Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"THE WING THING" Fall 2016. for Pops!; Special; Anything with a wing!
Topic Started: Aug 27 2016, 10:01 AM (295 Views)
dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
HI Gang! have talked to charging Charlie about 2 ideas,1 on back burner to close to one of charlie's.
What about a 1- 2 track 50 or 100 lap Pop's" WING FLING" If it has a wing,
sprint,mod, supermodified ,it's in. LIke Edmands racer ran as mod,super even as a sprint.Thinking of 1 dirt and 1 asphalt track this covers both bases.
I'm sure some of you have one in your shop,If not just put wing on for photo
to enter(I won't tell) sepu
Well there's the idea,What ya think??? :unsure: ;bb;
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm in. My Skeeter from last years memorial race is ready to go. :)))
Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
....What about Dirt Late Models from the late 70's - early 80's with roof wings...or are you strictly limiting this to the open wheel types
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry forgot about some tracks with those PA? yyyyyyyyyyoooouuuuu In!!
has wing its in!! wow what a field! :)))

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dirttrackdave,Aug 27 2016
10:43 AM
Sorry forgot about some tracks with those PA? yyyyyyyyyyoooouuuuu In!!
has wing its in!! wow what a field! :)))

PA....No ,KS ....Just checking to make sure before I make a commitment to anything that indeed a DIRT Late Model would be allowed to participate as a DIRT Late Model...not to be confused with the DIRT sanctioning organization from the North East.... Seen some here in the Midwest back then...also saw some winged dirt Late Models race at "The Grove" in Cottage Grove, Oregon in 1982.
There was a short lived sanctioning organization back in '81 that promoted the winged Late Models here in the Mid West....National Outlaw Stock Car Association.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
HI brian,nice to talk with ya.DIRT or D.I.R.T of C.N.Y. as it started was good at first.had a run in with them a bout rules.went to local outlaw track.
IT's gone. Were you'rs the top less winged cars seen pictures of?

Don Edmonds sprints ,ran out your waycars are on you tube run as sprints,Modifieds and supers. wasn't sure how to call them.Every track had diff,class.Seen them on dirt and asphalt,Why i said both tracks,as not to leave any one out.Will let group pick.Or as dad did yrs ago run one car on both surfaces.
I thought if winged it"s in,open to more classes. Any ideas,advice or any thing welcome, lst try at promoter lol
must figure when to run so not conflict with SNRA or Drag tour.maybe add
to SNRA.
thanks for interest,take care nasty weather out your way!! .z.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
It's gone,D.I.R.T is gone,out law track still there!!
Seen some of your builds,nice work. fbr

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you for commenting on my builds...it's very much appreciated! .z.
....The cars I spoke of were the mid 70's-early 80's variety...almost all Camaros...they ran with their roofs on , an exception that comes to mind would have been Mike Niffenegger from Kolona, Ia who showed up at a winged race here in Topeka at the fairgrounds 1/2 mile dirt track in 1979 with a T-Top Trans Am minus the T-Tops...the mounting gear for the wing was in the area where the T-Tops would have been.
The only roofless winged Late Model that comes to mind would have been one of Randy Sweet's asphalt creations.
Since you are wanting to make this a Fall event,I would not get too concerned with conflicting with the SNRA...their season will be wrapping up soon as it is.
To avoid confusion and misunderstandings I personally would not add this to the SNRA ....let your idea either succeed or fail on your own merits....success has many fathers, failure is an orphan....I have no reason to doubt that you will do just fine,you have come up with a great idea :)))
Yes, we need to get out of this cycle of severe thunderstorms that have been dumping all of this rain and spinning up a few Tornado's....needless to say the weather here in the Midwest can be quite interesting at times...hardly a dull moment it seems.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
I agree with you're comments,wish to see what interest may be.and run under S.N.R.A.or as add on to tour or as single race.Since open to so many classes,run only dirt or asphalt and What time to run.Fall race maybe cutting it to close.Can run anytime,and race surface. depends on interest and everones
choice.Everyone has input.all for fun! can't belive D.I.R.T made it to KS.
.?. :unsure:

when to Run?
surface(s)?
where to run?

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dirttrackdave,Aug 28 2016
05:09 PM
I agree with you're comments,wish to see what interest may be.and run under S.N.R.A.or as add on to tour or as single race.Since open to so many classes,run only dirt or asphalt and What time to run.Fall race maybe cutting it to close.Can run anytime,and race surface. depends on interest and everones
choice.Everyone has input.all for fun! can't belive D.I.R.T made it to KS.
.?. :unsure:

when to Run?
surface(s)?
where to run?

...The only dirt that made it to Ks. is what gets blown up from Oklahoma during storm season or what gets blown down from Nebraska in the winter months....
As far as D.I.R.T goes, all I know about it is what was printed in Stock Car Racing magazine back in the day....would have really liked to have seen one of their big races in person.....
will respond with some input as to the questions you have in your other post
:)))
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, just so everyone knows, this is Dirtrack Dave's baby. If he wants SNRA approval or run it as an SNRA approved special event as others have done in the past, he's got our approval, no worries! :))) If not, that too is ok. This race is not part of any SNRA series; it is his race, his rules, his tracks, his time, my only involvement would be to help if he asks.

My understanding Dave, is ANYTHING with a wing on it is eligible as long as it is an oval track racer, and you wanted one dirt and one asphalt race and that you want guys and gals to have a little build time, though they can run existing cars of any type. A wing can even be dry mounted for photograph purposes, nothing special, just a rectangular piece of plastic could be put there?

Just my suggestions, it is up to you, but why not go for something near the Holidays or we have even had Great Pumpkin, Turkey Trot specials and New Years specials, all fair game for you. As you said you were looking for mile tracks, why not Phoenix for the paved and Sacramento for the dirt? Otherwise, unless you need me, my lips are sealed sepu and you have a green light. You can PM me for questions as how we pick positions, etc. too as you like, whatever you need. SNRA late models 9th season, 2017, will be May through August or early September, Don does the drags from sometime in January to beginning of May. You can always run on a Sunday for instance too, as all the SNRA series races are on Saturday night. Pick what, where and when and go for it, I can pin your entry area for you so it stays at the top.

Good luck.

Dave B. (Charlie)
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Nov. date will be perfect! I am in.
....Are we doing any in progress pictures or just entry pictures?
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Brian,

No matter what is going on, whatever section of the lobby, in progress photos are always welcome and encouraged. :))) I will post up an entry area in the pinned section for the pictures of the completed projects for Dave.

Dave B. (Charlie)
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Brian, I for one love the in progress shots,always learn some new ways of
building.charlie,can't thank you enough for help with photos,
since at this time I have no way or skill for photos.I have nice poster made up with all entries from 2016's SNRA tour,like one of Modifieds for Dirtweek.
soon if i can figure how to get it out of power point to send,will do so.

mpc

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, somehow you need to get it into the photo's on your control board and from there to photobucket, or directly. But anything you can load into photobucket you can just copy and paste here. I'm bad with power point, (though I'll have to learn soon for school) I would suggest pm'ing Jamie (resin daddy). krwasson, or USMC E5.

Anyone else here know how to help Dave? .?. .z.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply