Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'62 Pontiac Catalina Mild Custom
Topic Started: Jun 25 2016, 08:41 PM (317 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
[font size="4"]í62 Pontiac Catalina Mild Custom[/font]

Even though Iíve long been an admirer of what I consider to be the height of American automotive design, the period immediately following WWII through to the late 60ís, and especially the work of GMís Bill Mitchell as it was revealed in the early 60ís, Iíve never actually built models from the early 60ís This AMT í62 Pontiac Custom kit has been in my stash for many years, untouched. Lately Iíve felt that it was time I tried my hand at these, and that it was the perfect sort of project to begin to hone my skills in candy paint jobs and epic BMF battles. So this is virtually OOB standard with the exception of the lowered stance (brought down about 3 scale inches all the way around), the Pegasus Sovereign wheels and pin-wall tires, and the Duplicolor MetalCast transparent orange over Duplicolor Metalcast Silver ground. As essentially stock as it is thereís not much to say except that this was a very different experience from my usual diet of Old School Rods and Kustoms and classic drag cars. And the BMF and paint presented real challenges to assure a crisp and clean presentation. But it was a pleasure to build it from what is a well-engineered and detailed kit. It had the desired effect of opening up a new subject area for my modeling.

Thanx for lookiní,
B.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Your candy paint job looks awesome! Love all the detailing under the hood too, that's a beautiful build.
fbr fbr fbr
Kevin

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
jsm Definitely one sweet Poncho. Looks exactly like something you would see cruising the Boulevard on a Friday/Saturday night in the mid 60's. Really like the paint scheme. B)
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Bob P.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Beautiful build, fantastic paint and detail work. jsm fant

Bob

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks everyone! These cars are new territory for me. I mainly do hot rods and race cars. Still gotta do a circle track machine based on these types of bodies, though...
Keep on buildin'

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) fbr :)))
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

henryc43
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely done! :)))

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) fbr B) :)))

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks again, guys!
Keep on buildin'

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Broken Photobucket links repaired. For now I'm only updating completed model pics. Updating w.i.p. links is just too huge a task! I'll update them on request...
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · ANYTHING OTHER THAN RACE CARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply