Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dale Earnhardt 1977 Monte Carlo
Topic Started: Sep 15 2016, 02:54 PM (563 Views)
MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thought I would bump this back to the top. Super Tex posted this build on Sept. 15 and not one single comment or reply. In my opinion, this is a great scratch built, kit bashed build of a subject you don't see very often. Check out the paint, decal application and detail. There is some work here guys and some skills shown too. How did you guys miss this? Tex, once again great job on this build and post more when you build em. I would love to see the 56 project here also.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefturns75,Oct 2 2016
12:45 PM
......  In my opinion, this is a great scratch built, kit bashed build of a subject you don't see very often.  Check out the paint, decal application and detail.  There is some work here guys and some skills shown too.    How did you guys miss this?   ........

..Not to be an antagonist ,but.....
Unless you viewed the build over at Scale Auto you would have no idea how much went into this build....Mark simply posted some pictures of the finished build with no text here at this site..... I would imagine that there are some here who are unaware of what took place over at Scale Auto. I am sure he has a good reason why he chose to post the build process there verses posting here as well. Perhaps more pictures of the build process and some supporting text may have garnered more responses here .?.

NASCAR builds are perhaps some of the most difficult to scratch build...especially when there are well meaning , but none the less detractors, keying in with unsolicited advice...for this reason alone I have chosen the leave this genre of build up to the builders who know them better than myself.
None the less, this build exemplifies the fine art of scratch building a stock car and as George (Lefturns75) has pointed out and I totally agree with, Mark is deserving the accolades of an accomplished scratch builder
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks George and Brian. I really appreciate the comments and your interest in the build.

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Markj,

This is an incredible build. Don't know how long it has been posted haven't been able to get on the computer while at work. Just got home today. Nascar models are I have built the most. I also have a version of this one. What body & chassis did you use?

Supergluek5
Mike
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
supergluek5,Oct 6 2016
01:12 PM
Markj,

This is an incredible build.  Don't know how long it has been posted haven't been able to get on the computer while at work.  Just got home today. Nascar models are I have built the most.  I also have a version of this one.  What body & chassis did you use?

Supergluek5
Mike

Mike, the body is from the Revell wheels of fire 1977 Monte Carlo kit. The chassis is the amt bill Elliot 1992 Coors Light nascar kit. Below is the link to the build of the model.

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_su...1/t/123807.aspx

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
VERY nice build. I apologize for not commenting earlier. I've had to take a bit of a hiatus until I can get some things worked out in my personal life. Keep up the amazing work, Mark!
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great build Mark ......... your talent never disappoints :))) fbr jsm
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks O.C. And Undertaker. I really appreciate the comments.

« Previous Topic · NASCAR · Next Topic »
Add Reply