Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GHR #2 Car Finished
Topic Started: Apr 15 2016, 02:39 PM (1,510 Views)
Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The boys a GHR are banging away on the SNRA Dirt car. Since this car is going together for dirt only and is made up of left-over antique stuff, I put em in the small shop out back to stick it together. This one will wear 1987 MCSS sheet metal with fast glass. We don't have a clue what it is going to look like at this point but its a dirt car and looks don't make you go fast. I know what your thinking…………..Nobody runs 180 degree headers anymore. No longer than the dirt tracks are in the series, these will work just fine. Even if they are from the 70's. Thanks Ed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hondo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great start, Lefty. Boys, are workin' hard looks like.
Oh, by the way........ my new car'll have a set of 180s on it.
Gotta love the sound :)))

Jim

grm1018
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) rlr cannot wait to see the completion of this car . good job .
flg2 jump
Gordon

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefturns75,Apr 15 2016
03:39 PM
Nobody runs 180 degree headers anymore.

Yeah but they sound so Good! Keep up the great work there Ed!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

jpmracing
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rlr rlr rrr
PIERRE MICHAUD

check out my other builds
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/jpmracin.../?sort=2&page=1

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got a little more done. Stiff fingers and crappy eyesight makes this slow! I think I have made each part three times. I'll get there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
Richard Nixon

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr
Kevin

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally got some sheet metal on this old dog. I will be kinda glad to get this one done, my stiff fingers are really giving me fits. I think I will let the crew member finish the sanding and mudding, my hands are protesting!!

Posted Image
Richard Nixon

Hondo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looking good, Lefty. That young man needs some more help or a bigger piece of 400 grit.

(Kinda reminds me of a Memphis car on the side of I-240 with it sittings on those rims....) r:r
Jim

Racin Jason
[ *  *  * ]
Lefty....as always, have to compliment you on the Monte work in process. This is taking shape to be a fast back up/dirt car for your SNRA team. And its hard to beat the look of the 85-86 Monte Carlo SS. Although I know that the paint scheme of choice will compliment the body style, the primer sanded look adds to the realization in addition to the outside photo shoot.

Also like the updates that you made to the older chassis, crossing up the support bars in back and adding bars to the main cage for added support for potential roll over. Always a fan of the 180 degree/cross-over headers, directing that much anticipated blue flame to exit out the right side.

And if that is your "shop out back", I'm very interested to see what the primary shop might look like.

Great attention to detail sir, and even better story to go along with the build.

We look forward to the updates sir.

Jason

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
lefty, that Monte is going to be one great dirt car! See you laid radiator down for ground effect lol! Learning so much from all you guys!! thanks. rrr :unsure:

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LOL!! DT, that radiator thing is not much for ground effect but helps get some weight a little lower. It also helps when your driver sticks the car under someone else. You are less likely to see all that steam from a destroyed water cooler. It still does its job in that position and with the longer hoses a little more coolant can flow around. We also use another trick with the fuel line. Its 2 inch and is in a coil at one point contained in a small tank. The tank is filled with dry ice. Gives us almost a gal. and a half extra and provides cold, dense fuel for the mill. I better stop talking about all this stuff or next years rules will be as thick as a volume of the World Book Encyclopedia. Our Racing Commish might have a meltdown.
Richard Nixon

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
After taking out my rad one nite,wondered about that set up,no one ever
tried it.wondered about dusty and muddy track.Dad got a dq for fuel cooler.was a no no according to tech,Just wanted to prevent vapor lock.
Boy next seasons car will be some thing,with all ideas i'm stealing!! :unsure:

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Good looking Monte Carlo. Got some really interesting "twists" on this build.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

charlie d.
[ *  *  * ]
I am liking it a lot keep up good work

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got this old dog up and rolling around. Still have some work left so this is one of those "sneak peeks" before its finished. I think the wheels may end up the color of the nose and I have not made a choice on tires yet. Have some Hoosiers that are a little taller. These are kit tires grooved which makes them look kinda like the old D-7 Goodyear dirt tire. More later.
Posted Image
Richard Nixon

Hondo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rrr :))) :)))
Coming along nicely, Lefty.
Gonna look great battling me for 15th........ rr21 :))) roll
Jim

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LOL! Yeah, or 21st. If my number ever starts coming out of the hat like some others, I'll quit racin' and go to Vegas. I am sure you and I will see some checker flags………………..after a bunch of blue ones.
Richard Nixon

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A serious piece of racing machinery and a sharp build to boot.
Keep on buildin'

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very cool Monte, I really like how it's shaping up.
You have the coolest sponsors too. B)
Kevin

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The old dog is done.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Richard Nixon

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Now that is a nice model. I love the stance and proportions. Really convincing textures and details, immaculately turned out, and crisply photographed. Bravo!
Keep on buildin'

RandB11
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Excellent build!

Rick :lol:

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]