Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another couple of 32's
Topic Started: Jan 4 2016, 08:46 PM (405 Views)
Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
After eyeballing Bernard Kron's Highboy, I realized I have only 2 32's in my entire built collection. Well, 3 if you count the sedan I have entered in the SFDT. Unlike Bernard, who always cranks out cool looking rods of all kinds, I usually build stuff nobody is interested in. I did build the Monogram 32 three window kit from around 1989 and then the Revell three window when it first came out. They were both out of the box with only engine wiring detail. I posted both on another forum a couple of years ago and now here so this is only the second time they have been seen since I built them. First up is the Monogram version straight out of the box with wired engine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Next up is the Revell version which was released sometime in the mid to late 90's I think. As we all know, the later Revell version is a much better looking kit than the Monogram offering dating from the 1960's.
Posted Image
Posted Image
These are not new builds as they have been in the display case collecting dust for a while. Maybe they will be of some inspiration for someone. I have a few other of these kits in the stash but have too many other projects in pieces laying everywhere to start one just yet. Thanks fer looking and laughing!!!!!!!!!!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Both are super sanitary and real nice.

I had forgotten that Monogram made a 3-window Deuce. The only version I can recall was the Rockin' Rods Beach Boys Little Deuce Coupe but I suspect there must have been an earlier "Little Deuce" era version in the '60's. The greenhouse is a little awkward but the motor is outasight and the stance is very nice, too - both far superior to the later Revell car, IMHO. Also the tires and wheels are so much nicer than the later Revell issue, at least to those of us who like to build Old School. Revell may have gotten the overall car more right, but Monogram beat them when it came to that 60's vibe. The Revell car is definitely a 90's machine.

Now, or course, the Revell 3-window has been re-issued under the Monogram brand ('though thankfully at a discounted price)so things are really confusing.

I assume the Monogram car has the frame integrated into the fender assembly like the old Monogram roadster. Some sort of ideal version is out their using parts from both models.

Anyway, black is an unforgiving color for paint and both your models sparkle. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Keep on buildin'

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You are right, Bernard. The black bomb is the "Rockin' Rods" Monogram issue. It does lack chassis detail but the wheels and engine was pretty good. The body always looked awkward to me. The green gloo-bomb is a better kit but it had no old-skool parts at all. I don't build rods much but I do have the later release 5 window and sedan kits in the stash. I have always wanted to build a Bud Crayne 32 from the Henry Gregor Felsen novel "Hot Rod". I would do a cover car as trying to do one from Henry's ever-changing description in the story would be impossible.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) fbr :)))

Love the foiled firewall and you don't see many deuces painted green! I love it! Nice to get the old builds out into the sun every once in awhile!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice looking duo!!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) B) :)))

modelcarman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
WOW very sharp 32s!!!