Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
32 Vicky; Skeeter Style
Topic Started: Oct 8 2015, 08:38 PM (821 Views)
IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My Skeeter I built for Ron's memorial race, A 32 Ford Vicky that has been shortened and narrowed,
scratch build chassis, quick change rear end from my parts box. Front axel from a 40 Ford, small block from a 55 Chevy. The radiator and fuel cell came from Ron.
Thanks for looking!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kevin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Its cool that you used parts from Ron

:))) :))) :)))
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

modelcarman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very sharp!!
The Model Car Man Ricky

henryc43
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely done!! :)))

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) fbr B)

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very nice, great build!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
Administrator /Old has been!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Awsome build,Ron would love it :))) :))) fbr
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That is a VERY COOL build!!!!

Take off the wing, and this style of car was typical of what was running at one track I went to on a semi-regular basis circa 1968, though even by then, the cars were getting "shorter & narrower" even by then.

check out www.fairmontspeedwayarchives.com and you will see what I'm referring to.
Ed K

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys!

That's the style I was going for Ed. I remember seeing some of those cars as a kid when we got to go to Jackson MN and the Clay county fair in Spencer. :)))
Kevin

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin...

If you're interested and can make it, the Kossuth County Ag & Motorsports Museum is hosting what they call Sprint Car 101 on Nov 22nd with the topic remembering the 1975 season at the Algona Race track. For more info go to www.kossuthmuseum.com then look for the tag, November 22, 2015 and click on the "click on...." tag and you will see the flyer for the event with a list of scheduled former drivers who are supposed to be in attendance. One name is missing, so far, that is of Ron Rea, whom we are trying to get to attend as he is from SoCal and raced with the CRA for most of his career, but he did travel around the country in the mid 1970's, of which the Algona track was one track he showed up and won the sprint main event....Wish I could get it large enough for one to read the caption under that photo. The Trophy Queen was Ron's girlfriend, so he figured he better win the main event.

This "invitation" is for anyone who is in the area that Sunday....

Know it would be a bit of a drive for you for just an hour and half program, but still thought I would mention it to you....
Ed K

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin,

The Jackson, MN track was "shrunk" down to a big 1/3 mile track for this past season, and the track is now in the process of redoing the not very old stands to even better stands.

The Clay County Fair track was rebuilt back in 2007 to a 1/3 mile literally inside the old half mile, so the stands are now the old front stretch distance from the new 1/3 mile track.

Check out www.pilotracewaynews.com (?) for the story on the Jackson, MN track.
Ed K

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Ed. I haven't been to some of those tracks in years. I had heard they rebuilt the Spencer track but did not know about Jackson. I should really do a road trip up north next summer and check them out. I did get a chance to go to Algona last summer while we were camping near there, it was fun to see that track again.
I missed going to my old hometown track in Alta this summer, they run on Wednesday night so it makes it hard to catch a show in the middle of the week.
Kevin

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kevin, the Jackson track just shrunk their track prior to the beginning of the seas this year (2015). Now they are in the process of redoing the grandstands again. However, Clay County and the Algona tracks still have the old covered grandstands! If you checked out Pilot Raceway News, you now know that the Jackson track plans to run Fri & Sat nights this coming year. Friday nights will be sprint cars only (run under I believe, the NSL series) while Sat. night will be the IMCA modifieds and related series. Will be interesting to see how that goes.
Ed K

« Previous Topic · SUPER MODIFIEDS & MODIFIEDS · Next Topic »
Add Reply