Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Skeeter for Ron's Race
Topic Started: Sep 5 2015, 08:53 PM (1,553 Views)
Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have never seen a Skeeter race and all I have to go by are pictures. sm2 That being said I am going to attempt to build a winged contraption to race in Ron's Race. I will be using a Tognotti chassis:

Posted Image

Here is what I have so far:

Posted Image

I also have one of Tom Enlow's shortened sedans, wing kits, radiator, seat, and quick-change soaking in Wesley's right now. It will be motivated by a 6X2 Buick mill from the AMT 36 Ford coupe. The front suspension will be solid axle under a buggy spring and the rear will be coilovers with a panhard bar and radius rods. More updates to follow.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great start Rick, can't wait to see what you do with it!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr
Kevin

grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lookin' good!! rlr fant Neal

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel kind of bad reopening this WIP after the race is over and I posted a mockup of the finished product; but I thought I would show some of the stuff I did with it.

Quick change from Tom Enlow, quarter-elliptic springs, and scratchbuilt shocks:
Posted Image

The completed chassis, all scratchbuilt except the front crash bar:

Posted Image
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The completed engine. It is from the AMT 36 Ford kit and is listed as a Buick, however there is some discussion on another forum that it is really a Pontiac. Anyway whatever it is it has six deuces and a magneto wired correctly for a Buick engine. I removed the alternator since there is no battery in this particular car.

Posted Image

I also have a set of three short pipes for an exhaust that will be installed on the final build.
Posted Image

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Final one for tonight( and at least the next two weeks - the wife and I are leaving on a trip to South Korea and I will be gone for ten days). Still needs interior tin and a seat shoo , some modification to the fuel tank, adjustment to the sideboards on the wing, and some detail painting (exhaust tips, lugnuts, and maybe a bit of dirtying up.

Posted Image

Dutchman
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's cool! :)))