Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
32 Ford Coupe
Topic Started: Oct 4 2016, 08:03 PM (830 Views)
IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here are just a few photos of what I'm working with for my jalopy build. I got a good deal on a resin body
that had a few small imperfections on it, but it will work great for this build. The frame I had in my parts box,
it's from a 32 Ford. It had everything molded as one piece so I cut out the floor boards and added my own
with sheet styrene. The rear suspension is molded in so I will have to do some detailing and weathering
to make it look presentable.
And a very nice set of wheels and tires from Ron Coon Resins. Now it's time to get to work!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good lookin start their Bud, By the way i think you mean 32 ford coupe!!! .?.
"JALOPY HEAVEN"
FLATHEADS & INLINERS FOREVER.

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Oct 4 2016
11:04 PM
Good lookin start their Bud, By the way i think you mean 32 ford coupe!!! .?.

I think you are correct that it's a 32, I always have trouble telling the 3 windows apart.
Kevin

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Anymore pics yet Kev!!!!!!! :lol:
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been plugging away at my Jalopy and finally have a few photos to show. For the motor
I'm using a flathead that I had built up awhile back. It has quite a few parts I got form Ron
years ago. The valve covers, intake, carbs, air cleaners and generator are all from Early
Years Resin. I painted the body dark green metallic, probably to pretty for a Jalopy but
I like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lookin Kool Kev,Great Job & Love to see Ron's Resin still being used , Cant Wait to see the War Paint.... Keep the Pics Coming it helps to keep me at the Bench....O yer thats a Very Flash Paint Job Mate you better put on some nice rub rails to help keep Her Lookin' so pretty. Paul... :lol:
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) looking great!!
git-r-done!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys!
Kevin

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Anymore pics yet Kev.... .?.
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Time for an update, making some good progress now that I have a cage built out of styrene.
I dug into the parts box for the seat and gas tank, as well as the shifter, steering wheel and battery
box. It pays to never throw anything away!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And the finished product. Might be a little to pretty for a real Jalopy but I'm happy with it.
Thanks for looking!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Me like Kevin.... kool little hot rod ya got there!!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Turned out Great Kev.... rrr
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys!
Kevin

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That is one sharp build!!! fbr fbr wnw

Yeah, maybe tooo clean for a jalopy.....but who cares.....that is one great looking car!

Though the first time it hits the track other drivers might wander over and pick out their spots where they'll rearrange some of the body work....or one of them will find a way to put the car on it's roof to make it look like all the others. LOL

The part about other drivers picking on where they claim they are going to rearrange some of the body work, comes from what happened when I crewed on a figure-8 car back in 1976 and the first night we went to the track, other drivers did walk over and started pointing out where they were going to re-arrange various body panels.....and yes, by the time the night was over...the body wasn't "factory straight"....
Ed K

« Previous Topic · THE EARLY YEARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply