Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1/16 Scale Fuel Altered Update!
Topic Started: Jan 16 2016, 12:03 AM (577 Views)
resin-daddy
Member Avatar
Administrator /Old has been!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well here is what i have been up to as of late,gonna try something bigger!Starting out with a Mark Johnson hemi,I didnt like the mag that came with it so i machined one for it.Fast forward here is the engine now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More coming :)))
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr
Kevin

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A little update,the rear slicks in kit form are to small for the micro nitro wheels so i ordered a set...to big mm1 so i decide to make my own,The one on the left is the big one i made the middle one and the right is the kit tire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made the master from resin,it has since been machined to fit the wheel,the final tire will be done in rubber :)))
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
jsm Beautiful Work!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
WOW Jamie, that's amazing B) fbr jsm :))) rrr fant
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looking good :)))
Kevin

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for all the comments,I thought you might like this one John r:r Here are a couple mockups

Posted Image

Posted Image

And another one i started LoL

Posted Image

Posted Image

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is the artwork for both altereds,Problem Child has been printed and will go on the 23T truck and The Assassin will go on the other one. Well back to work .z. for looking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Some great work there Jamie keep the updates coming rlr

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A little update got the rear end together and some more odd things will post pics tommorow :)))

scale modeler
[ * ]
This is awsome,what body are those? The rims look like real aluminum!That artwork is out of this world,did you do it and what color will you paint it? I will be watching this one rrr rrr rlr

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Scale,the bodies are from comp resin and the wheels are real aluminum there from Micro Nitro.The paint will be from House of color its called Burple.Got a bit more done on it just have not time to take pictures.

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here are the new parts,First is the rear and front wings,the brake assy and the Williams rear end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Superb in every way. I dig the artwork. Who is printing your decals? I looks like it may include some gold tones.
Keep on buildin'

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Bernard,A friend of mine does my printing and in fact Problem Child does have gold they are printed in whats called Engine Turned it looks like the old style gold leaf.

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
resin-daddy,Feb 29 2016
06:55 AM
Thanks Bernard,A friend of mine does my printing and in fact Problem Child does have gold they are printed in whats called Engine Turned it looks like the old style gold leaf.

I'm envious! Decals are a constant and important part of my build style and I recently realized how useful it would be to have a means to print white and metallic. Can't wait to see the engine turned effect on the decals.
Keep on buildin'

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Definitely going to be an exciting build. I have one big scale 1/12 (?) '57 Chevy that I have collected some parts for. Just noticed the POW/MIA decal on the Problem Child sheet; as a veteran, thank you for remembering. afs
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernard i have the decals and i have to say he outdone himself,if they will scan i will put them up,Rick your more than welcome my friend,my father in law was a vet and we lost him to agent orange in Jan.a year ago,Thank you for your service.

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin

« Previous Topic · DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply