Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Group Build; Track truck build off
Topic Started: Feb 14 2016, 11:51 AM (929 Views)
krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone on here interested in doing a group build using a truck kit. If I get enough interest I will setup a thread for it.

Any truck kit can be used. Year does not matter either. Truck can be anything from a race truck to a push truck or anything in between. I will set a start date with a finish date six months from that. Will need a picture of the kit box with something showing start date in picture. Any takers .?.
Kevin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...What would you consider the Ford Ranchero...a car or truck?
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Brian Conn,Feb 14 2016
11:54 AM
What would you consider the Ford Ranchero

A wreck.... r:r Just kidding!
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Kevin, I think that would be a great idea. I would definitely love to participate, if the time/space continuum works out (more time, more space). As many know, I have been mentioning wanting to build a diorama, and I have a great piece in mind for a toy-toter.
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Count me in. With 6 months to get 'er done I'll work it into my upcomg projects, probably a push truck to go with a drag car or maybe my next circle track machine.
Keep on buildin'

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep, I'll give it a shot. :lol:
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For me 6 months mat be tight but it'd be fun....
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like an interesting idea. The theme for this years CKM/NNL is "Built FORD Tough" and I have a couple of different builds in mind and this community build would fit right in. :unsure:
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brian I see nothing wrong with using a Ranchero or El Camino. Thanks guys for the show of support. If we get 3 more to commit I will put it up for discussion of start time. I want to do 6 months so that we don't get drawn out over time and forget to finish.

If anyone has Snap Together kits they want to use it would be fine also. Just has to be something that you would see at a race track. Dose not matter what type of racing either.

Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As long as the Ford Ranchero is a legal body and I can use the '72 Ranchero transkit from Motor City Resin Casters along with the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino kit from Revell count me in.....been wanting to build a '74 - '76 Ranchero Sportsman for many years.....
ON THE WORK BENCH....

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have no problems with any of that. If someone wants to do a Semi car hauler or a stock truck with a wooden bumper no problem. Just like to see it done at the end.
Kevin

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Count me in. Been wondering what I was going to do with that Nascar truck kit.

Supergluek5
Mike
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
Administrator /Old has been!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Im in Kevin,need a break from the altered rr21
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Count me in Kevin. I've got a NASCAR truck that's been waiting on me for a long time. :)))
Kevin

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When would be a good start date? 4-1-16 to 10-1-16 5-1-16 to 11-1-16 Or would everyone like to do earlier or later start time? I would like for the guys building race trucks to be able to have them done for SNRA series if they wish. But, I also want to give others time to find a kit to build.

If anyone is wanting to do something else for a group build please post in the town hall. All you need is to post topic headline -Group Build- and in subject under that what type of build. After that if 8-9 members are interested will give it a go. All I ask is that it has a racing theme if you submit something. It could be as simple as everyone using the same kit to start with. At some point I would like to do a race trailer build. I know some members built some nice ones without using a kit. As always looking for suggestions. .z.
Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...Ordered the Ranchero today....Motor City Resin Casters sure is proud of that trans kit mm1 ......I would hope to think that I would receive it before the suggested 4-1-16 start date. .?.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Either start date would be fine with me, just as long as the other members have sufficient time to gather parts. All the parts I need are in my stock pile, I think ;bb; .
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

charlie d.
[ *  *  * ]
count me in on this build

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
....I am going to suggest the 5-1-16 date after receiving this bit of information regarding my order today....

thank you for your order. please allow 6-8 weeks to cast, cure and ship. jeff

...........at least he's being honest about it I suppose .?. ....don't let me hold up the starting time, I have other parts of the build that I can be working on.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have no problem with using that date. Anyone need to start before then? Brian I chose those start dates to give you guys time to get stuff together and maybe finish other builds up.
Kevin

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If you want to start earlier than May 1st. I don't think that will pose a problem where my order is concerned....the only real thing that would be holding me up is the body...I can be kept busy doing the roll cage, putting an engine and tranny together....rear end...decals on the computer ... etc. etc.
ON THE WORK BENCH....

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What exactly is "race truck"? :unsure: All forms of racing? .z.
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Truck build is for any model truck kit. Wrecker, push truck, fire truck, water truck, Nascar truck, Baja racing truck, hill climb truck, monster truck, drag racing truck, track drying truck, track cleaning truck, almost any truck kit will do. The racing truck part came from the guys using their builds for the SNRA Series as well. It is not required that the build be used for that if you do not wish to. Hope this helps clear it up more .z.
Kevin

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got It! :)))

Thanx,Kevin!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Not a problem. I will say I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. I'll be building a wrecker for this.
Kevin

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · SUGGESTION BOX · Next Topic »
Add Reply