Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'32 jalopy
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 03:35 PM (1,119 Views)
wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hiya folks. Just started this one..trying to get back into building and decided to step away from the copperhead for a bit..ill be posting pics asap.

Posted Image

Posted Image
git-r-done!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Six Shooter, Sweet mines a 6 banger as well! :lol: Inliners forever.....
"JALOPY HEAVEN"
FLATHEADS & INLINERS FOREVER.

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Sep 25 2016
02:44 PM
Six Shooter, Sweet mines a 6 banger as well! :lol: Inliners forever.....

ive always been partial to them.. my grandpa used to own a car with one that raced and did pretty well.
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Any pics of ya Granpa's car.....
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Sep 26 2016
02:29 PM
Any pics of ya Granpa's car.....

Here's a couple pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Way Kool Markie Ya gota build a model of that Bud ,Great lookin 34 chevy. rrr
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Sep 26 2016
10:48 PM
Way Kool Markie Ya gota build a model of that Bud ,Great lookin 34 chevy. rrr

as soon as i find a body lol. however my dad made a couple.
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Suppose you could get a resin body i remember some one doing one awhile ago,
Then use the 37 chev coupe kits chassis & shortin the wheel base & width to suit 34 chev !!!! :unsure: Il keep a eye & see what i can find !!!
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Sep 27 2016
02:21 PM
Suppose you could get a resin body i remember some one doing one awhile ago,
Then use the 37 chev coupe kits chassis & shortin the wheel base & width to suit 34 chev !!!! :unsure: Il keep a eye & see what i can find !!!

;bb; this could be interesting!
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Been Thinking Fella, I think you can make a 34 chev body from a 34 ford 5 window but will need a rear roof section from a 34 slammer roof to get the rear Qtr windows correct & the body lines are pretty much the same but will need to use some evergreen to had a extra body line nothing major , the leading edge of the door edge will need rescribing as well.... :unsure: O yer door hinges will need to be moved as 34 ford has suicide hinges .Il guess il have to make one as well now!!!.. :)))
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Sep 28 2016
03:39 PM
Been Thinking Fella, I think you can make a 34 chev body from a 34 ford 5 window but will need a rear roof section from a 34 slammer roof to get the rear Qtr windows correct & the body lines are pretty much the same but will need to use some evergreen to had a extra body line nothing major , the leading edge of the door edge will need rescribing as well.... :unsure: O yer door hinges will need to be moved as 34 ford has suicide hinges .Il guess il have to make one as well now!!!.. :)))

hmm... sounds doable. Might do some digging around and see what i have laying around. :)))
git-r-done!

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Made some progress and a seat! Hoping to have this in paint soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lookin Good Bud, Im not far behind , Love the seat whats that from !!! :unsure: Il post some pics later this morn .......
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Oct 1 2016
02:54 PM
Lookin Good Bud, Im not far behind , Love the seat whats that from !!! :unsure: Il post some pics later this morn .......

Thanks cant wait to see how yours is doing. as for the seat..i scratch built the "frame" and hacked up the old kit seat for the pleated part.. still have to blend it in with the frame though. ill get some pics in a bit to show it better.(i based the idea for it from the big donkey resin one)
git-r-done!

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
its a little rough..still needs finishing.

Posted Image
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Like the lighting holes , may have to try that on mine!!!!

Posted Image
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Oct 1 2016
11:40 PM
Like the lighting holes , may have to try that on mine!!!!

Posted Image

thanks! and i think it would fit your build really well. plus its easy to do. :)))
git-r-done!

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got my wheels today..felt like it took forever! It got me in the mood to try and blast through the painting and i have so far.. some things left to weather which will be done shortly!.

Posted Image

Posted Image

More will be posted as i progress(which is hopefully quick lol)
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Holly Crap i better get in to gear!! Lookin real kool Bud love the weathering what did you use , Ive been playing AK Interactive rust product its not bad but needs sealing ...I have been playing with every thing else but this build il get some done & post some pics ..Also trying to get my shed sorted so can bench space for building & get me my air brushes into action !!!! O yer i made another seat for the jalopy as well !!!!! :lol: O yer who's Wheels look good..
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Oct 21 2016
04:07 PM
Holly Crap i better get in to gear!! Lookin real kool Bud love the weathering what did you use , Ive been playing AK Interactive rust product its not bad but needs sealing ...I have been playing with every thing else but this build il get some done & post some pics ..Also trying to get my shed sorted so can bench space for building & get me my air brushes into action !!!! O yer i made another seat for the jalopy as well !!!!! :lol: O yer who's Wheels look good..

thanks! all i used is some acrylic hobby paint from the dollar store lol it works really well and is cheap but also needs to be sealed (would future work well on that?) I too have been slacking..the wheels kind of held me up but worth the wait!. i cant wait to see your progress and the new seat..been learning alot from you especially the weathering lol
git-r-done!

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Future would be fine to seal your weathering with ,Its near impossible to find in Oz these days!!! For your wheels get your self some black wash to bring out the detail, Dont forget to check out AK interactive on youtube mainly armour stuff some great weathering to use on ya jalopy builds or what ever !!!! its enamel base so it takes a bit to get use to ... i love the stuff all sorts of stuff from rust to oil & fuel stains to green slimy crape & mud effects, you will get some good ideas from there youtube videos i did .... :unsure: O yer what did you use to do your weatherin' Bud......
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
26speedster,Oct 22 2016
02:00 AM
I think Future would be fine to seal your weathering with ,Its near impossible to find in Oz these days!!! For your wheels get your self some black wash to bring out the detail, Dont forget to check out AK interactive on youtube mainly armour stuff some great weathering to use on ya jalopy builds or what ever !!!! its enamel base so it takes a bit to get use to ... i love the stuff all sorts of stuff from rust to oil & fuel stains to green slimy crape & mud effects, you will get some good ideas from there youtube videos i did .... :unsure: O yer what did you use to do your weatherin' Bud......

I'll try the future after i figure out how to spray it. lol and the car is almost done now just have to letter it and touch up the weathering. ill definitely checking out ak i need more lol! r:r
git-r-done!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Look in' mighty fine, really like the weathering treatment. Makes me want to get busy on mine.
Kevin

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Future is best thru an airbrush ,can use straight but if need to thin use Acrylic thinner & apply lightly..... :)))
"JALOPY HEAVEN"

wreckers9
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks guys and i think i shall try dullcote before future that way i dont have to get an airbrush r:r
git-r-done!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · THE EARLY YEARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply