Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suggestions for the 2016 Southern Fryed DRag Tour
Topic Started: Aug 30 2015, 09:04 PM (456 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
There has been a lot of discussions about different 2016 SNRA race series. however the first series of the year is the Southern Fryed Drag Tour. I have several questions as to which way the series should go and am open to suggestions to improve it.

1. I feel the cars should not only be new builds, but should be built on this site. I included this in the last two year's rules, but it has never been enforced. Yes, no?

2. Last year's series was increased to 14 events from the previous 8. Starts the week after the Super bowl, bye week for Easter, finishes the third week of May. This only leaves one or two weeks until the Late Model season starts. Is this too long?

3. Last year we had 25 cars vs the previous year's 12. This increased the time to do a race from 3 hours to 6-8 hours, depending on how many pixs and descriptions were included. Are pixs and detailed descriptions necessary for each run? Is it OK to just do the details and pixs for just the first round?

4. Can I get as basic as it was 4 years ago, when we just said car A was racing car B and won by X.xxx seconds?

Let's hear your thoughts and ideas. shoo

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would say the same open rules, as long as they are "drag racing" cars, anything goes, and figuring your index from the link was a great rule you came up with! :))) Saying who won what round by how much is fine by me, maybe pics in the first round and then for the winner at the end.
Ending in April, so trimming a couple races off the end, is fine by me, then no conflict with the late models, and then they can end earlier to not conflict with the fall series.

While this may take me out of the picture since its dissertation time in there, (but we'll see) new builds are appropriate with maybe at least one set of work in progress pictures somewhere around half-way through the build. :lol:

That'll still make it fun, but a manageable amount of work, and drag racing is so diverse as to types of cars, leaving the type wide open (since it can all be evened out by the index and luck of the draw anyway) will assure a large enough car count to make it worthwhile, and for everyone to build to their own tastes and interests.

JMHO
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I found all photos took too much time to load. I like Dave's setup with 3 pictures better. I'm for anything that gets you more entries next year. Drag racer has always been a wide open term. A stock SmartCar can be a drag car if a guy is crazy enough to line up with it.
Kevin

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
All sounds good here.... I'd be ok with less pics so that they load quicker...
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I like the rules we used last year. And as the others said pictures for all the rounds are not necessary.
Kevin

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the input guys. :))) If any of you have more ideas, you have two more days to make suggestions. badd

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply