Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2016 SFDT race #3
Topic Started: Feb 27 2016, 11:00 PM (291 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages crews, and drivers to Race #3 of the SNRA 2016 Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the New Mexico Motorsports Classic at the Albuquerque National Dragway in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Itís a beautiful clear evening. Itís only 65 degrees out with 10 mph tailwind. The dropping temps from this afternoonís qualifying rounds will have the crews making many adjustments to maximize tonightís performance.

We have two new competitors tonight. First is Big Red Kelley, driving for Kelley Motorsports. Our second competitor is Dave "Chargin Charlie" Bayer, driving for the AMB team.

Big Red is tonight's fastest qualifier. So letís go racing and see if he can convert that fast time into an overall win.

As fast qualified Big Red gets to make a single pass. He is driving a blown Hemi rail for Kelley Motorsports team. Big Red does an impressive burn out, stages, and makes a clean pass. Big Red will move into Round 2.

Posted Image

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our first pair of the night will be Paul D. "Speed Merchant" Smith VS Ruth Truth.

Speed is driving his beautiful blown Hemi powered "Terrible Toppolino" Fiat Fuel Coupe for the Historic Racing Associates team.

Posted Image

Ruth is driving her Potvin-blown, 300CID powered '32 Bantam Altered.

Posted Image

Both drivers do their burn outs and stage. Ruth takes off with a .9 second lead. Speed goes after her, but Ruth hangs on to a half car lead for the win. Ruth will move into Round 2.

Our next pair is Dave "Chargin Charlie" Bayer VS L. Edward "ET" Foot.

Dave is driving the twin blown Olds powered, four wheel driven Corvair called Unsafe At Any Speed.

Posted Image

"ET" the winner of this year's first two events, is driving the gorgeous front engined dragster Dynamic Performance Special for the Historic Racing Associates team.

Posted Image

Both men have staged and Speed charges off with a .4 second advantage. Dave cuts a perfect light and reels Speed in, to win by a car length. Dave will move on to Round 2.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Up next is wisdonm VS Bobby Bledsoe.

Wisdonm is in his red and blue Ferrari F-40 BIPOLAR. This car has a massive twin turboed 820 cubic inch Ford hemi. The car is entered by DIRT.

Posted Image

Bobby is driving a blown 417 CI Olds in a 1932 Sedan Altered for Bledsoe Sanitation and Landfill.

Posted Image

The drivers are staged. Bobby charges off with a 1.8 second head start, but the wisdonm has him covered today and runs him down in time. Wisdonm is moving into Round 2.

Our last pairing in Round 1 are Kevin Sassman VS Rick.

Kevin is driving his line green 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Funny Car for the Uncle Verde racing team.

Posted Image

Rick will be driving a 383 c.i. Hilborn injected small block Chevy powered 1941 Willys pick-up for the Johnson Racing and Whoopee Parlor team.

Posted Image

Both drivers do their burn outs and stage. Rick takes off with a 1.8 second lead. Kevin waits, then drops the hammer, he starts to fish tail and gathers it up, but not in time to win. Rick will be moving into Round 2.

That concludes tonight's first round eliminations. Come back after the break to watch the Round 2 excitement.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome back ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages crews, and drivers to round #3 of the SNRA 2016 Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the New Mexico Motorsports Classic at the Albuquerque National Dragway in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Itís a beautiful clear evening. Itís only 56 degrees out with 10 mph tailwind. So bundle up as we have a lot of racing yet to do tonight.

Our first pair in Round 2 are Big Red VS Ruth.

Big Red is driving his blow Hemi rail for Kelley Motorsports.

Posted Image

Ruth is driving her Potvin-blown, 300CID powered '32 Bantam Altered.

Posted Image

The driver's do their prep and stage. Ruth charges away with a 2 second advantage. Big Red roars after her, but red lights. Ruth wins and will move into Round 3.

Dave will do a single car pass. He is driving Unsafe At Any Speed Corvair for the AMB team.

Dave warms his tires and stages. Dave makes a clean pass, while searching the traction limits of the Corvair. Dave will move into Round 3.

Posted Image

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our final pair in Round 1 is wisdonm VS Rick.

Wisdonm in the ultra fast Ford powered F-40 Ferrari, BIPOLAR.

Posted Image

Rick will be driving a 383 c.i. Hilborn injected small block Chevy powered 1941 Willys pick-up, called Li'l Nasty, for the Johnson Racing and Whoopee Parlor team.

Posted Image

Both drivers do burn outs and stage. Rick roars away with 2.8 seconds in hand. Wisdonm waits patiently and charges off. He also red lights. Rick wins and will move into Round 3.

So that concludes round 2. Stick around to see who wins the semis.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages crews, and drivers to The semi-final round of the SNRA 2016 Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the New Mexico Motorsports Classic at the Albuquerque National Dragway in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Itís a beautiful clear evening. Itís only 52 degrees out with 10 mph tailwind. Crews have been making adjustments for tonightís chilly temps.

Our first pair will be Ruth VS Dave.

Dave will be driving the Unsafe At Any Speed Corvair for the AMB team.

Posted Image

Ruth is driving her Potvin-blown, 300CID powered '32 Bantam Altered, prepped by Arnie Paitch's Speed Shop.

Posted Image

The driver's prep and stage. Ruth leaves with a 1.4 second advantage. Dave waits and then charges after her. All four tires hook up and Dave wins by half a car length. Dave is going into the finals.

Next up is Rick. He will be making a single car pass, in his Li'L Nasty Willys.
Rick stages and takes off. He loses traction, gathers it up again and finishes his pass. Rick will meet Dave in the final round.

Posted Image

That concludes tonight's semi-final round. Be sure to stick around for tonight's final round, after the break.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome back to the final round of the SNRA 2016 Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the New Mexico Motorsports Classic at the Albuquerque National Dragway in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Itís a beautiful cold, but clear evening.

This is what we've all come to see, Dave "Chargin Charlie" VS Rick.

Dave is driving the twin blown Olds powered Corvair called Unsafe At Any Speed, prepped by the AMB team.

Posted Image

Rick is driving the 383 c.i. Hilborn injected small block Chevy powered 1941 Willys pick-up, Li'l Nasty for the Johnson Racing and Whoopee Parlor team.

Posted Image

The drivers do their burn outs and gingerly stage. Rick roars away with a 2.3 second lead. Dave waits patiently and charges after him. Once again dave wins by half a car length to be tonight's overall champion. This is the second year in a row that Dave has won this event.

Will you all join me in congratulating the 2016 New Mexico Motorsports Classic Champion, Dave "Chargin Charlie" Bayer. fbr

Posted Image

That concludes tonight's program. I hope all y'all will join us next week at the Alamo Runoffs at San Antonio Raceway in Marion, Texas on March 5th.

2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour points standing after race #3

Place Points Driver

1st 36 ET

2nd 30 wisdonm

3rd 27 Rick

4th 23 Bobby

5th 21 Kevin
Speed

7th 20 Ruth

8th 15 Dave

9th 8 Big Red

Has a checkered past.

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Great race Dave. Got to get the Willys dialed in a bit better - maybe a couple more mothballs in the gas tank. shhe
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Forget those moth balls Rick, The Podunkville bunch will send you some of Leonards Fuel. Wear gloves, don't spill any on the paint and DONT breath the fumes. Unless you are really interested in what the rings around Saturn look like. I don't know what is in the mix but Bobby says the squish he hauls away twice a week still smells like horseradish and dead mice. He said the color has changed though, has a little green tint to it and causes the bed on his dump truck to rust.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats on a great win from a radical machine that must be a handful to drive. Great job behind the wheel, for sure.

Early retirement this week for the HRA gang, but we knew it wouldn't last. I'm amazed our drivers can get what they do out of these old cars, and all credit to the crew that they generally don't blow up on us. A big welcome to all the new cars entered in this round. I hope we get more. See you all next week!
Keep on buildin'

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
First I'm in disbelief and honored to be offered such a mint and awesome ride out of the blue by Wisdonm. .z. .z. .z.
Obviously all the stress of dissertation process has mine nerves and reflexes at a high ebb. :)))

Congratulations to all the competetors. :))) :))) :)))

I guess I could look at this thing two ways, I should have switched to GM before (Course I'm preparing a Ford for the oval series we'll see how that goes, or it takes two Olds engines to eclipse one Mopar! r:r

In any event, I love the car, it fits me and is so comfortable, just a joy, and with the metalflake, such a good looker!

Thanks again.
Dave CC Bayer
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations Dave fbr
Kevin

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave, maybe your co-pilot was an unfair advantage, as Mark Donohoue would call them.

Posted Image

Has a checkered past.

« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply