Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
my 2 cents; where is everyone
Topic Started: Aug 26 2016, 07:49 AM (287 Views)
dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Guys! Charlie, hope you don't mind.I'm dave(dirttrack dave) some time modeler of late.Partly eye problems,the heat,Lazy and wife's fear RACING SEASON!!Spent years as Model railroader,where evey one shared skills if asked.
much like you all do.Have been in clubs both car and ipms where you are snobbed if you don't build rods,customs,drags etc
So when it calms down, heat,race season ,other summer fun, I,ll have Camera,
finished projects and learn to post photos,you will be sick of oval trackers
and i have drag cars thanks to Bernie(WILD STANG),Dr Kerry,leftturn,Duffy and
others photos that i checked out.So grab a newbie,share skills,make a friend
and keep hobby alive.ENOUGH,off to the track,it's champonship nite.Then it's
SUPER DIRT WEEK!! sepu .z.

Peace/love through modeling
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Howdy Dirttrack! Glad you are here and enjoy this. Don't be afraid to ask anyone here a question about a build, how something was done or what parts were used or any question. Anyone would be glad to help and to be honest, most HOPE someone will ask! Glad you enjoyed some of my photos but for some reason, Photobucket lost two of my albums. I have no clue as to why but that caused a bunch of my photos to be deleted from here. I have not had time yet but I will up-load the photos, create an album and re-post the photos here. That was the second time in two years that has happened to me. As time allows, I will replace the photos.

We all have our toys and projects and this summer I got way more involved in go karts than I really should have. It took ALL my time and took me away from here but I did have a lot of fun. I have slowed down on that because at my age, a go kart will beat your body up a bit. After you get upside down on one a couple of times you realize how old you really are. LOL! Playing around here and building a kit is much easier on the body, believe me! I had a blast but I am no Earnhardt or Jimmy Johnson! Thank goodness for roll cages and safety belts. I never thought about how taking a tumble at, say 15mph hurts. When you take one at 35 MPH it will ruin your week. Yep, I crashed a lot. I have taken a little time away from that fun and maybe I can get back to spending some time here. I have had about all the end for end flips I can handle for one summer!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dirttrack Dave: Don't mind at all. Advice, personal experiences, questions, ideas, thoughts about how to improve, always are helpful and always welcome :))). Not only is there still 1:1 racing going on, it is getting to be championship season too. So we all understand.
But never be afraid to share here, every one of you has at least something you know about, or something you do, that nobody else does, we are always happy to learn about any of that and see any new model, in the box, being built as well as finished. rlr And yes, making a new friend is always great, happens a lot here I am proud to say!
Dave B. (Charlie)
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
well computer went back to log lost it all typed!!!will shorten this time.
Lefty,thats why i didn't go mini sprint or karting when chance came.Only over twice,slow roll.Never did get my "I RODE THE WALL" t shirt from one track!! Still safer than local roads.Charlie, got idea,How about a special race of 50 or 100 laps for any thing that ran as late mod era 59-78 -flat head
and 6cyl will start in front v8's in rear. Or Wing Fing-supers,mods,sprints anything with wing.Will run at home track Weedsport Speedway 5/8 dirt with 11 degree banking in Oct(after or as part of dirt week)would like to donate small
trophy.

ps was pops the same that started dirt group on Yahoo??

;bb;

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi DTrack Dave: Yes, Pops or Ron Royston was our founder. A great man. He also ran the Early Modifieds Resin company which was top notch. We lost him a couple of years ago now, and all we can do is try to make things as good as what he did.

That race sounds like a fine idea, everyone can race builds they have in their existing collections if they can't get a new one done in time, (like me I'm afraid)! lol

You can just get on the SNRA thread, maybe copy to the Asphalt, Dirt, Modified, threads etc. as well as town hall to announce. And I can then pin up an area in the SNRA area for guys, and gals, to enter. I'll leave the details of the announcement and basic set up to you, then we can PM as to details as to how I draw the SNRA positions and write the stories and etc. I can see your enthusiasm all year and I appreciate your thoughts and efforts along with the veterans.

We are looking to probably do the early history of Late Model racing, 55 through 65 models for next years SNRA and this might be a good, kind of build up, to that.
.z.
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
No wonder it feels like home Just deleted group at yahoo, no one there in last 2yrs I've been back on line.Talked to Pops many times.It was a shock to all at group to hear of passing.Going to put idea to back burner for short time,for more planing.plus having sold ever thing a few years back,need to start over(dumb move,oh well)have only 8 models built.thanks for leak of info on next SNRA(shop going to restro mode,still have wild idea for modern
or late mod of the future.Built a 49 ford late mod for friend,now to build it for my collection.
Maybe race could be worked in to tour or soon after.This will give time for all to prepare.Maybe use SNRA rules(so many diff,track to track)
Still going to hash out "THE Wing FlING" Anything with a wing,Pops would like it,much like his skeeters. Oswego SpeedWay ran something like it late'50s-60's,pre modern super modifieds. every track and area had diff.name.

Coming soon!!Pops Memorial "WING FLING"

jump

« Previous Topic · TOWN HALL · Next Topic »
Add Reply