Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brad Keselowski Miller Lite Ford 2016
Topic Started: Jul 11 2016, 03:29 PM (390 Views)
MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I used one of the new Revell Snap Tite ford fusion kits. I fixed the exhaust and the stance and put the tires up under the fenders like the real cars have it. Had to make my own decals. It was fun to build but on the next one I will cut the glass apart and glue them in individually. Tamiya paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Super nice! Great to see one of these set up right with the correct stance. Decals look great! Did you do the white ones, too? If so, how'd ya do 'em?
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard Kron,Jul 11 2016
03:37 PM
Super nice! Great to see one of these set up right with the correct stance. Decals look great! Did you do the white ones, too? If so, how'd ya do 'em?

You print the white ones on white decal paper and cut them out as close as you can. below are the sheets

Posted Image

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
MarkJ,Jul 11 2016
12:44 PM
You print the white ones on white decal paper and cut them out as close as you can...

You're a wiz with the scissors and the color matches. The cuts look flawless.
Keep on buildin'

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mark once again your work is super nice. Clean, crisp and your decal work is on the money. Even though I don't care for these cars and even less for Bad Brad Krashoutski, I love seeing your work. Regardless of the little weasel driving the subjects, keep it up. You do fine work and I enjoy it. Thanks for showing it to us.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))

Looks Great there Mark!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Beautiful work and I am floored by your decal work. Bad Brad is one of my favorite drivers, he has matured quite a bit over the past couple of seasons. maddr
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Beautiful build Mark. I've tried that decal technique, but the color matches were not as good. You've got skills. fbr

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

MarkJ
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wisdonm,Jul 12 2016
08:28 AM
Beautiful build Mark. I've tried that decal technique, but the color matches were not as good. You've got skills. fbr

If the color matches are way off you can scribe around the decal with a #11 xacto blade and remove the excess with a tooth pick. just get it started enough to get a tweezers on it and pull it right off. It leaves the decal with no background. Then just clean where the excess decal was carefully with distilled water and when you future it the decal settles right down and is sealed by the future.

« Previous Topic · NASCAR · Next Topic »
Add Reply