Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deuce 5-window Highboy - My last for 2015
Topic Started: Jan 1 2016, 09:31 PM (376 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
’32 Ford 5-Window Highboy

I built this in 10 days with the express goal to get one last model done before the end of 2015. I just made it on the evening of the 31st. It’s what I’ve come to call a “therapy” build – a simple, straightforward project covering familiar territory with idea t o get something done in a ,short period of time that I will be satisfied with and that’s not too technically challenging. They’re usually Revell Deuces, which is right up my comfort zone.

This one isn’t quite Out Of The Box, with a pretty severe redo of the kit stance via a shaved front spring and notched frame rails, and a blown Revell Parts Pak blown Pontiac 421 with carbs and air cleaners from a Revell Parts Pak SBC. The wheels are Halibrand 5-slots I got at the NNL West a few years back. I have no idea of their origin. The rear tires are Herb Deeks truck items and the front “implement” tires are Modelhaus T100’s. Paint is ultra basic, just Duplicolor Gloss Black on the frame and Duplicolor Red Oxide Primer for the bodywork. I neglected to photograph the interior but it’s the kit interior with a seat from the Revell 32 Ford Goodguys Roadster, all finished in blood red leatherette with a black dashboard floor area and steering wheel. The grill graphics are from the ‘50’s and applied by way of a home-made decals.

Just yer basic Hot Rod…

Thanks for lookin’,
B.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great job, love those old style hot rods. :))) :))) :)))
Kevin

henryc43
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely done! :)))

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) fbr :))) B)

John Gorday
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hard to beat these old coupes for a nice hot rod.

I like the lowered front end, and maybe I can use that on one I intend to build soon.

Good job. :lol:
It doesn't cost any more to be nice.

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks everyone. The Revell Deuces really need help in the stance department. You gotta be merciless with the front end. These days I'm down to one leaf on the front spring and notch the frame rails for clearance in order to get the front end down. The rear could do with some lowering, too, unless you want some radical rake like I did here. I was going for that "phone booth" effect along with the unchopped top.
Keep on buildin'

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
AS always, nice build Bernard!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanx Dr. K! :)))
Keep on buildin'

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) fbr :)))

Love The Cam Bumper!
Nice Touch!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Frank!
Keep on buildin'

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Broken Photobucket links repaired. For now I'm only updating completed model pics. Updating w.i.p. links is just too huge a task! I'll update them on request...
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · ANYTHING OTHER THAN RACE CARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply