Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some more oldies
Topic Started: Dec 12 2015, 09:04 AM (252 Views)
Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As a kid, I always looked for the photo booth when I went to a new track or my local one. I could usually pick up a photo for 10 cents and blew my 50 cents pretty fast. I always got a program and kept them all. I had a box of programs from about 4 states and during a move in the early 70's, my dear Mother ditched the box and a lot of history was lost. Bless her heart, she had no clue. I still have some old programs and photos and guard them with my life. Here are a few.

Mr. Don Schoenfeld today known for his headers, back in 1966 at Razorback Speedway.
Posted Image

Here is one for you MOPAR nuts. Jack Martin from Stillwell Ok. drove this one in 1967 and ran a HEMI.
Posted Image

These photos are from Riverside Speedway in Kansas City in 1966. I do not know who the drivers are, maybe someone here can tell us. The track no longer exists and it was small, almost a circle with no straights the way I remember it. The cars were sideways all the time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This was one of our local drivers and he was pretty salty on dirt and asphalt. I think the photo of the coupe is from 1966 or 65.
Posted Image

Here he is again at Razorback Speedway in 1971. He built the Mustang in his Garage/Driveway over the winter.
Posted Image
1973 with a asphalt camaro. Dale was a super nice guy. He always had time to talk to you and answer your questions.
Posted Image

One of my favorite photos. Larry Phillips chasing Dick Trickle at Rolla in 1972. I think the #45 trying to stay out of the way is Vance Cook from Jonesboro Ark.
Posted Image
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
Richard Nixon

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, those are some more great old photos. I really enjoy all the classic race cars from the old days.
If you are on Facebook there are several groups you can join for vintage racing photos and history, a few I Belong to are Midwest dirt track legends, Midwest Jalopies vintage racing, and History of Iowa
Dirt track racing.
Thanks again for sharing them, I'd love to see more if you have them.
Kevin

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin, I do not do Facebook. Feel free to post and use any of these old photos I post here. I have more photos somewhere along with some old programs and I will post some of those up if they photograph well enough. I am glad you enjoy this stuff. I did for many years.
Richard Nixon

« Previous Topic · 1:1 Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply