Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Possible SNRA 2016 car; Beretta GT on Nascar frame
Topic Started: Aug 25 2015, 09:50 PM (677 Views)
supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
During all the discussion about the rules and possibilities for the SNRA 2016 'Old Righty' ah hum Lefty said something about possibly building a Beretta. Here's one I built sometime ago. To get the wheelbase right I had to shorten the chassis which I did by cut the front clip off at the firewall and removing enough frame until the length was right and put it back together

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Supergluek5
Mike
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Super, I don't know which chassis you started with but it looks like it took some engineering to fit all that in a Beretta body. How much did you have to take out of that chassis to get it in there? Yes, I thought about the idea but I decided it was more work than I wanted to attempt. Looks like you did just fine. :)))
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lefty,

This is an old build, at least 5 or 6 yrs I remember just taking the dremel and started cutting the pan around the frame rails and rear wheel wells until it fit inside the body then I cut the front clip at the firewall and shortened it until the front fit. The chassis I used was an AMT Olds or Pontiac. Been awhile since I did this

Supergluek5
Mike

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks great Mike. rrr :))) If you can't fit up a rear window we will still allow it as it is an older build, but its just too cool.
Dave B.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

John Gorday
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Super Mike comes through again. Neat deal, Captain.
It doesn't cost any more to be nice.

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave,

If I check the left over parts from that kit I probably have the back glass. I left it out because a lot of tracks do not require a back glass on the "bullrings" across the country

Supergluek5
Mike

« Previous Topic · SHORT TRACKERS ASPHALT · Next Topic »
Add Reply