Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Truck Build Thread
Topic Started: Mar 28 2016, 06:48 PM (658 Views)
krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Build starts this Friday. Feel free to put pictures up now of what kit you are using. Remember September is the end month. So, choose something that can be finished in 6 months or less. No limit on how many you can do or what truck kits to use. :)))
Kevin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is my selection for the build. I have had this kit for about a year now. It should be a quick build. At least I hope it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm using the ERTL 67 GMC truck kit for the base of my ramp truck...
I started it but didn't have much done, asked if it was ok to include here as it may take me awhile to finish anyway.
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well Kevin I don't have any pictures to post...yet... suppose I could but it would be a picture of some random parts that I have rounded up ...but here's where I am at presently.

Inquired with Motor City Resin Casters about the Ranchero over the weekend, got word back that it has not been all poured yet but will be put towards the top of the list and hopefully will ship soon......it's their busy season and as long as I get it before it puts me behind I'll be o.k with it. Mean while I rounded up a small block Ford and Borg/ Warner T-!0 4 speed, from the pre Toploader days, from the stash as well as a quick change rear end.

Since I decided to take the '72 Ranchero and up date it to a '74 -'76 I had to make a mold of the front grill/head lights etc. and front bumper from the Starsky & Hutch Torino....got an almost perfect pull...I will be able to use the hood and fenders from the resin trans kit.

Ready to go body or no body.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is what I have going. I will be using this kit for parts along with the stretched chassis and resin cab. Yes, it's a Track Truck and I will fill you in on just what kind as I get more done. It will be a 25/26 Model TT Cab and Chassis.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...Kevin
Do you want progress pictures here or in the appropriate sub category according to what is being built. .?.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
On here if you would.
Kevin

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice start Brian, I'm liking the direction you are going. rlr
Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
IAracefan,May 15 2016
05:21 PM
Nice start Brian, I'm liking the direction you are going. rlr

....Seeing your from Iowa (assuming by your screen name) does the name Ted Swartslander from Des Moines ring a bell with you?..........
ON THE WORK BENCH....

dirtman
[ *  *  * ]
When did this build end? Thought it was supposed to be end of September. Just curious what happened...

Rett

« Previous Topic · BUILDS UNDERWAY · Next Topic »
Add Reply