Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Southern Fryed Bantam, Bi-Coastal Style; Ledbetter & LaFlamme Team Up w/ an AA/FA
Topic Started: Dec 6 2015, 09:06 PM (565 Views)
Duffy
Unregistered

Here's how it went down -

Near the close of last season's Tour, Ms. Emily Cudhay made an appearance or two at events in support of her grand-aunt Agnes, and Team Paitch-Valente's pushman, Heckpussy LaFlamme, was around at precisely the wrong moment. After several weeks' worth of public mooning that would make our Earthly satellite blush sympathetically, he hopped on his Harley & took a trip out to Podunkville to, umm, scope out his chances.

He must have got some encouragement from somebody - a man in love don't need much encouragement at all - because he returned this Autumn like A Man With A Mission: sold most of his Earthly holdings and invested in a likely facility near Arnie Paitch's Fullerton shop and settled in for a long winter's build.

What we know, to date:

Leonard Ledbetter, late of Agnes Cudhay's team, is procuring a chassis for a collaborative ride; Heck is prepping and painting the body and ancillary panels, and building engines. All other work is being done inside the secretive compound held by the Greater Podunk Research Center, and how an organization publicly committed to agro-technology can be involved in building & running a drag car is beyond me.

LaFlamme will drive.

Here's a shot we sneaked out of the LaFlamme garage last night, showing the Model T Bantam shell up on the jig for painting.

Posted Image

At this point, we see the principals in the campaign prominently emblazoned on the sides, and we can glean some tantalizing hints from the crew roster on the tail: in addition to Leonard as chief designer and crew boss, we see FooFoo Roomba and Atticus Markoff (star pupils in the Podunk Institute of Technology Automotive School, and whose parents incidentally are both PIT Alumni as well as major contributors) and local legend and PIT mascot, Spaz the pig. Spaz' specific role in the team's workings has yet to be revealed, but at this juncture we can see a formidable team in the making.

The bumper line - "For Texas, and Miss Emily!!" - well, I assume you astute lot're painfully aware of that particular heart on that particular sleeve.

Watch these pages for further updates.
Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Duff, you ever get the feeling we are the only ones reading this stuff?? At any rate, I dropped by the GPRC and tried to get a look at Leonards new chassis. Nobody was around the shop and it was locked so I couldn't get a peek today.

I am not sure of Spazz's specific role in the team myself, other than he is Leonard's pig. He is known around the GPRC as the official "Guard Pig" and sometimes gets into things he should not. I found him out back this afternoon and just so people know, THIS is Spaz:
Posted Image

To make things a little easier to look at, I will include a photo of Miss Emily. I can full well understand why Heckpussy LaFlamme is a little out of sorts. She sure don't look anything like Agnes.
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
I'm watching & learning.lets see,it's like a 1/4 mile straight front shoot
or back straight,don't turn left!! got it!!
Is ms Emily the race queen???will cheat(bend the rules)for a kiss,those eyes!!

shoo pecce rrr

God bess our vets

afs

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
OOOOOHOOOh!!! wife saw post about Ms Emily Send help,trapped under Nova pro
stock. never thought she could throw a545 engine across shop like that!SEND HELP :P PGUP

Duffy
Unregistered

Err umm Dave, I think I should explain -

Posted Image

Heckpussy LaFlamme, pictured above, was Team Paitch-Valnte's official "Pushman" last year, and he did it without using the push truck. He's not a guy I would like to have mad at me. And he has a crush the size of the K-T meteor on Ms. Emily. By all accounts (not many, but there are at least a few lines in a ledger here and there), Emily is interested. It may be advisable to leave that situation to play out unimpeded.

On the other hand - The Colonel Of Truth's daughter, Ruth, will also be competing on the Tour this year; and she is currently single. If you're interested.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
See what I mean, Duff? Its all in vain……………...

Duffy
Unregistered

"No, it isn't."
- The Colonel Of Truth

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
I learned my lesson, wife ruined my 454c.i. mill.have to fix hole in shop wall,build new motor for southern drag tour.lease the big guy has good taste in cycles and ladies.Ruth? can't fool me that's Pat Banatar the Rocker.
for give?? Too much fumes from dirt car and no helmet.just going to hide
under Nova ss pro stock(trans needs in)and or super late mod build till green drops, Where's the safety of a dirt track!!!!

:o :P :P

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
DTD, I see you are having a bad day. Yes, Ol Duff DID FOOL you, that is NOT Pat. I think i would have the Doc look at that knot on the side of your head where the Fat Block hit you. 700 pounds on the temple can cause some problems. Spend a week in Podunkville, you will come away with a totally different outlook on the world.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
just having fun with you duffy and left turn 75 hope I didn't p.o any one
or over step any bounds.Hope to get to know both of you,and you'll see i have
weird humor.Have nice nite.at 62 eyes are going!

God bless you vets afs

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LOL! Over step WHAT Bounds? A weird sense of humor fits right in. If you think YOU have one, just keep Readin'! Ya gotta get pretty insane to catch up with us.

Duffy
Unregistered

That's true, it's often said the world seems a little brighter after you've seen Podunkville.

Dave, no foolin' intended, really. Actually, Ruth occasionally gets told she looks a lot like Joan Jett, and her usual reaction is something like this lighthearted pose:

Posted Image

Heckpussy has been slavin' away on the big 392 Chrysler mill, and it's a little lumpy at present. He went out a few minutes ago for an assortment of peens and mauls, grumbling something like "Aluminum warn't made that I can't persuade..." We had a Hilborn 4-port bugcatcher around but no proper stacks, so he fabricated a set from his highschool band bassoon, including most of the throttle linkage. It's coming along a little slower than we'd like, as he tends to talk on the phone to Emily a couple hours each evening and he's just no good for anything after that. Maybe by the end of next week we'll have this out & make room for final assembly on Ruthie's car. Stay tuned.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Duffy
Unregistered

dirttrackdave,Dec 7 2015
08:45 PM
just having fun with you duffy and left turn 75 hope I didn't  p.o any one
or over step any bounds.Hope to get to know both of you,and you'll see i have
weird humor.Have nice nite.at 62 eyes are going!

Naah, for us, this is half the fun. What good's going to the race if you can't lie outrageously between passes, I always say. Lefty & I tend to rattle on; it's fun for us, summat less fun for a mamber or two in these parts...hey, can't please 'em all. Come and play, Dude! It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

I'm 65 myself, and friends tell me I looked a lot like The Colonel Of Truth in my younger days; but then they clam up when I press them on which specific younger days they refer to. That's the trubble with hangin' with a buncha flamin' Liberals, I tell ya, they go all noooo-annnced at the worst possible moments.
Quote Post Goto Top

Duffy
Unregistered

Duffy's Cautionary Tale #327 -

Here's what can happen when you got two harried racers using the paintbooth at the same time:

LaFlamme was rushing out to Arnie Paitch's Speed Shop and paused to lay down one more lacquer clearcoat on The L Train, grabbed the rattlecan and dusted the right side of the body with the Fender Vintage White that Ruth Truth is painting up her Bantam with.

Read the label FIRST. Read twice, paint once.
Quote Post Goto Top

Duffy
Unregistered

Just a quick update for Sunday night - Heckpussy's finished with the painting and lettering on both the Ledbetter-LaFlamme car and Ruthie's. H'P had to re-do the right side of The L Train completely, which meant he had to re-mix the MTA meatball orange all over again; he shut the rest of us out of the shop while he did that as he will not let anybody hear him curse. I just managed to sneak in and snap this one shot while he was making fresh coffee - that man can drink more coffee than I've ever.

This is heading out to Podunkville this week along with the LaFlamme-built engine, to be mounted to Leonard's chassis. Ruth Truth got home from Paris today, a bit bruised and dishevelled from demonstrating at the Climate Talks, but eager to get her car closed up. Stay tuned.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr
Kevin

Duffy
Unregistered

LaFlamme buttoned up the engine today & is crating it tomorrow for its short hop down the road to Ledbetter's place.

This was pretty much the stock Dodge from the AMT Bantam Blast kit, 'cept I lost a few bits along the way & had to substitute. The big bugcatcher's from the Revell Parts Pack Ford, the fuel pump's from the Tony Nancy double, modified for the runoff/pressure return line. Wires & fuel lines are from Detail Master. The hydraulic throttle linkage is scratchbuilt, featuring a hand-wound spring from a wire teased out of my ol' broken cell phone. It was all in place and pretty when I realized that Heckpussy LaFlamme's left-handed and had built it all on the wrong side. Hey, look, YOU break it to him! It's Leonard's prollem now...

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shucks, that left-handed thing won't bother Leonard none. He is one of them fella's that can use both hands equal. I've seen him play golf left handed, play soft ball right handed and he eats with both. You don't sit next to Leonard at the table, you give him room on each side. He says everything is just for fun but Eatin' is serious business, says folks shouldn't fool around while Eatin'. Should have some pics of th chassis in a couple of days. Leonard has it covered up at the moment and won't let anyone see it just yet. I can't wait to see the first pass these two knot heads make. I am sure it will be a new record-----in one form or another.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply