schlitz tall boys at a car show! :)))
And don't tell me you don't like the poster of Cynthia Myers?!! r:r

Schlitz, now owned by Miller, decided about 10 to 12 years ago to find some guys that used to work at the old brewery and located the original early to mid-60's recipe. It's vastly different now than the "water" they were bottling 15 years ago.

To tell the truth though, all beer gets me so full these days that I only drink maybe one or two at a time. Most of the time its rye and ginger ale, or maybe some good Irish whisky. At my age, I can't waste time in anything I do, including getting----- well you know! lol

Dave B.

PS: Of course, if the girls from Germany, greater Podunkville and etc. offered me a Warsteiner, I surely wouldn't turn it down! I might even tip one with ER and I'm sure my crew chief, Lafontaine, would lap it right up.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Can;t handle either one,but have good friend who worked at the miller brewery in Fulton,n.y. A few of us from our model club at time went to a plckinic thrown by miller,to show collections Enough food to feed 2 armies!!!the guys of club who didn't go,didn't know what they missed!Joe has cars in his collection of Bobby Allison and others with Miller backing,was a big blow to area when they closed.

1 month till race season! maddr fbr

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Driver: Mark W9 Desjardins.
Owner: Mark Desjardins "Sr".
Crew: Mark W9,Mark Sr and Len Couvillion is brought back on for engine tuning and chassis set up.
Engine: 350 Chevy.
Chassis: Couvillion vintage chassis.
Sponsored by:Sun Parlor trailers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/EDJZgDg.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/B22yFE1.jpg?1

(Also if anyone has tips on posting from imgur id appreciate it. :))))
git-r-done!

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Getting ready for some roundy-round racing. Built another Chevrolet ( r8 ), for some reason I don't seem to have very good luck with Fords.

Team: Bad Dawg Racing
Driver: Kim Johnson (she has got our only checkered flag, so I figure she can drive and I will wrench)
Engine Builder: Bocephus Cumquat (Creeb refused to touch another bow-tie engine)
Chassis: Odell
Fabricator: Little Tommy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clicking thumbnail will open rest of file.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
NICE BUILD RICK! fORD AND CHEVY=CLASSIC SHORT TRACK RACING, mOST OF THE GUYS USED CHEVY ,EASY TO WORK ON,EASY TO MIX PARTS .CAN'T REMEMBER THE TRICK,TOOK PISTONS AND CAM FROM 283 AND PUT IN 327'S DROVE TECH CRAZY,BUT RULE SAID ORIGINAL MANUFACTURED PARTS. DIDN'T SAY IN WHAT! CHEVY HAD THE TORK OFF TURNS.
fEW OF THEY GUYS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH FORDS AND MOPAR AND ONLY RAN THEM,VERY
TOUGH COMP.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
DT, I take it you used a CRANKSHAFT from a 283 and installed it in a 327. That would give you a 302, A 283 piston is 3.875" and a 327 is 4.00" so a 283 piston in a 327 is Not going to work but the crank does. That 302 swap was done around here too before GM started making them. Guess I should check out Homer Shockey's "327" and see if that is what he has done. Knowing Homer, I figure he jerked it out of an old School Bus or maybe a Biscayne. He could find more speed parts in the scrap heap than I could at the speed shop. For all I know, he could have gone the other way, 327 Crankshaft in a 283 and has a 307. Homer was Champ one year with what he said was "A Turd Motor out of a Chevy Pickup". Knowing Homer, that's just what it was.
Richard Nixon

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looking good here! :))) 2015 champ Marky has a vintage model looking real period correct and Another Rick has one that has real nice engineering and
is a pretty piece. Durn nice!!!!!
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
jsm Yep, SNRA competition is going to be tough this year! Hopefully sending 6 Feet Under's entry to the paint booth this weekend to put the finishing touches on him.
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
HI,lefty!Thanks on imput on part exchange. Couldn't remember how it was did.
The 70's were sooooooo long a go. Bet you've got great bench racing stories!!
miss dad and my buddy's dad telling their stories of 50-60's days

those were the days!

1hrr

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's a funny thing DT Dave, I can remember how them parts swaps was did but I have trouble remembering where I left my glasses and have to stop and think about how to tie my shoes at times. I can remember a mans name that drove a 57 Chevy 50 years ago but can't remember the password I added to my bank account last week. I woke up one day and realized I was one of those "Old Farts" I used to laugh at. I have hundreds of racing stories to tell but nobody wants to hear em. Its no big deal though, I usually just tell them to my cat, she sits and listens to all of em. Aint being an old guy fun?
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefturns75,Feb 13 2017
07:32 PM
..............   I woke up one day and realized I was one of those "Old Farts" I used to laugh at.  I have hundreds of racing stories to tell but nobody wants to hear em. .........

George, Respectfully I could not disagree with you more..........no one is getting any younger and once they are gone , so are the racing stories to be told. It doesn't matter who you are or what your involvement in the sport was, everybody has a story to tell. Everything in the sport is different these days...to the point that it has disenfranchised a lot of what was the hard core fans of the past....I know, I was once the hard core fan.

I really started to pay a lot of attention to the local scene in the late 70's ... so my story telling capabilities would be from that time frame forward. Prior to that I did go to a lot of races locally with my folks, but I guess I was on the wrong side of the fence as the stories that where told to me later on in my life centered around the activity in the pits, on the track or else where.

If anyone has a story to tell, then tell it....doesn't matter who you are or where your from......what you have to say is a link to the past.....once the stories are not told anymore, then the memory is gone forever.
I for one want to read any story that anyone wants to tell.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

grm1018
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The first two entries on this site look very ,very good. Love the stance on the '61.And both are fantastic with the color combo. rrr :))) maddr
Gordon

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, painting went undone at the Six Feet Under shops this weekend. Apparently, the Asiatic-Rheumatic-Pneumatic-Mad Cow-Avian Bird-Hoof and Mouth-Root Rot-Black Plague-Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini-Influenza of the Northwest Passage has descended upon me and the entire crew. So, the old Plymerf sits untouched in his shed...just sitting there...waiting....

Maybe in a day or two...when the antibiotics kick in....

I swear, I'm short of gargling with Lysol, if I thought it would help....
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Uncle Verde Racing team is pleased to present their 2017 Late model entry.
Driver Kevin Sassman will be piloting the number 11, 1956 Chevy with a 427 Cubic inch
power plant. This years sponsors are George Martin Towing and Texaco.
Pit crew members are Lana, Fiona, Ky and Dina.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That is one really cool '56 Chevy. Especially like the color and simple graphics. Good Job. fbr IMHO the '56 Chevy is the second prettiest body style from Chevrolet, right behind the '65 Chevelle - and both make great short-track racers. maddr
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Rick :)))
Kevin

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just superb Kevin!! rrr Feel free to enter another one or two of yours for area drivers, like the Red Comet, always a favorite and in this style as well! :)))
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
While we fight to put our new car on the track (almost there but may not have full lettering on Saturday) AMB Racing has obtained SNRA legend, Frank the Crank Burval to drive the former Norm Nelson 64 Plymouth we own, driven a few years ago by Wisdonm and arranged for Carl da Bugman Ross to drive the Homer Spink estate's dirt late model 63 Plymouth. First the 64.

Driver: Frank the Crank Burval, Brunswick, Ohio. Registered nurse and State of Ohio Nursing Home Inspector.

Owner: AMB Racing, Annette M. Bayer, CEO, Oshkosh, Wis.

1964 Plymouth Belvedere with Nichels Engineering Chassis, formerly owned and raced in the USAC series by Norm Nelson of Racine, Wis.

Engine: 426 Hemi

Sponsor: Hub Chrysler, West Allis, Wis.

Crew: Car chief, Titus Lafontaine, Crew Chief, Karen Burval, Crew Members are again quite Jazzy in the pits: Dexter Gordon, Sonny Rollins, Stan Getz and new this year, Thelonius Monk.

Posted Image

Posted Image
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Next up is Carl da Bugman Ross.

Driver: Carl Ross, Ocala, Florida. Retired exterminator and Hobby Shop King.

Owner: Homer Spink Family, Baraboo, Wis.

1963 Plymouth Fury originally modified from Chrysler Factory Pieces and Petty roll Cage Forms, and built primarily for dirt.

Engine: 426 Wedge by Ed Hume Racing, Madison, Wis.

Sponsors: Clement Auto Body, Hume Racing, Pope Chrysler Plymouth

Crew: Chief - Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds, Dick Powell.

Posted Image

Posted Image
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
1964 Ford Galaxie
427 Tunnel Port Big Block
Mostly Holman Moody sourced.

Driver: Mark Desjardins, Sr., Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Owner: Michelle Desjardins and Dave Chargin Charlie Bayer

Former winner of the Alan Kulwicki Memorial Trophy at Milwaukee NNL "09

Crew: Chief - Flash Desjardins. Jr. Hanley, Bob Merrifield, Joey Desjardins.

Posted Image

Posted Image
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply