Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
snra drags; what's a bracket racer?
Topic Started: Oct 25 2015, 12:26 PM (360 Views)
dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Hi gang!!Dirttrackdave here,
have a silly question, think i know but will ask any way.will 69-72nova kit ( old pr0) still run as a pro stock? Have not really followed drags since 70's.
know bracket is running at an et and if faster you are out?
If Nova kit fits,can it be built with kit schackles? Photos of that time show
cars with just bent springs. Thanks guys. .?. .?. r:r r:r
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dirt, just about anything you can come up with will fit in the drag series, its done on the handicap so there is really no "Classes" the car has to fit in. You can have a rail dragster paired up next to a P/S 60 impala and the winner is the luck of the draw. Enter something per the instructions with realistic HP and times and you are on your way! I think you will enjoy it. Your Nova would be fine.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep, Lefty as usual is right. :))) Technically in real life anything could be a bracket car but we want actual drag racing cars, so matter how stock the class of the sedan is,or exotic the dragster is it would be fine. The Nova will be fine, in fact Dannyboy won with a SS class Nova last year , but for what its worth, the series doesn't involve "dialing in" a certain time, and losing if you "break out" of it and all that. If it were the real thing, what we do would be called running on an index, considered the natural time for your cars given power and weight ratio, but it is used only to determine that the P/S 61 Pontiac for instance would have say a 6 second earlier leave time or handicap than the 70's funny car it may be running against. It's all luck of the draw anyway, but Don does a great job of making it feel like you are there round by round.
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Southern Fryed Drag rules call for dedicated drag racers, not dual purpose street/bracket racers. The wilder the better, but Stock is fine, as long as it doesn't look like grandma's car. maddr

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Don't know about grannies car,But you should have seen my 4foot 9inch mama driving my real 72 nova ss!!!could only hear little old lady from Pas.song,her right foot weight 200lbs!!She was pulled over by friend's father who said he was going to take her son's car away if she did not slow down!
thanks for input,learning so much from all of you.guess I can't run a supermodified as a aafuel Lol,lol

dirttrackdave

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:P Nobody said you couldn't do that. The aero will kill you, but since they're handicap races, it shouldn't matter. The ruels do state that we would prefer new builds. not re-cycled cars.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply