Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dick Harrell's AWB '66 Nova
Topic Started: Mar 28 2016, 07:22 AM (563 Views)
old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
..... from Carlsbad, New Mexico came this little altered wheelbase '66 Nova owned and driven by Dickie Harrell

Competition resins body on a stretched Rat Packer chassis ........... Testors enamel and Slixx decals

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Real nice build,would you consider doing a bit on how you did the frame?
to help us newbies out.you just help me move my rat packer up the to do list! fbr :lol:

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dirttrackdave,Mar 28 2016
10:30 AM
Real nice build,would you consider doing a bit on how you did the frame?
to help us newbies out.you just help me move my rat packer up the to do list! fbr :lol:

I'm not an advanced builder .......... I have to get things done in the easiest way possible ........... and since I don't do shows or competitions, my models are just shelf models

The lengthening of the rat packer chassis was done by cutting the chassis just behind the point at which it starts to the rear at the widest point ....... the two ends of the separated chassis are then inserted into a measured length "collar" of slightly larger plastic tubing and glued in place ....... it's that collar that adds the extra length to the chassis .......... then I built new motor mounts from plastic rod to support the front of the engine ......... I also built a plastic tube support to raise the back of the body (and drop the nose), and it also provided a glue point in the rear of the resin body .......... really very crude, but as I said, I'm not an advanced builder and I just build shelf models shhe

Here are a few pictures to show you what I did

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Great looking car nice job :)))

henryc43
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely done! :)))

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Oops! so sorry to take long time to thank you for your how to do on chassis
info.I thought i had done it.(old Age!!)Been looking at at your builds,and you are Mr Drag in my book.All great builds. wnw

« Previous Topic · NOSTALGIA DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply